Strange voice over

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Strange voice over

Postby alex.derbyshire » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi All,

I've tried looking around the forums and also online but i haven't got a clue how to stop what is happening on my DVBLink / Kodi setup. On certain channels there's a voice over almost as if for blind people?? when there are moving scenes without any usual actors a talking a male voice will describe the scene? As i say this is only on certain channels (Sky Atlantic is what i'm watching at the moment).

Any ideas?? I've looked through DVBLink and also all Kodi menus

Thanks,
Alex
alex.derbyshire

Re: Strange voice over

Postby Oberon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:54 pm

It is a so called narration audio track. You can switch to a usual one on kodi under audio menu on the playback screen.
Oberon

Postby alex.derbyshire » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:35 pm

spot on, cheers
alex.derbyshire

Postby beeswax » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:45 am

I just came across this problem myself (Sky UK/Kodi 15.2/AeonMQ5). It seems a lot of channels have a narration track and a good number of those have the narration track set as track 1 and standard one as track 2, which is not very helpful.

Changing the audio track on the Audio OSD does indeed solve the problem however you'll need to do this for every channel that has a narration track. Not wanting to have to go through the entire EPG checking for this I had a look through the settings and found what I was looking for. Navigate to Settings -> Video -> Playback. The default setting for "Preferred audio language" is "Original stream's language". Change this to English and now all live TV channels/recordings will select the standard audio track automatically, even if they are on track 2.
beeswax

Postby alex.derbyshire » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:15 pm

Excellent, I have this set in Kodi now. Thanks!
alex.derbyshire

Re: narration audio track

Postby Cryptic » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:06 am

Hi all,

I recently took delivery of a T95Z Smart TV Box and after using it happily for a couple of days, all of a sudden, my TV shows automatically play a narration over the top of the audio, if there is one? This having only recently commenced, I thought it might be something simple that I've hit on my keyboard not realising, however I'm still sitting hear none the wiser...

I've looked up the old posts regarding turning off the narration audio for my KDPlayer and unfortunately previous responses and directions seem a bit outdated (12/13) and as I am new to the technology I have been unable to resolve it on my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Cryptic

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon