EPG Data

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

EPG Data

Postby alex.derbyshire » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi All,

I have been running Kodi on my Windows PC for the last few months and it's been working very well (good to finally make the move away from WMC!)

Just recently the majority of my channels don't appear to be pulling EPG data from the DVB Link server. Web browsing to the TV guide is fine and the Raspberry Pi that i use has no problems. I was running v16 of Kodi and recently i've upgraded to v16.1 in hope it would fix my issues. Within the Kodi settings i have tried the usual settings TV -> General -> Clear data (no joy) TV -> Guide -> Clear data (no joy). I have completely uninstalled Kodi from my Windows PC (tick box to delete user data enabled) and still no joy.

Anybody have any ideas?

Alex
alex.derbyshire

Re: EPG Data

Postby Ashg » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:39 pm

I presume Kodi can connect to DVBlogic? Is you can Still watch live TV? Just ruling out wrong ports, server addresses, passwords etc....
Ashg

Postby alex.derbyshire » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:54 pm

Yes I can watch all TV channel via Kodi with no problems.

I've just noticed another quirk. From the DVB Link TV guide (computer web browser) if I go to record a program (a channel that isn't pulling EPG data in Kodi) it pops up with an error stating "Error: general error happened" If I record a tv program from a channel that Kodi is showing data from then it sets a timer without an issue. Maybe this issue is related to the EPG guide within DVB Link? I'm using EPG collector to scrape the EPG data which is then read into DVB Link.

I've just ran a scrape of the EPG data to see if that sort it out. If that doesn't fix it then I may have to remove the XML path within DVB Link and re add it back in. I guess i wasn't looking at the DVB Link server being a problem as it 'displays' all EPG data.
alex.derbyshire

Postby alex.derbyshire » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:12 pm

Here's a copy of my log files after setting to info and attempting to load the EPG from Kodi
Attachments
dvblink-log-20160425-2311.zip
(225.96 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
alex.derbyshire

Postby the_man » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:47 am

Try to repair the dlrecorder.db
Go to dvblink web-UI ->TV And Media Library ->Settings-> Recorder -> Repair data base.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby alex.derbyshire » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 pm

When running the repair database via the GUI it hangs for about 30 - 40 seconds and then comes back with "Error:Internal"

Any other ideas? I could completely remove over the weekend and re install (seems a little drastic though).
alex.derbyshire

Postby alex.derbyshire » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Infact.... just tried to record the channel via the GUI and its now fixed! Ran a quick update within Kodi and its also showing all the EPG data now.

Thanks for your help.
alex.derbyshire

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon