LineUp - A Channel Line-Up Utility

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

LineUp - Diseqc / MultiSat Setup

Postby hopalong_ie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi.

Great App and have it up and running for a single sat tuner for sky but I am planning on adding a Hotbird Feed also, does LineUP support / work in a MultiSat diseqc configuration.

Thanks
hopalong_ie

Re: LineUp - A Channel Line-Up Utility

Postby PRBUK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:59 pm

I have not tested that, but it should do. Perhaps you could share your experience!
PRBUK

Postby hopalong_ie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi.

I have two Tuners:

1. FreeSat_00 (TBS 6981, 28E direct feed)
2. MultiSat_00(Terratec S7, 13E, 28E, Diseqc 1.0)

When I edit the LCF file to use the FreeSat_00 tuner there is no issue, I can run both the Run_Process_ARC_LCF_Replace and Run_SyncToTVSource_Local_LCF_Replace scripts without issue, when the LCF is modifed to target the MultiSat_00 tuner it fails when running Run_SyncToTVSource_Local_LCF_Replace with the below error:

Loading the 1 In Scope Tuner Sources
Loading MultiSat_00
Loading the DVBLink Tuner Source File : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic
\DVBLink\sources\MultiSat_00\TVSourceSettings.xml
Cannot set "HeadendID" because only strings can be used as values to set
XmlNode properties.
At C:\Program Files (x86)\LineUp\Software\SyncToTVSource.ps1:430 char:9
+ $Control_Source.HeadendID =
Invoke-Expression("$Current_Source.TVSourceS ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], SetValueException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : XmlNodeSetShouldBeAString

Cannot set "ChannelSourceID" because only strings can be used as values to set
XmlNode properties.
At C:\Program Files (x86)\LineUp\Software\SyncToTVSource.ps1:431 char:9
+ $Control_Source.ChannelSourceID =
Invoke-Expression("$Current_Source.TVS ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], SetValueException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : XmlNodeSetShouldBeAString

MultiSat_00 loaded as Source #1 and contains 2823 Channels
hopalong_ie

Postby PRBUK » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:37 am

Makes sense - I guess there are multiple Headend IDs for the Multisat tuner. I do not have a Multisat system to develop/test against. I will take a look when I get a moment, but it will not be for a few weeks. If you are willing to help, please PM me a contact email address so that we can exchange files in due course.
PRBUK

Postby Percy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:40 pm

I might be doing something wrong, I haven't gone live just yet.

I have managed to update my LCF, the problem is I couldn't see a region for northwest, they all have bbc 1 london as 101.

Is there a northwest ARC or am I being silly pretending we exist up here?

I can just change it I know, but wondering before I do if there is a better way.
HTPC: AMD A8-7600 APU (3.1Ghz Quad+AMD R7 250), 8GB G Skill Trident 2133mhz, Black Gold BGT3600 + BGT3620 Tuner cards (DVB-T2 x 4 + DVB-S2 x 2), 2TB Seagate 5900rpm drive, Sandisk readycache 32gb SSD, Antec Micro Fusion Case.
Percy

Postby PRBUK » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:15 am

If the correct line up appears on your TV or STB, the Bouquets are there somewhere. Use the List_ARC Utility (manual section 9.1) to identify the bouquet(s) you require. It may take a bit of study! Looking through the ARC file with XML notepad can make the search a little easier!
PRBUK

Postby Percy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:18 am

Well none of them have BBC1 NW as 101 so I am stuck with a manual edit there. I have never connected a STB or TV so can't say for sure, how does epg collector find them? do i need to point it in a certain direction as such?

I also see ITV HD isn't present in them all, how does it work if I add 3 bouquets as an example all 3 of them have most of the same channels, ie, 1 has BBC1 NI, 2 has BBC1 Wales and 3 has BBC1 Scotland all on 101, which one would I end up with on the LCF file?
HTPC: AMD A8-7600 APU (3.1Ghz Quad+AMD R7 250), 8GB G Skill Trident 2133mhz, Black Gold BGT3600 + BGT3620 Tuner cards (DVB-T2 x 4 + DVB-S2 x 2), 2TB Seagate 5900rpm drive, Sandisk readycache 32gb SSD, Antec Micro Fusion Case.
Percy

Postby PRBUK » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:41 am

Take a look in the user guide. This scenario is covered there (block lists).

I am away from my system at present. Will see if I can provide some pointers later. What ITV region are you in? Are you looking at the Freesat or Sky ARC?
PRBUK

Postby Percy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:24 am

I am in the Granada region, I am looking at the freesat arc, the one in the package and my export look more or less the same using arc list.

Thanks for your help.
Percy

Postby PRBUK » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Percy wrote:I couldn't see a region for northwest, they all have bbc 1 london as 101.

Is there a northwest ARC

The ARC files come from the Broadcast data. The Freesat ARC lacks the granularity seen in the SKY version, so it is necessary to do a bit of detective work and then use the LineUp capabilities to provide a work around. I can suggest a couple of approaches.

A) You could process your chosen Bouquet into the LCF and then set the 'exclude' flag on channel 101 BBC London. Next set the 'assigned_number' for your chosen BBC 1 channel to 101 (looks like channel 955 'BBC 1 N West'). You can move other channels around (and rename them) as required.

B) An alternate approach is to 'block list' channel 101 and use a PreEdit to move 955 to 101 - this will therefore be performed as the ARC is processed.

With respect to the several channels which look identical (103 ITV), the last one processed in the ARC will be the one which prevails. If you need one of the others, you will need to set the channel in the LCF as a 'manual' channel and edit the values of nid/tid/sid to the version you want to use. Unfortunately Manual channels are not updated thereafter.

There has to be some additional data somewhere which helps map the post code to the Bouquets as part of a setup process, but I do not know where this comes from or how it works. Does anyone have any insight?
PRBUK

Postby Percy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Yeah it does all look a bit odd as you say there is no straight answer when it seems there should be.

As said the ITVs is another problem.

Thanks for checking, it looks like it just needs a little more work on my part and potential manual changes in the future if there is changes to one of the manual channels.

On the upside it will make my life much easier for the majority of channels and keeps track of changes so thank you for a great program.

As said it would be interesting to know how a freesat box would have took my postcode and done what was needed.
Percy

Postby daisyb » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:00 am

Does anyone know how to make LineUP work with Digiguide?

Everything runs correctly and no errors are flagged in any of the report text files but the EPG in TVSource is always set to Default and doesn’t find any of the channels from the Digiguide EPG output.

I’ve only just started using LineUp so happy to proven wrong but I think the script may need a fourth EPG type for Digiguide as it’s not the same format as normal XMLTV files (Type 1 and 2) nor is it the same as the dvblogiccpplugin (Type 3).

Any ideas?
daisyb

Postby PRBUK » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:40 am

If the file formats are different, then a Digiguide handler (New EPG Type) will need to be written. I do not use Digiguide, so have no access to the file formats. Type 1 and Type 2 are based on the EPG format created by EPG Collector, whereas Type 3 is based on the TVSource plugin format I see on my system. (Remember that LineUp was developed through analysis of the file formats I have access to - there is no official documentation available that I know of!)

If LineUp cannot find a channel in the EPG, it sets the EPG as specified in EPG_NoMatch_Action (Default or None).

LineUp was written for my own use and is developed as and when I have spare time. I am happy to look at developing a Digiguide EPG type (no promises!). If you can post a Digiguide EPG file somewhere and PM me the link, I will add it to the 'to look at list'. This will be a 'Winter Project' to set expectations on timelines!!
PRBUK

Postby daisyb » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks for coming back to me.
I suspected it might be a new EPG type but just wondered if anyone else has had any luck getting it to work without troubling you for a big script update.
Be nice if you could take a look at some point although I do appreciate it may not be top of your list of things to do.

I'm currently at work but will try to upload the Digiguide source folder for you to peruse.

Just a quick thank-you as well. I've not been using Lineup long but can see that it’s obviously taken you a significant amount of time and effort, especially to get the documentation together.
daisyb

Postby Percy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:09 pm

I had to back out of trying for no, but I am sure I had line up not try the epg and setup the digiguide epg as per usual.
Percy

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner