TV Series Recording?

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Re: TV Series Recording?

Postby oliroe » Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Burkilos, those files work perfectly. Thanks

Ideally should it be the skin owner or the PVR add-on owner who updates these files?
oliroe

Postby oliroe » Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Oberon, as per the post below, could the add-on be fixed to look in pvr.dvblink\resources\skins\ rather than C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p (as an example)?

At the moment you have to overwrite the files in each skin folder which means it's very difficult to swap skins or DVR addons.

Thanks

I've extracted the skins zip provided in the correct location. According to my debug log (xbmc.log), the plugin does not look for RecordPrefs.xml in the skin folder of pvr.dvblink\resources\skins\skin.aeonmq5 when I choose to record a show but instead it loads the RecordPrefs.xml from the actual real addons\skin.aeonmq5 folder. The only way I can get this to work with skin.aeonmq5 is if I copy your files directly to the real skin.aeonmq5 folder (not in pvr.dvblink). The debug log does say that the files are loaded from the plugin\resources\skins folder when Confluence is used, just not when any other skin is used I guess.

The other problem is that your xml for aeonmq5 does not display correctly - I've attached the official aeonmq5 DeleteTimer.xml and RecordPrefs.xml files modified to work with pvr.dvblink instead of pvr.wmc. These need to be extracted to overwrite the files in C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p. When and if the DVBLink plugin is fixed to support other skins, it could be included in the plugin's skin folder instead.

Finally, it appears that deleting series does not work. I can record a single episode and delete it with no problems (although I never get a dialog when I do delete). If I record series and then try to delete it, it does not delete (must delete series from the web interface). According to my debug log, DeleteTimer.xml is never used at all, for Confluence or Aeon MQ5. Does deleting series work on your end on Gotham 13.2?

UPDATE:
New Upload - Fixed dialog heading for RecordPrefs[/quote]
oliroe

Postby ronschaeffer » Wed May 06, 2015 9:14 am

Oberon and co-

Are the "New episodes only," "Broadcast anytime" and "Number of episodes to keep" settings meant to be (a) present and (b) working with Confluence for DVBLink PVR Addon 1.9.13.1 for Kodi 14.x Helix. I cannot see them as shown in the first photo in oliroe's post dated 2 May. I've tried with a complete fresh install of Helix 14.2 on a test machine using DVBLink PVR Addon 1.9.13.1 with the Confluence skin. I have also tried with burkilos's updated dialogs for Aeon MQ5 and my own for Arctic: Zephyr. In all cases, the newly available "Minutes before" and "Minutes after" setting display, but "New episodes only," "Broadcast anytime" and "Number of episodes to keep" do not.

My configuration:
- DVBLink Server 5.1.0 11207
- DVBLink Connect! Server 5.1.0 11207
= DVBLink TV Adviser (GB) 5.1.0 11207
- DVBLink TVSource 5.1.0 11240
- DVBLink PVR Addon 1.9.13.1
- Kodi Helix 14.2

Thanks.
ronschaeffer

Postby Oberon » Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

ronschaeffer wrote:Are the "New episodes only," "Broadcast anytime" and "Number of episodes to keep" settings meant to be (a) present and (b) working with Confluence for DVBLink PVR Addon 1.9.13.1 for Kodi 14.x Helix.

Yes, they do. They appear only if you select "Record all episodes" radio button in a dialog.
Oberon

Postby ronschaeffer » Wed May 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Oberon wrote:
ronschaeffer wrote:Are the "New episodes only," "Broadcast anytime" and "Number of episodes to keep" settings meant to be (a) present and (b) working with Confluence for DVBLink PVR Addon 1.9.13.1 for Kodi 14.x Helix.

Yes, they do. They appear only if you select "Record all episodes" radio button in a dialog.

Silly me. Thanks. I hadn't actually tried that. I can now see that the settings appear.

Now that I could see it properly, I've also updated the modified series record dialog for the skin Arctic: Zephyr in my earlier messages. One of the setting lines was out of alignment. The corrected dialog is in the archive ArcticZephyrSeriesRecordDVBLink3.zip.
ronschaeffer

Postby oliroe » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi

Oberon, any chance of an update on my post below?

Thanks

oliroe wrote:Oberon, as per the post below, could the add-on be fixed to look in pvr.dvblink\resources\skins\ rather than C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p (as an example)?

At the moment you have to overwrite the files in each skin folder which means it's very difficult to swap skins or DVR addons.

Thanks

I've extracted the skins zip provided in the correct location. According to my debug log (xbmc.log), the plugin does not look for RecordPrefs.xml in the skin folder of pvr.dvblink\resources\skins\skin.aeonmq5 when I choose to record a show but instead it loads the RecordPrefs.xml from the actual real addons\skin.aeonmq5 folder. The only way I can get this to work with skin.aeonmq5 is if I copy your files directly to the real skin.aeonmq5 folder (not in pvr.dvblink). The debug log does say that the files are loaded from the plugin\resources\skins folder when Confluence is used, just not when any other skin is used I guess.

The other problem is that your xml for aeonmq5 does not display correctly - I've attached the official aeonmq5 DeleteTimer.xml and RecordPrefs.xml files modified to work with pvr.dvblink instead of pvr.wmc. These need to be extracted to overwrite the files in C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p. When and if the DVBLink plugin is fixed to support other skins, it could be included in the plugin's skin folder instead.

Finally, it appears that deleting series does not work. I can record a single episode and delete it with no problems (although I never get a dialog when I do delete). If I record series and then try to delete it, it does not delete (must delete series from the web interface). According to my debug log, DeleteTimer.xml is never used at all, for Confluence or Aeon MQ5. Does deleting series work on your end on Gotham 13.2?

UPDATE:
New Upload - Fixed dialog heading for RecordPrefs
[/quote]
oliroe

Postby Oberon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:55 pm

oliroe wrote:Hi

Oberon, any chance of an update on my post below?

Thanks

We did have a look at that. I can confirm that DeleteTime is used in Kodi v14.x and 15.x - do not know about 13.x.

As for the skins themselves - honestly we are not experts here on skinning issues. It would have been great if you can submit your changes to a github - https://github.com/dvblogic/pvr.dvblink. We will pull and merge the changes there. Thanks.
Oberon

Postby solomalee » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:41 am

oliroe wrote:...

Hi Oberon,

I've been looking again at the latest version of KODI running on the DVBlink supplied Raspberry Pi (Updated to OpenElec 6) and see that I too cannot delete a series that has been set to record in the KODI interface. I understand that I as a 'techie' might tolerate a workaround via the web interface, but others in the home certainly won't. Can you advise, is this a known problem and Is there a fix for it that allows deletion of series recordings from within the Kodi interface?

With my Windows MCE becoming unreliable, I'm looking for an alternative, KODI, is almost there, but not quite.

Thanks

Solo

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby Oberon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:40 pm

solomalee wrote:Hi Oberon,

I've been looking again at the latest version of KODI running on the DVBlink supplied Raspberry Pi (Updated to OpenElec 6) and see that I too cannot delete a series that has been set to record in the KODI interface. I understand that I as a 'techie' might tolerate a workaround via the web interface, but others in the home certainly won't. Can you advise, is this a known problem and Is there a fix for it that allows deletion of series recordings from within the Kodi interface?

With my Windows MCE becoming unreliable, I'm looking for an alternative, KODI, is almost there, but not quite.

Thanks

Solo

Are you using a default Kodi skin? Have you ever got a dialog on deleting a timer with a question to delete single timer/series?
Oberon

Postby solomalee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Oberon wrote:Are you using a default Kodi skin? Have you ever got a dialog on deleting a timer with a question to delete single timer/series?

- Kodi Standard Skin
- I've setup a series to record (Single channel, program appears every day)
- When I go into the scheduled recordings I see multiple single scheduled items for each episode of the series
- I want to stop future episodes from recording (because I don't want to record it anymore) and the only option I see is to delete each future episode one by one.
- It's annoying to have to delete each episode individually, but nevertheless, when I try to delete en episode, I get an error telling me I can't do that (I'll need to confirm the error later when I can get onto the TV).

The only workaround is to access DVBlink via browser and delete the scheduled recording there (This works fine)

I hope that clarifies for you Oberon.

Thanks Solo

solomalee

Postby Oberon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:11 pm

What is the Kodi version and Kodi PVR addon version?
Oberon

Postby solomalee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:17 pm

Oberon wrote:What is the Kodi version and Kodi PVR addon version?

OpenElec 6 and whatever comes as standard from that (I think the DVBlink client PVR addon was from the standard repository (does that sound right?).

As I know precious little about OpenELEC and Raspberry Pi, I did almost nothing than the update to Open Elec 6 and the TV setup from the Kodi front end.

Again I'll need to check when I can get onto the TV.

solomalee

Postby solomalee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi Oberon,

Once I was blind, now I can see...

I was looking in the timers dialog to delete the scheduled recording and choosing the enable/disable radio button - this doesn't work - "An Unexpected error occurred. Try again later or check the log for more information". (This is the obvious place that one would look to manage scheduled recordings - at least coming from the MCE world).

I now see the "Delete Timer" button that is only visible via the guide details for the show that has been set to record. I can confirm that this does work :? Not the greatest usability in the world, but I know that's not your problem - that's one for the Kodi devs.

The versions I'm using by the way are as follows: OpenElec 6.0.0, KODI 15.2 and DVBlink PVR addon 1.10.9

Looking forward to the ATV version of DVBlink and hoping it's worth the wait 8)

Thanks anyway

Solo

solomalee

Postby leeber » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:56 am

Is there a way to specify single channel/all channels in the series record settings?
leeber

Postby Oberon » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:19 am

The series recordings are always on a single channel. For multiple channels you may do a search and set the query to be a pattern schedule. That will work for multiple channels.
Oberon

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon