Kodi 15 dvblink watching in-progress recording

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Kodi 15 dvblink watching in-progress recording

Postby kime » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Is it possible to watch a currently recording TV programme? Currently the playback stops, skipping forward does not work, if the programme is still being recorded. Is this a limitation of dvblink or kodi, or am I doing something wrong?
kime

Re: Kodi 15 dvblink watching in-progress recording

Postby Oberon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:10 am

As far as I know it should work correctly already since Kodi 14.2 and one of the latest versions of DVBLink addon.
Which version do you currently use?
Oberon

Postby Plantje » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:44 am

Checked this myself and no issues on Kodi 15 beta using DVBLink 5.x
Plantje

Postby rpcameron » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:37 pm

I am curious of this as well. If I switch Live TV to a channel that has an in progress recording, I cannot timeshift further back than when I manually tuned to the channel. If I start watching from the Recordings list, I cannot watch beyond where the recording was when I started. This is with DVBLink 1.10.9 (I believe) on Kodi 15.1.
rpcameron

Postby rpcameron » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:10 am

I tested again with an in progress recording, and it played through the end when selecting it through the Recordings listing. I wonder if my previous problem was with an error in the actual recording itself.

However, the time display does not properly update when playing back in progress recordings, so I am unsure if this is a skin issue (I currently am using Titan).

Unfortunately, time shifting an in progress recording when switching to the channel live does not all me to rewind beyond when I switched to the channel ...
rpcameron

Postby Teddox » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:54 pm

I have been having similar problems but not all the time. If it start to watch something I am recording via a scheduled / series recording I often cannot watch past where it recorded upto when I started watching. Example:

BBC1 News at Six:
Recording will start at 18:00
I then go to Kodi recordings and start to watch from the start at 18:10
When I get to 10 minutes in (18:10 on the recording) it will stop
If I then close and reopen the recording a few minutes later I can watch a bit further in.
Recording finishes at 18:30
I can now watch the whole thing

I will have a play and see if I can find which scenarios cause it to happen and if I can do it 100% of the time.
Teddox

Postby fr56 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Just moved from MCE to Kodi 15 and all is excellent, except this issue that the others have mentioned; playing back a scheduled recording while it is currently recording will only allow it to play up to the point where I enter the show i.e. start playback of a 1hr show 30mins into it, and I can only play 30mins of it until I stop, then play it again.

Will try and see if there is a pattern to this over the coming days before the wife notices and tells me to ditch Kodi to go back to Media Center...
fr56

Postby Plantje » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:28 pm

I hardly think this should be a reason to go back to WMC!
Plantje

Postby Teddox » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:59 pm

OK did some initial testing and found the following..

Client:
Kodi 15.2 (DX11 version) on Windows 10
i7 3930K

Server:
Core2 Quad Q660
Windows 10 Pro
DVBLink 5.5 Latest

I can watch something being recorded as per problem. When I catch up to the recording point it was at when I started ot watch the recording it will continue, however there is a very small skip / stutter every few seconds as if it is buffering and catching back up.

I went into the PVR client in Kodi and disabled the timeshift option (something I enabled manually). I then replayed the stream back and it no longer skips / stutters once I reach the point in the recording where I started to watch. I will try on my other clients and see what effect it has.
Teddox

Postby Plantje » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:22 am

I tried this yesterday as well. Started watching Formula 1 while it was recording. I never had an issue.

If I understand correctly what you mention here the following should happen:
-Recording started at 19.45
-Started watching from recorded program at 20.05
-As soon as I reach the point that was being recorded from 20.05 onwards I should not be able to watch it?

Doesn't happen here. I am happy to share my setup etc if this helps to investigate the problem. Just let me know what you would like to know.
Plantje

Postby fr56 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Plantje wrote:I hardly think this should be a reason to go back to WMC!

Convinced the wife to use MCE 10years ago (and I've been using DVBLink for 5 of those) and without a single issue, so to move to Kodi and then try and explain certain caveats in its use is never the easiest conversation to have on why I've changed the system.... :roll:

I've tried it just now and it has happily caught up and carried on past the end of the timer into the current show, however if I skip around a a bit after it has caught up, it seems to trigger it into stopping. i.e. once caught up, it plays happily until i intervene and start skipping back & forth.

Need more tests to whittle down exactly when it does it. Will update.
fr56

Postby Plantje » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:01 pm

fr56 wrote:
Plantje wrote:I hardly think this should be a reason to go back to WMC!

Convinced the wife to use MCE 10years ago (and I've been using DVBLink for 5 of those) and without a single issue, so to move to Kodi and then try and explain certain caveats in its use is never the easiest conversation to have on why I've changed the system.... :roll:

Currently I am at a point where my girlfriend thinks it's all fine. She was happy using WMC and now I have something new. As long as I explain to her at some point how the new system works I can have my fun with it. And she should be able to watch "Neighbours"
fr56 wrote:I've tried it just now and it has happily caught up and carried on past the end of the timer into the current show, however if I skip around a a bit after it has caught up, it seems to trigger it into stopping. i.e. once caught up, it plays happily until i intervene and start skipping back & forth.

Need more tests to whittle down exactly when it does it. Will update.

Hmmm... I haven't done that. I can test it as well at some point if you like. (Time permitting of course.)
Plantje

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon