Number buttons and RPI Kodi

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Number buttons and RPI Kodi

Postby nseven » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:12 am

Can I use number buttons on the TV remote to change channels in Kodi on Raspberry Pi 2?
Also is it possible to start Kodi in live TV mode?
I want to set up DVBLink clients that behave as much like normal TVs for my parents.
nseven

Re: Number buttons and RPI Kodi

Postby the_man » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:22 am

1. As i know it is not possible to use number buttons on the TV remote to change channels in Kodi. You can control your PVR client via any android app for kodi ( like a Yatse or so), but for parents it would not be easy.
2. "Kodi in live TV mode" it question better to ask in kodi forum, but i have not yet ran into this. As i understand it must be something like Kodi Live TV Launcher ...
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby ymilner » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:04 pm

By TV remote - do you actually mean TV remote, or just remote? TV remote requires HDMI CEC between your TV and Raspberry. I do not have experience with that. On the other hand, I use Flirc adapter and a generic remote to control my Pi; I can confirm you can use number buttons to switch channels in Dvblink kodi plugin. When you watch a channel, entering channel number switches to that channel. When in EPG or channel list mode; it will jump to channel number entered. No surprises here...
ymilner

Postby the_man » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:10 pm

I mean TV remote, in my case i can use arrow buttons and some special buttons (home, return, options, stop, play ...) but not number buttons.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby nseven » Fri May 01, 2015 5:29 am

ymilner wrote:By TV remote - do you actually mean TV remote, or just remote? TV remote requires HDMI CEC between your TV and Raspberry. I do not have experience with that. On the other hand, I use Flirc adapter and a generic remote to control my Pi; I can confirm you can use number buttons to switch channels in Dvblink kodi plugin. When you watch a channel, entering channel number switches to that channel. When in EPG or channel list mode; it will jump to channel number entered. No surprises here...

Thanks for a suggestion.
I looked up for Flic and found the price plus shipping to where I live is quite high. Has anyone try GPIO IR with MCE remote?
nseven

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon