TV Series Recording?

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Re: TV Series Recording?

Postby marcelveldt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:53 pm

oliroe wrote:Can anyone confirm whether this is actually working for them because it doesn't for me?

You have to be using a skin that supports it OR make the suggested modifications yourself.
What skin are you using in XBMC ?
marcelveldt

Postby marcelveldt » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:52 am

Oberon,
Could you please let me know if there are any plans to extend the series recording dialog ?
With other PVR add-ons like ServerWMC or MediaPortal the series-recording dialog let's you choose advanced settings like "record only at this time", "record at any time", "record at any channel" etc. etc.

For now the basic that has now been implemented is a great help but I can imagine that users seek the other options too.

Thanks for your answer in advance!
marcelveldt

Postby Oberon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:21 am

marcelveldt wrote:Oberon,
Could you please let me know if there are any plans to extend the series recording dialog ?
With other PVR add-ons like ServerWMC or MediaPortal the series-recording dialog let's you choose advanced settings like "record only at this time", "record at any time", "record at any channel" etc. etc.

For now the basic that has now been implemented is a great help but I can imagine that users seek the other options too.

Thanks for your answer in advance!

For the time being we are not planning to extend the series dialog. The options that you ask for can be changed afterwards using the web interface.
Oberon

Postby Ben » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Oberon wrote:For the time being we are not planning to extend the series dialog. The options that you ask for can be changed afterwards using the web interface.

Hi Oberon,

could you please point me to where in the web-frontend for v5 I can set the option that only the latest recording should be kept, or recording should only be kept for 1 day. (e.g. for news)

Thanks in advance!
Ben
  • Server: DS412+, HDHomerun HDHR3-EU, DVBLink Server 6.0.0 +TVSource 6.0.0
  • Frontend: Nvidia Shield TV, DVBLink PVR Addon
Ben

Postby Oberon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:24 pm

TV and Media Library -> Recordings -> Schedules. Each schedule has these options to change.
Oberon

Postby burkilos » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:23 am

Oberon wrote:Please copy the contents of the attached archive into C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.dvblink\resources\ and restart XBMC.

Then it should work also with a number of other skins - ace, aeon, amber.

I've extracted the skins zip provided in the correct location. According to my debug log (xbmc.log), the plugin does not look for RecordPrefs.xml in the skin folder of pvr.dvblink\resources\skins\skin.aeonmq5 when I choose to record a show but instead it loads the RecordPrefs.xml from the actual real addons\skin.aeonmq5 folder. The only way I can get this to work with skin.aeonmq5 is if I copy your files directly to the real skin.aeonmq5 folder (not in pvr.dvblink). The debug log does say that the files are loaded from the plugin\resources\skins folder when Confluence is used, just not when any other skin is used I guess.

The other problem is that your xml for aeonmq5 does not display correctly - I've attached the official aeonmq5 DeleteTimer.xml and RecordPrefs.xml files modified to work with pvr.dvblink instead of pvr.wmc. These need to be extracted to overwrite the files in C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p. When and if the DVBLink plugin is fixed to support other skins, it could be included in the plugin's skin folder instead.

Finally, it appears that deleting series does not work. I can record a single episode and delete it with no problems (although I never get a dialog when I do delete). If I record series and then try to delete it, it does not delete (must delete series from the web interface). According to my debug log, DeleteTimer.xml is never used at all, for Confluence or Aeon MQ5. Does deleting series work on your end on Gotham 13.2?

UPDATE:
New Upload - Fixed dialog heading for RecordPrefs
Attachments
xbmc-dvblink-aeonmq5.zip
Aeon MQ5 skin files for TV Series
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Last edited by burkilos on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
burkilos

Postby Rlg6767 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 am

hi burkilos. I have just tried your modified xml files under Aeon Mq5 and notice that whilst it does now work, when I go to add a timer the series record popup dialog is titled "delete recording" when in fact you are scheduling.
Rlg6767

Postby burkilos » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 am

Rlg6767 wrote:hi burkilos. I have just tried your modified xml files under Aeon Mq5 and notice that whilst it does now work, when I go to add a timer the series record popup dialog is titled "delete recording" when in fact you are scheduling.

Thank you, fixed the upload in previous post with correct dialog heading.
burkilos

Postby Ben » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Oberon wrote:TV and Media Library -> Recordings -> Schedules. Each schedule has these options to change.

Thanks Oberon! I was searching for the option when programming a recording.
  • Server: DS412+, HDHomerun HDHR3-EU, DVBLink Server 6.0.0 +TVSource 6.0.0
  • Frontend: Nvidia Shield TV, DVBLink PVR Addon
Ben

Postby oliroe » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Thought I'd let you know now I'm using DVBLink again I've managed to get series recording working within Kodi using the Aeon MQ5 skin. Thanks to the instructions in this thread.

Would be nice if all the recording options would appear in Kodi such as which channel etc. but you can't have everything.
oliroe

Postby RTK » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:36 am

Hi Oberon,
Would you reconsider updating DVBlink Kodi add-on so that it supports recording series options available only in web app but not within Kodi? It is very commonly needed to select these options when setting up a series recording in the Kodi PVR client (or any PVR), which currently are unavailable using DVBlink as backend. Kodi PVR client is definitely capable of these options which are available in other backends. At the risk of stating the obvious, the beauty of DVBlink is that it can run on NAS in background without a server PC. Requiring a PC or even a tablet to login and modify or setup series recordings makes no sense.
Thank you.
Attachments
dvblink.jpg
dvblink.jpg (95.78 KiB) Viewed 15706 times
Last edited by RTK on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
RTK

Postby clarkss47 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:01 am

Oberon, I would love to see this addition to your already excellent software. This Kodi improvement would make DVBLink absolutely perfect.

Thanks
Tuner: HDHomeRun HDTC-2US
Tuner: HDHomeRun HDHR3-US
Server: Synology DS211j running DSM 5.1 DVBLink TVSource 5.1.0, EPG PercData 5.1
Server: MK808B+ running tvheadend server, EPG Schedules Direct
Clients:Tronsmart R68 Meta, Nexus Player, Minix X8-H Plus
clarkss47

Postby Videonisse » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:28 pm

+1
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Postby RTK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:55 am

Hi Oberon,
I'm not sure if I explained the issue well enough but here is an example showing the missing recording options in DVBlink Kodi PVR add-on. The series recording options menu circled in red are accessible via DVBlink web app as shown in image from prior post however they are missing from the DVBlink Kodi PVR add-on as shown in the first screen capture below. These are important recording options and given the traffic this topic has seen on the forum I'm sure it would benefit a lot of DVBlink users. Would you please be willing to add these missing series options to your Kodi PVR add-on so that using a computer to access the web app isn't a requirement?
Thank you
RTK

Postby marcelveldt » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:34 pm

+1 for the additional recordings settings.

I'm a skinner for Kodi myself and almost every PVR addon has these options except for DVBLink.
It's hard to sell to the family to create a recording on the TV and then go to some webinterface they're not familiar with to set the recording preferences.

Please consider this request!

Thank you
marcelveldt

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon