Few questions

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Few questions

Postby Plantje » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of switching from WMC to Kodi and during the test I am running into some issues.

For some reason during the installation of the PVR client I cannot use the default port 8100, but Live TV, Guide etc is working using port 8080. Is that an issue? (I would say: as long as it works it is fine)
However, when I check "Enable timeshift" (which is needed for pausing live TV, right?) I get an error message:"Could not get stream for channel...." I would really like to use this functionality! I get this message on three computers running Kodi and on one computer running XBMC Gotham.
One machine has issues running full HD live TV channels, so I decided I may want to use transcoding there (that should be the solution, right?). After enabling that I see the same error message as with enabled time shifting.

Finally, I needed to reinstall the HTPC machine containing the tuners and the DVBLogic installation. I had already scheduled some recordings and the recorded shows were showing up fine in the list of recordings. Currently I have set the recording location in the new installation to the same location still containing the old recordings. However, I do not see them in Kodi. I can only see them using Windows Explorer. The IP address has not been changed.

I am running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows RT and Windows Phone clients. My HTPC is running Windows 8.1 and DVBLogic version 4.6

Thanks!
Rudi Hendrix
Plantje

Re: Few questions

Postby the_man » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:41 pm

I'm Almost certain that almost all issues you have written about are because of old dvblink serever version (V4.x)
As for records it depend on how did you set recordings. To be sure got to dvblink web-interface and look for needed recordings there (i use dvblink V5.1 and i have forgotten the exact path for records). If they will present there, then they must be in all dvblink clients.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Plantje » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks, I will upgrade to 5.1 in that case.

What I did was the following:
-In the previous installation I went to the DVBLink web interface and set the recording path to "D:\Recorded TV\DVBLogic"
-Using Kodi I set a series to record. I saw that the shows were being recorded, visible in all Kodi and XBMC clients and were stored in "D:\Recorded TV\DVBLogic"
-After the new installation I went to the DVBLink web interface again and set the recording path to "D:\Recorded TV\DVBLogic" again

I would expect the files available in the location would show up again, but they don't. Not in Kodi, but neither in the DVBLink web interface under the Recordings. What makes a file being eligible as shown as recorded show in the DVBLink web interface? I am pretty sure that if the files show up there again they will also be visible in the Kodi clients again.

With regards to the stuttering: that is something that can be solved using transcoding?
Plantje

Postby the_man » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:28 pm

I would expect the files available in the location would show up again, but they don't. Not in Kodi, but neither in the DVBLink web interface under the Recordings. What makes a file being eligible as shown as recorded show in the DVBLink web interface? I am pretty sure that if the files show up there again they will also be visible in the Kodi clients again.

Two causes:
- corrupted dlrecorder.db http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... er.db_file
- you have programmed these records in WMC

With regard to Transcoding, i need log file, set log level to info restart dvblink server, reproduced the issue and attach zipped log file here.
Also it can be because of Old version of DVBLink server and DVBLink PVR Addon.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Plantje » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:02 pm

I have programmed the recordings in Kodi, not WMC. Previously they did show up in all environments.

Stupid question perhaps, but if I have reinstalled the machine containing the DVBLink server, how can database corruption be the cause? The database would be empty, wouldn't it?

Edit: I just tried creating a new recording. This new recording is visible in the DVBLink web interface and all Kodi clients. I also see the recording being stored in the place where I expect it. So, it seems as just a matter of adding the old recordings to the database again. Or is this something that happens automatically after restoring the database?
Plantje

Postby Plantje » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:29 am

Upgrading to the new version did solve the timeshift and stuttering issue. I love the monitoring tab as well!

I have been fiddling around with the recording database using SQLite 2009 Pro and I am getting more and more fond of it! I can add recorded items. This way Kodi will be a perfect replacement! Just needs some getting used to.
Plantje

Postby the_man » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Stupid question perhaps, but if I have reinstalled the machine containing the DVBLink server, how can database corruption be the cause? The database would be empty, wouldn't it?

dlrecorder.db is located in another path, than the DVBLink server.
It was done for saving all recordings, even after dvblink server reinstallation.
the_man

Postby Plantje » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:02 pm

the_man wrote:

dlrecorder.db is located in another path, than the DVBLink server.
It was done for saving all recordings, even after dvblink server reinstallation.

Yes, I noticed that. So, creating a backup of the configuration is not always sufficient.

Will the script outlined here go through all DVBLogic recordings and recreate the database based on the files available?

Some other questions with regards to the recordings: my girlfriend likes to watch "Say yes to the dress" on TLC, so I programmed it to record the series. That works fine and all, but in the mean time I have gathered quite a list. Is there an easy way to delete a lot of those recordings at once? What will happen if I just delete the files I want deleted using Windows Explorer? Will the database be automatically updated?
Plantje

Postby the_man » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:55 am

If you delete recordings via Windows Explorer, all deleted recordings would displayed in your clients, until you do not do the following settings:
got to web-interface -> TV And Media Library -> Settings -> Recorder-> check checkbox "Background check for deleted recordings"

Will the script outlined here go through all DVBLogic recordings and recreate the database based on the files available?

Yes, all available recordings should remain after database repairing.
the_man

Postby Plantje » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:25 am

Thanks again! I'll tick that checkbox. That is really helpful in managing the recordings!

I ran the SQLite script yesterday, but it didn't really work as planned. I had to run it twice, because the first time a recording was still in progress which I had to kill first. I think something went wrong there. Not a real issue as I am still testing a lot of stuff. With SQLite 2009 Pro I get a lot done in that database. That way I can also include my old WMC recordings. Really nice!
Plantje

Postby Plantje » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:07 pm

How often is the list updated if I check the checkbox "Background check for deleted recordings"? I deleted quite some recordings, but they are still in the list. Or do I need to start and stop the server once to get that going? Hmmm... I checked again and the checkbox was not ticked anymore.
Edit: I must have forgotten to save it the last time... all deleted files have nicely been removed from the list!

Is there some documentation available on the dlrecorder.db? Perhaps some information on the fields of the "completed_recording" table? Most fields I do understand, but the state, timer_id (especially that last part of it) and channel_id are quite strange to me
Plantje

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon