TV Series Recording?

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Re: TV Series Recording?

Postby Videonisse » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:38 pm

marcelveldt wrote:+1 for the additional recordings settings.

I'm a skinner for Kodi myself and almost every PVR addon has these options except for DVBLink.
It's hard to sell to the family to create a recording on the TV and then go to some webinterface they're not familiar with to set the recording preferences.

Please consider this request!

Thank you

Just of curiosity, has Kody already standard tags/features for this type of recording functionality that can be used for skins?
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Postby yamcenutzer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Kodi doesn't even know that tv-shows potentially have/need an episode name to be useful.
The attempt to add that feature is being considered highly disturbing and is being tolerated/delayed since at least May 2014. Currently rotting away as pull request #6333. It is interesting to read the responses to the original pull request (it's almost as if 'wtf is a sub-title, and why would someone need that?').

'Series' as a term is also considered 'disturbing', they prefer 'timers'. A timer is only a (small) part of a tv series recording as is known to any decent PVR, but not to Kodi.
It requires understanding what a series is, and which of potentially multiple airings to record in favor of others.
Not to mention the capability to schedule resources (tuners) efficiently, if it detects multiple airings.
Of course this part has been out sourced, so the backend has to do it, but kodi could at least take care of the presentation.
DVBLink TVSource 6, 4x DigitalDevices S2 Tuners, Win7x64, Dq77MK, e3-1225, 8GB, WMC local, WMC-remote, testing KODI usabilty for TV since 2012 - still failing...
yamcenutzer

Postby RTK » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:51 am

@yamcenutzer, Whatever complaints you have with Kodi you are certainly entitled to have your own opinions but is it really necessary to vent your personal frustrations with Kodi in this thread? The request being made is regarding the DVBlink PVR add-on specific to functionality that already exists in the web app but is missing in the PVR add-on. The only party who is capable of adding the feature to the add-on is DVBlink, not Kodi. As shown in the screen captures above, Kodi is capable of displaying the series recording options if they are made available in the add-on which is why a request to Oberon has been made.

Whatever side related issues you have with Kodi, as legitimate as they may be, I would respectfully request you start your own thread or complain about Kodi elsewhere.
RTK

Postby yamcenutzer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:22 pm

The internet is only about opinions rather than facts. That being said,
I prefer (as in vote for, request..) Dvblogic prioritizing the server part and fixing issues there (e.g. handle leak, eit updates) rather than trying to force a feature on a client that isn't prepared for it (advanced PVR, Kodi)
DVBLink TVSource 6, 4x DigitalDevices S2 Tuners, Win7x64, Dq77MK, e3-1225, 8GB, WMC local, WMC-remote, testing KODI usabilty for TV since 2012 - still failing...
yamcenutzer

Postby Videonisse » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:01 pm

I prefer that DVBLogic prioritize to support a well working PVR client that can replace Windows Media Center. This seems to just be another thread indicating Kodi isn't ready for the task. With no other PVR clients supported and WMC not being further developed, we seems to have an issue... :(
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Postby RTK » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Videonisse wrote:I prefer that DVBLogic prioritize to support a well working PVR client that can replace Windows Media Center. This seems to just be another thread indicating Kodi isn't ready for the task. With no other PVR clients supported and WMC not being further developed, we seems to have an issue... :(

Hi Videonisse, You do understand the missing series recording dialogue boxes being discussed are not a limitation of Kodi correct? Kodi has the ability to show extended series recording options which are available in other server backends as shown in the above screen capture dialogue box circled in red. Kodi isn't perfect but if the DVBlink PVR add-on were updated these extended series recording options which are available in the DVBlink web app (and in WMC) would be available in Kodi.
RTK

Postby clarkss47 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:00 pm

yamcenutzer wrote:The internet is only about opinions rather than facts. That being said,
I prefer (as in vote for, request..) Dvblogic prioritizing the server part and fixing issues there (e.g. handle leak, eit updates) rather than trying to force a feature on a client that isn't prepared for it (advanced PVR, Kodi)

What are you using for a client, if not Kodi?
Tuner: HDHomeRun HDTC-2US
Tuner: HDHomeRun HDHR3-US
Server: Synology DS211j running DSM 5.1 DVBLink TVSource 5.1.0, EPG PercData 5.1
Server: MK808B+ running tvheadend server, EPG Schedules Direct
Clients:Tronsmart R68 Meta, Nexus Player, Minix X8-H Plus
clarkss47

Postby yamcenutzer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:33 pm

WMC, obviously
And no, Kodi or any other PVR client doesn't (yet) come close.
Mind you, I've looking at xbmc since before Frodo, where they decided to 'outsource' the backend.

And I'm not talking about staibility, that is another point. Kodi is full of features that 'mostly' work...

Of course I understand that the server part NEEDS a client that actually makes use of it, so providing/supporting a client is required, but priorities....
yamcenutzer

Postby clarkss47 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:58 pm

yamcenutzer wrote:WMC, obviously
And no, Kodi or any other PVR client doesn't (yet) come close.
Mind you, I've looking at xbmc since before Frodo, where they decided to 'outsource' the backend.

And I'm not talking about staibility, that is another point. Kodi is full of features that 'mostly' work...

Of course I understand that the server part NEEDS a client that actually makes use of it, so providing/supporting a client is required, but priorities....

I understand that you are using WMC, but what device is connected to your TV?
Server: Synology DS211j running DSM 5.1 DVBLink TVSource 5.1.0, EPG PercData 5.1
clarkss47

Postby yamcenutzer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:05 pm

I can't resist: A WMC capable PC
yamcenutzer

Postby clarkss47 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:24 pm

yamcenutzer wrote:I can't resist: A WMC capable PC

Ok, thanks for the information.
clarkss47

Postby parr » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:51 am

+1 - it would be really useful for it to have the extra options in there.
parr

Postby Charles R » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:36 am

I too would appreciate the ability to access "advanced" recording options within Kodi. At this point I'm waiting for such before I give it another attempt.
Charles R

Postby tofi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:44 pm

+1 for "advanced recording options" in kodi: record new/reruns, all channels/specific channel, all times/specific time, custom pre/post-recording time per recording.

i've been using mce/dvblink for 6 years now, but i'm sick of *.wtv and it also sickens me that there's no way for mce to address the recording service of dvblink.
Please give it a shot, the ServerWMC-Addon has this kind of feature, maybe you can "review" their code ;)
tofi

Postby Oberon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:43 am

Just want to let you know we have put it on our todo and will have a look at that.
Oberon

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon