Analog TV and Connect Server - Only can Record and Playback

Discuss DVBLink AnalogTV here!

Analog TV and Connect Server - Only can Record and Playback

Postby k9master » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:51 am

Hi,

After a lot of waiting and configuring, I've finally got the DVBlink suite (AnalogTV and Connect!Server) to work.

After the setup, I can only perform the following:

1. Schedule a recording and have it recorded
2. Browse to the website using Google Chrome and play the recording (this doesn't work in IE10)
3. Browse to DLNA server using the TV (Samsung) and watch the channels

Things that are not working:

1. When I browse to 'Channels and Guide' (using Google chrome or IE10) it lists the channel (I only have one configured to test) but when I play, only a blank pop-up is displayed. Nothing happens.

2. When I browse DLNA server using Windows Media Player, select channel and play I get the error message "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file"

My DVBlink server is running on Win * and all my clients are Win 8 as well.

Please help.

Cheers,

K9M

k9master

Re: Analog TV and Connect Server - Only can Record and Playb

Postby k9master » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:21 am

An update:

I watching via DVBlink app for Win 8 and here's the result:

1. Once the App is installed, at initial run, I have given the IP of the server and it detects the services

2. After connecting to the service I'm prompted to enter additional setting such as stream resolution channel logos etc. which I've specified as well

3. When I click on the channel, the viewing screen comes on, says connecting (with the animation) but gives an error (Server Didn't answer our request)

I'm puzzled as to why any of the usual clients are not working while the SAMSUNG TV plays the stream without any issue.

Please help.

Cheers,

K9M
k9master

Postby Oberon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Win8 DVBLink app is not an official app and you would need to get support from its author in the correspondent forum topic.

When I browse to 'Channels and Guide' (using Google chrome or IE10) it lists the channel (I only have one configured to test) but when I play, only a blank pop-up is displayed. Nothing happens

This is fixed in the fixpack that we have pushed out today. There was an error in setting exception rule for firewall on the server. Alternatively you may disable transcoding in the settings dialog on TV and Media Library web page.

When I browse DLNA server using Windows Media Player, select channel and play I get the error message "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file"

Win8 does not have decoders installed by default to decode a/v streams in the incoming transport stream. You would need a MediaCenter pack to do that. It might be easier to install XBMC.
Oberon

Postby k9master » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:24 am

Hi Oberon,

Thanks for the reply. Didn't know that the App was not official.

This is fixed in the fixpack that we have pushed out today. There was an error in setting exception rule for firewall on the server. Alternatively you may disable transcoding in the settings dialog on TV and Media Library web page.

Updated the connect server and Analog TV but the blank pop-up screen issue is still the same. Tried with both transcoding enabled and disabled.

Win8 does not have decoders installed by default to decode a/v streams in the incoming transport stream. You would need a MediaCenter pack to do that. It might be easier to install XBMC

Purchased WMC pack, installed the DVBlink network client and got the configuration completed. WMC picks the channel, but when I click on 'Live TV' after a bit of wait time it shows an error 'Tuner Conflict - All TV tuners are currently in use. To change the channel, select the program or recording that you want to stop.'

Tried restarting the server a few times, kept all PCs and TV devices off and there's no possible reason for tuner to be in use. I'll try with XMBC later today.

Are there any codecs I can install to get it working on WMP?

Please help.

Cheers,

K9M
k9master

Postby k9master » Sun May 05, 2013 9:10 am

Purchased WMC pack, installed the DVBlink network client and got the configuration completed. WMC picks the channel, but when I click on 'Live TV' after a bit of wait time it shows an error 'Tuner Conflict - All TV tuners are currently in use. To change the channel, select the program or recording that you want to stop.'

Tried restarting the server a few times, kept all PCs and TV devices off and there's no possible reason for tuner to be in use.

Can someone please help me with this. At a point of almost giving up the setup.
k9master

Return to DVBLink AnalogTV