kodi 15.1 / amazon fire tv / freeze

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

kodi 15.1 / amazon fire tv / freeze

Postby gyre » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm having a few issues using the dvblink pvr addon with kodi 15.1 on my (original) amazon fire tv that folks might have seen before.

What is happening is that when watching live tv, I get about 5-10 seconds of video, but then it freezes, leaving just the sound running. kodi then becomes unresponsive and needs to be force stopped. This is 100% repeatable.

Howver, if I now disable libstagefright hardware accelleration on kodi, kodi won't now hang, but the picture is very blocky and ugly. (I already have mediacodec accelleration disabled due to other problems on the fire tv.)

Oddly if I now disable the dvblink pvr addon and just play the video via the dvblink server using kodi's upnp interface, the video is not blocky, nor does it hang regardless of the hardware accelleration settings on kodi. The only problem is that I have to switch on inverted bob interlace, as it's not automatically detected by kodi.

What is the pvr interface doing that the upnp interface isn't?

-- gyre --
gyre

Re: kodi 15.1 / amazon fire tv / freeze

Postby the_man » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Where is your server running? And do you use transcoding for streaming Live TV at PVR?
While the stream stutters, go to dvblink web interface, and look at Monitoring tab, Are there errors or discontinuities?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby gyre » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:42 pm

the_man wrote:Where is your server running? And do you use transcoding for streaming Live TV at PVR?
While the stream stutters, go to dvblink web interface, and look at Monitoring tab, Are there errors or discontinuities?

Thanks for responding.

The sat>ip device, the PC running dvblink and the amazon fire TV are all running on the same lan. Wired.

There are no errors or discontinuities displayed on the monitoring tab. All zero.

However, good call on transcoding. When I switched it off on the dvblink server, the dvblink kodi pvr plug-in complained about lack of transcoding and wouldn't play a stream.

If I turned it back on on the dvblink server and disabled it on the dvblink kodi plug-in, my stuttering vanished. After disabling libstagefright to stop kodi hanging and re-enabling mediacodec, I was able to watch good quality live tv through the plug-in.

-- gyre --
gyre

Postby David405 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:46 am

I'm having a few issues using the dvblink pvr addon with kodi 15.1 on my (original) amazon fire tv that folks might have seen before.
David405

Postby veletron » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:19 am

Me too. Plays OK for about 15 mins then freezes. Close ans restart kodi and its alright for another 15 mins.

I am using transcoding, 800pix wide, 512K. I was remote in motorhome on 4G at the time.

Nigel
veletron

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon