Analog alongside Digital?

Discuss DVBLink AnalogTV here!

Analog alongside Digital?

Postby LucB » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question.

Yesterday I upgraded my DVBLink TVsource (with server and connect server) to version 4.5; currently it's using two 'universal' USB-tuners "Analog/DVBT/DVBC", of which only the DVBC part is used.

I'm now also interested to try the AnalogTV product, but first, in order not to mess up the above setup, I would like to ask which is the best way to do this:

- Can I install the AnalogTV product alongside the Digital one on this PC, using same two tuners?
- Or must I add a third tuner first, just for the 'Analog' part (or remove one from the digital setup for this purpose)?
- Or is it necessary to run the Analog server on another PC?

Thanks for advising me!
LucB

Re: Analog alongside Digital?

Postby tuniberger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi Luc,

i Have 2 DVB-S Tuners and a Analog Tuner on the same Server working.
but i don´t know if our DVC-C / Analog Tuner needs the same Tuning hardware.
My DVB-S / Analog card has separated inputs for DVD / analog
tuniberger

Postby scb05 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Supposed to be fine...
I had a hybrid card under a prior DVBLink version no problem.

Just installed a new MCE and new dual HVR-5500 cards and DVBLink 4.5 with IPT and Analog packages (trial) and am running into sporadic problems.
Tuner setup to wiki was fine and initial review ok - many duplicated channels (eventhough I merged) and the channel numbering doesnt work.
Now the analog channels go snowy - like they lost their tune.

In the middle of troubleshooting...

Grrr....
scb05

Postby scb05 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:26 am

Still cant figure it out... but stumbled on this thread viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18895#p59614

topic is locked but looks like you may not be able to use Analog + Digital... hmmm... here's the quote from Oberon.

"DVBLink AnalogTV is a standalone product and requires its own tuner. It assumes the full control over the tuner and does not share it with anyone else, including tvsource. However you can still use TVSource along the AnalogTV tuners if that was the question."

I dont understand what the last sentence means....

OBERON! Any clarifications?
scb05

Postby scb05 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:37 am

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18895#p59614
"DVBLink AnalogTV is a standalone product and requires its own tuner. It assumes the full control over the tuner and does not share it with anyone else, including tvsource. However you can still use TVSource along the AnalogTV tuners if that was the question."

What do you mean with the last sentence starting with "However" ?

I have 2x HVR-5500 and need DVB-C & Analog. The cards have the tuners but I cant get 4.5 to work with both TVSources and Analog installed/configured, so I guess that is because as you state above.

However, how can I tune analog with TVSources?
I see the comment from http://www.dvblogic.com/Product/13 that analog tuners are not supported....

Confused
scb05

Postby scb05 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:08 am

another thread... bad news it looks like...
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18488&p=58430&hilit=hvr+5500#p58430
scb05

Postby Oberon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:50 am

It all depends on how independent analog and digital hardware is on each particular tuner. You can use the same tuner both under AnalogTV and TVSource if they are independent - e.g. do not influence each other during normal operations.
The easiest way to check it - just try.
Oberon

Return to DVBLink AnalogTV