Strange behavior selecting channel without subscription

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Strange behavior selecting channel without subscription

Postby lujo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Windows 10
Kodi 15.1
Cine S2 6.5

It seems that when channel without subscription is selected dvblink Kodi addon lose connection with the server because after selecting this channel I need to wait about 80 seconds before I can select other channel. Within those 80 seconds I can select other FTA or channels with subscription but nothing happens.
I don't have this when using VLC player.

Animax: channel without subscription

Can you please see the logs and explain what you see. Please see also logs of ACamd which is in the same zip file.
Attachments
dvblink-log-20151013-2111.zip
(16.84 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
lujo

Re: Strange behavior selecting channel without subscription

Postby Oberon » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:55 pm

DVBLink waits for decrypted stream and does not send anything to Kodi until it starts coming, which in this case never comes. And the rest is up to Kofi to react on the fact that there is no stream.
Oberon

Re: Strange behavior selecting channel without subscription

Postby lujo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:18 pm

At this moment I don't have enough time but will try this on the same system with DVBViewer Kodi client.

But if this is how DVBLink Kodi client works then it is not really usable because there are enough satellite channels which are partially FTA. 24/7 FTA except for some encrypted programs like movies, football....

This means that every time user select those channel at the time it is encrypted DVBLink Kodi client stop working for about 80 seconds. Not really nice WAF experience.

Can you talk to the developers of Kodi and explain this issue?
lujo

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon