Beta (Windows): DVBLink PVR Addon for Kodi 16

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Beta (Windows): DVBLink PVR Addon for Kodi 16

Postby Oberon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Here is the new version of the DVBLink PVR Addon for Kodi 16 with the Kodi native series timer support.

Added: Backport of 1.10.9 version from Isengard tree
Added: Native Kodi series timer support
Added: Support for keyword-based recording timers
Added: episode/season/year info to recording metadata

Please give it a try (Kodi 16 beta 2 or newer is required in combination with DVBLink v5.5.0) and let us know how it works for you.

Thanks!
Attachments
pvr.dvblink.1.11.7.zip
(286.86 KiB) Downloaded 688 times
Oberon

Re: Beta (Windows): DVBLink PVR Addon for Kodi 16

Postby Atreyu » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi,
I just upgraded kodi/dvblink server and was wondering how soon the addon would catch up with the new kodi pvr changes.
Wouldn't expect a build to be ready this fast, so thank you!
I will be replacing the build that ships with beta2 and report my findings.
Atreyu

Postby jawilljr » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:38 am

When I try to install the zip file I get an error message "Failed to install add-on from zip file"

Here is the Debug Log.
jawilljr

Postby Oberon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:43 am

Oops, forgot to add.
This is not an official zip add-on. This is just a contents of the add-on. To install it, close Kodi and copy the contents of a zip file to kodi\addons\pvr.dvblink, overwriting existing files.
Oberon

Postby Atreyu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:22 am

For me, installation through ' install from zip file' just resulted in an expected 'addon updated' notification.

Played around with it last night, nice to be able to use the Kodi native functions!

These are my findings so far:

- After updating all previously set recordings are, i guess, converted to reflect new options. Time stamps are now starting from the year 1970.
As far as i know this is a linux thing. If it annoys me i will just re-create the schedules.
- Kodi hung one time immidiately after updating. Had to reboot to recover. Never had this before.
- After settings some recordings and cancelling these about 15 minutes later, a recording that _was_ set in the future now seems to be 'currently recording' (red bullet shows) . Weird, seen this once so far, never seen this before, Checked, nothing gets recorded, so just a cosmetic thing
- If a recording is set from the guide, it is not possible to edit the recording type afterwards (greyed out). I thought this would be possible, maybe planned for a future release (?)
Atreyu

Postby Oberon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:37 am

Atreyu wrote:- After updating all previously set recordings are, i guess, converted to reflect new options. Time stamps are now starting from the year 1970.
As far as i know this is a linux thing. If it annoys me i will just re-create the schedules.
- Kodi hung one time immidiately after updating. Had to reboot to recover. Never had this before.
- After settings some recordings and cancelling these about 15 minutes later, a recording that _was_ set in the future now seems to be 'currently recording' (red bullet shows) . Weird, seen this once so far, never seen this before, Checked, nothing gets recorded, so just a cosmetic thing
- If a recording is set from the guide, it is not possible to edit the recording type afterwards (greyed out). I thought this would be possible, maybe planned for a future release (?)

Thanks for your input. Can you please elaborate a bit more on the first point? I am trying to understand what exactly happened.
As for the last one - DVBLink does not allow changing the type of the schedule once it is created. Only editing of some attributes is possible - e.g. margins, new only flag, how many recording to keep etc.
Oberon

Postby Atreyu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:53 am

About the previously existing recordings:
I had a number of planned 'timers' before updating to this PVR addon version.
The new GUI shows 'scheduled time' for series recordings as: '01-01-1970 from any time to 1:00'

I thought this would be the case only for existing recordings. Just tested this, and it seems that newly set series recordings show the same behaviour. Until now, i have only seen this in Linux installations.

I guess i was mistaken in thinking set recordings types could be edited as well.

Will be playing with PVR functions some more...
Atreyu

Postby Oberon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:57 am

What kind of timer are these recordings, showing incorrect date/time?
Oberon

Postby Atreyu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:14 am

When planning a recording from the guide, i choose: 'record series timer' and 'record only new episodes' which results in the timer being added with a scheduled time of '01-01-1970, anytime'. Recordings are fine, by the way.

I could swear that i selected a new series recording this way yesterday night, which did show the correct first record time.
Haven't been able to reproduce this ' correct' behaviour now. I must have been really tired ;-)
Atreyu

Postby Ney » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:36 pm

I just tried to update the plugin on Jarvis beta 3, running on linux(openelec). The addon simply doesnt appear in the my-addons list.
I can see from the addon.xml that platform is stated as "window" tried changing it to "all" to no avail.

Do you have jarvis builds planned for linux soon? I mean it is beta 3 with final roumered in december, would be a shame if dvblink isnt ready.
Ney

Postby Oberon » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:21 am

Ney wrote:I just tried to update the plugin on Jarvis beta 3, running on linux(openelec). The addon simply doesnt appear in the my-addons list.
I can see from the addon.xml that platform is stated as "window" tried changing it to "all" to no avail.

Do you have jarvis builds planned for linux soon? I mean it is beta 3 with final roumered in december, would be a shame if dvblink isnt ready.

There are no other beta builds planned. This DVBLink PVR addon will be part of Kodi 16 release.
Oberon

Postby Atreyu » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:02 pm

\Edit: i thought the Timer status was not correctly displayed.
Series recordings are now grouped, so correct status is actually displayed when selecting the 'record series timer' instance.

BTW, the ' master' instance still has the 1970 startdate, current recording program had the correct time/date.
Atreyu

Postby Oberon » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Atreyu wrote:\Edit: i thought the Timer status was not correctly displayed.
Series recordings are now grouped, so correct status is actually displayed when selecting the 'record series timer' instance.

BTW, the ' master' instance still has the 1970 startdate, current recording program had the correct time/date.

This is a bug in Kodi, which we will submit there. The thing is that they rely on the original event, which was used to schedule a recording, to display date/time information. But this event may long be not existent and we do not fill in anything about it.
Oberon

Postby Atreyu » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Perfect explanation, i was thinking in that direction.
Thank you for clarifying!
Atreyu

Postby Oberon » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Commit was merged today into pvr.dvblink repo (https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink) and hopefully will appear already in the next kodi 16 beta.
New dvblink kodi pvr addon version is 2.0.0.
Oberon

Next

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon