timeshift option unusable on Windows 10

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

timeshift option unusable on Windows 10

Postby chfux » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:03 pm

As soon as I enable the timeshift option in dvblink kodi pvr addon, LiveTV gets unusable - even if no timeshift was started. After starting any TV channel with timeshift enabled, Live TV seems to operate fine. But after some time (usually less than a minute) the video stops for a while. As long as the video ist stopped, the user interface gets frozen and the CPU load for Kodi increases to 100% on one core. After some seconds the TV channel starts again running normally.

If the timeshift option is disabled for the PVR service in Kodi, the Live TV channels run fine (except some short interrupts on the audio channel).

A first indicator that there is something wrong is, that the displayed remaining time of the tv channel is updated in a 2 seconds interval. If timeshift is disabled in the settings, the timeline is updated once a second.

I did already try the following:
- disable the antivirus scanner
- disable/remove all other addons
- increase the Buffer settings in xml file

If I use PowerDVD on any DLNA dvblink channel, the video runs pretty well, including timeshift!

I was using Windows 7 with Microsoft Media Center, together with dvblogic server some time ago. This was running fine on that machine in the past.

This issue currently puts a big shortcoming to the use of kodi together with dvblink. If that issue cannot be solved I would move to a different product.
HTPC: i5-4590S, 256GB SSD, 3TB Seagate HDD, 8 GB Ram
Windows 10 64Bit, Kodi 15.2, SAT-IP with Dvblink 5.5.0
chfux

Re: timeshift option unusable on Windows 10

Postby Oberon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Please check your antivirus software or windows defender - looks like they are continuously checking time shift file.
Oberon

Re: timeshift option unusable on Windows 10

Postby chfux » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Oberon wrote:Please check your antivirus software or windows defender - looks like they are continuously checking time shift file.

this was really a perfect hint!

In my first tests I was excluding the timeshift file directory in my avg scanner - which did not help. After your message I made more tests with my antivirus scanner. I did completely deinstall avg - which did activate the windows defender. This did 100% resolve my timeshift error - except the two seconds delay on update of the timeline which does not hurt.

Seems that the AVG software does something which influences the video output and which I could not recognize in the task manager. I will stay with Windows defender.

@Oberon thx for your help
HTPC: i5-4590S, 256GB SSD, 3TB Seagate HDD, 8 GB Ram
Windows 10 64Bit, Kodi 15.2, SAT-IP with Dvblink 5.5.0
chfux

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon