Series Folders

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Series Folders

Postby Charles R » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:08 pm

When I upgraded to the release that creates folders I was surprised it creates a folder even if there is only one recording for that series. Most DVRs I have used only creates a folder if there are more than one. Also cosmetically it looks rather bad or isn't being displayed correctly when you first "enter" the folder. Nothing is highlighted and the return "dots" aren't displayed. I see this with Kodi 14.2 and 15.
Attachments
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (98.9 KiB) Viewed 10594 times
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (94.13 KiB) Viewed 10594 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (73.38 KiB) Viewed 10603 times
Charles R

Re: Series Folders

Postby RTK » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:07 am

I've noticed the same thing but isn't this a Kodi and/or skin issue?
RTK

Postby Charles R » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:04 pm

RTK wrote:I've noticed the same thing but isn't this a Kodi and/or skin issue?

Yes and no. I tried Confluence and the display aspect is correct so it must be a Titan Mediabrowser issue as far as displaying improperly. Of course having a folder for (only) one episode is still there. Which one can see it being right or wrong...

I'm presuming you will report the cosmetic issue to the Titan guy(s)? :)

Given a moment of thought you might be right about the folder creation. I believe I saw the same with ServerWMC although it's been a while. Kodi might not be granular enough to handle it gracefully.

Which brings me to the fact this type of installation is both a blessing and a curse. In my case I have DVBLink, Windows, OpenELEC, Kodi, Titan Mediabrowser skin, and even custom firmware (for the Chromebox - one of my OpenELEC clients) all combined into one solution. No one controls their own destiny and everyone of them have to be looked at if and when any issues arise.
Charles R

Postby RTK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:08 am

If you repost your screen captures on Kodi forum http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212, Marcel is really good about keeping Titan up to date. With regards to a single episode nested within a folder, rather than just appearing as a single episode, I suspect that is a Kodi issue which in my opinion needs to be corrected but I much prefer having folders vs. just having long list of all recordings thrown together.
RTK

Postby Rlg6767 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Running Kodi 14.2 with confluence and DVBlink addon 1.9.13.

Rlg6767

Postby RTK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Rlg6767, thanks for that post. Issue must be Titan
RTK

Postby Charles R » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:43 pm

Rlg6767 wrote:Running Kodi 14.2 with confluence and DVBlink addon 1.9.13.]

I wonder what's different as you can see I'm on the same versions (via Windows 10) and I get folders with only one recording. It's a fresh install from yesterday. Only thing I have done is install the Titan Beta... which still has the cosmetic issues shown above.
Attachments
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled3.jpg (80.87 KiB) Viewed 10525 times
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (79.7 KiB) Viewed 10525 times
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (75.82 KiB) Viewed 10525 times
Charles R

Postby Charles R » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:58 pm

I just configured the DBLink Add-on to Not Group Recordings by Series and I lose all folders...

Even stranger I turned folders back on and I get folders for one recordings and no folders for the one show that has two recordings... something is confused.
Attachments
Untitled7.jpg
Untitled7.jpg (87.29 KiB) Viewed 10524 times
Untitled5.jpg
Untitled5.jpg (116.47 KiB) Viewed 10524 times
Untitled4.jpg
Untitled4.jpg (58.42 KiB) Viewed 10524 times
Charles R

Postby Oberon » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Folders are created for all recordings, which were part of series recording (even if there was only one recording in that series).
Those two recordings, which are not in folder, were most probably recorded not as part of series recording.
Oberon

Postby marcelveldt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Charles R wrote:I just configured the DBLink Add-on to Not Group Recordings by Series and I lose all folders...

Even stranger I turned folders back on and I get folders for one recordings and no folders for the one show that has two recordings... something is confused.

I will answer you question in my skin's thread at Kodi too but as I'm active on this forum too I'll start with answering here.

As the skin developer I have no control of how those recordings are displayed. So if they're in folders or not that's really something that is controlled by the addon. The skin just displays what it receives from Kodi and in this case the PVR addon in Kodi.

From your screenshots I don't see the exact same example where you compare Titan versus Confluence.
I think that if you do a fair compare with both the same recording you'll get same result on both skins meaning this should be fixed in the DVBLink PVR addon.

I've integrated every PVR addon available in my skin and have 1000's of active users and never have seen this issue before so I'm pretty sure it's somewhere within the addon. Have a look at last answer from Oberon which tells you that a folder is created for every series recording, even if there is only 1 recording in that folder...

My personal opinion is that the DVBlink addon should hide that folder if it only contains 1 item
marcelveldt

Postby Charles R » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 am

I appreciate both of you posting the related information. I think we have explained the situation whether it's to our liking or not...

If a series recording is recorded it creates a folder regardless of the number of episodes - I sort of understand the logic but Kodi doesn't and doesn't handle the folder "page" gracefully.
    If you record multiple episodes of the same show without using a series recording a folder isn't created - Strange but true. :)
    If there is only one recording in a folder the folder's screen looks funny - As it's not designed (on the Kodi level) to have only one recording.
Now I might have misunderstood.
Charles R

Postby RTK » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:36 am

Oberon wrote:Folders are created for all recordings, which were part of series recording (even if there was only one recording in that series).
Those two recordings, which are not in folder, were most probably recorded not as part of series recording.

Hi Oberon,
Would you please consider updating the DVBlink PVR add-on so that for series recordings, if there is just a single recording it will be displayed individually rather than nested within a folder? Folders aren't needed for a single episode.
Thank you.
RTK

Re: Series Folders (Deleted Entire Recordings Folder)

Postby razzandy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 am

Here is one for you guys.

Last night I selected one of my series recording folders with only one recording in that folder. Without moving down to the actual recording I deleted the top selection which is the return icon (thinking it would just delete the folder). It deleted all my recordings! Now all I see is the folders/files on my RPI-2 when I select recordings!

I will take a photo of my screen so you can see what I get when I select recordings!

I am gutted about my recordings but how do I get the folder back to normal?

Maybe I should open a new topic or you could move it to a new one for me Oberon?

Cheers

:idea:

Edited 23 April 15 @ 09:55hrs: Just to add I use OpenElec on RPI-2

Recordings Kodi.jpg
Recordings Folder
Recordings Kodi.jpg (145.94 KiB) Viewed 10294 times
razzandy

Re: Series Folders (Deleted Entire Recordings Folder)

Postby Charles R » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:40 pm

razzandy wrote:Last night I selected one of my series recording folders with only one recording in that folder. Without moving down to the actual recording I deleted the top selection which is the return icon (thinking it would just delete the folder). It deleted all my recordings! Now all I see is the folders/files on my RPI-2 when I select recordings!

I have Folders turned off... this deserves its own thread.
Charles R

Postby Oberon » Fri May 01, 2015 11:59 am

The extended series record dialog and option not to group single recordings into series are available in the 1.9.13.1 version of DVBLink PVR Addon for Kodi Helix:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=29658
Oberon

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon