confused over version of Kodi PVR plugin

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

confused over version of Kodi PVR plugin

Postby ashley » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:38 pm

hi @Oberon, @Theman,

I'm running dvblink v5.5 on windows 10.
My front ends are Nvidia Shield TVs.

I was trying to understand what the latest version of the PVR plugin is for Kodi, according to this it is 3.3.1
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/blob/master/pvr.dvblink/changelog.txt

But If I go into SPMC (Kodi 16 fork for Nvidia shield TV), it shows the PVR client version as 2.1.8 and it says no updates are available.

Can the latest real Kodi PVR client version please stand up!

as ever I'm looking at improved reliability! (I see the latest theater app doesn't work with 5.5 either - which is a shame).

I hope the latest fixes are being pushed to the SPMC Kodi fork, as many Shield TV owners will be using SPMC over Kodi due to its audio pass through features.
Last edited by ashley on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
DVBlink 6 on Win10 x64 with Nexus 5x/9/SPMC/Kodi clients
Dumped MCE for Nvidia Shield TV running SPMC v17 with dvblink plugin!
Dumped Sky TV for being a waste of money
ashley

Re: confused over version of Kodi PVR plugin

Postby Oberon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:44 pm

The latest version is the one, included with your Kodi installation.
In your case - 2.1.8.

v3.3.1 is for Kodi Krypton.
Oberon

Postby ashley » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:51 pm

thanks, but does that mean all the latest fixes are applied to Kodi 16 and Kodi 17 branches as the change list looks different?
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
ashley

Postby Oberon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Our changes are applied to both.
Oberon

Postby ashley » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:57 pm

thanks. understood.
Is it your intention to prevent v5.5 from using the latest v1 of the leanback client? I thought you had relaxed the rules some time ago to allow this?
Reason I ask is that I was going to give the leanback client another go (as last time I tried it wasn't ready for prime time IMHO), but I don't want to update to v6 until I can see how much the leanback client has moved on.
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
ashley

Postby Oberon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:59 pm

It is only compatible with DVBLink v6 and higher.
Oberon

Postby ashley » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:48 pm

thanks. I have just paid for the v6 update as I think the work you guys do is great and the upgrade is a small amount of money relative to the value add.

After a smooth upgrade, the theatre app works ok, but the UI colours still don't really seem to fit in with the other android TV apps, but more importantly the PVR timeshifting functionality is still missing - there is no pause FF/RW etc like we get on the Kodi PVR client. What are the timescales for getting this functionality in place?

Also can the Android Live TV integration be resurrected and integrated into the PVR offerings that I think are now available through the goolge APIs? Certainly form a UI perspective this appeared to have the most promise when I last looked about 6 months ago.

For anyone out there - the more people that upgrade the better for everyone - @Oberon and his team deserve our support - they work tirelessly on what is still the most viable and reliable backend for free to air and paytv integration out there. Nothing touches it. so come on guys, support them and help steer the product and get the team the recognition they deserve!
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
ashley

Postby the_man » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:32 pm

ashley wrote:After a smooth upgrade, the theatre app works ok, but the UI colours still don't really seem to fit in with the other android TV apps, but more importantly the PVR timeshifting functionality is still missing - there is no pause FF/RW etc like we get on the Kodi PVR client. What are the timescales for getting this functionality in place?

We are still working on it. We also very interested in this feature...
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby ashley » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:43 am

great stuff. I look forward to that capability - I'd especially like it if the Live TV capability of android TV could be enhanced to support PVR functionality (as I believe that is available in the Android TV APIs now).

One thing about dvblogic that always bugs me... for as long as I can remember if you navigate round the web administration interface of the setup, you'll often see situations where tuner0 appears to drop out of the setup - which causes lots ot problems - the solution is to stop the dvblink service and the restart it, then refresh the admin web page.

Problem is if you don't do that the config gets corrupt - it would be great if this long standing bug could be resolved as it must make it very hard for new users to the product (who wouldn't be aware of these quirks), and yes I'm on the latest v6 version, but this specific issue has been there ever since the product config moved from windows thick client to web UI several years ago.

I also picked up another interesting bug in dvblogic. I had a 7 day guide coming in through epgcollector via the xmltv feature, but by default I had the dvblogic EIT collector enabled (and the EIT data was only for 3 days in the future). What was happening was that the 7 day information was being overwritten by the EIT collector - so what would be great is if the xmltv collector is enabled, then the EIT collector should be disabled by default or atleast a warning pop up (it took me 2 hours to debug this).
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
ashley

Postby the_man » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:59 am

ashley wrote:One thing about dvblogic that always bugs me... for as long as I can remember if you navigate round the web administration interface of the setup, you'll often see situations where tuner0 appears to drop out of the setup - which causes lots ot problems - the solution is to stop the dvblink service and the restart it, then refresh the admin web page.

Problem is if you don't do that the config gets corrupt - it would be great if this long standing bug could be resolved as it must make it very hard for new users to the product (who wouldn't be aware of these quirks), and yes I'm on the latest v6 version, but this specific issue has been there ever since the product config moved from windows thick client to web UI several years ago.

I have faced with such issues, very rarely but faced. And it was the issue with the USB ports/tuners drivers, Seems the dvblink server starts faster then the tuner(s) awakes up or the ID of the USB device was changed, so DVBLink think that it is a new tuner.
Do you have a concrete scenario?

I also picked up another interesting bug in dvblogic. I had a 7 day guide coming in through epgcollector via the xmltv feature, but by default I had the dvblogic EIT collector enabled (and the EIT data was only for 3 days in the future). What was happening was that the 7 day information was being overwritten by the EIT collector - so what would be great is if the xmltv collector is enabled, then the EIT collector should be disabled by default or atleast a warning pop up (it took me 2 hours to debug this).

Try to assign the EPG data manually at the Channels-> EPG data. It should prevent the issue described by you.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby ashley » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:50 am

the_man wrote:
ashley wrote:One thing about dvblogic that always bugs me... for as long as I can remember if you navigate round the web administration interface of the setup, you'll often see situations where tuner0 appears to drop out of the setup - which causes lots ot problems - the solution is to stop the dvblink service and the restart it, then refresh the admin web page.

I have faced with such issues, very rarely but faced. And it was the issue with the USB ports/tuners drivers, Seems the dvblink server starts faster then the tuner(s) awakes up or the ID of the USB device was changed, so DVBLink think that it is a new tuner.
Do you have a concrete scenario?

Try to assign the EPG data manually at the Channels-> EPG data. It should prevent the issue described by you.

Thanks. On point one the issue is trivial to reproduce. Just attempt to set up a new system from scratch and see the tuner drop out randomly, this is on a quad cpu i5 and modern TBS tuner.

On point two, I had already done this but the 7day epg is overwritten by the 3 day with data.

Cheers
Ashley
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
ashley

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon