LineUp - A Channel Line-Up Utility

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: LineUp - A Channel Line-Up Utility

Postby PRBUK » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:05 am

Have you selected the appropriate HD bouquets in Process_ARC (there are HD variants for the Sky channels)?

If you are looking to prevent the SD channels appearing, then use the Exclude flag in the LCF

If you are looking to change the broadcaster's assigned channel number, then set assigned_number in the LCF for the channels in question.

Thank for the proof reading - I will correct in the next release.
Last edited by PRBUK on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRBUK

Postby wonder_lander » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:06 pm

I think I've got the right HD bouquet selected but how can I be sure? I used the one from the Sample your provide.

If you look at this http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-sky- ... -list.html you can see that Sky 1 HD is on 106 as Sky swap in the HD channel over the SD one.
wonder_lander

Postby PRBUK » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:30 am

wonder_lander wrote:I think I've got the right HD bouquet selected but how can I be sure?

Use the List_ARC Utility (manual section 9.1) to identify the bouquet(s) you require.
PRBUK

Postby PRBUK » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:15 pm

LineUp 1308 is available for download.

Updated for TVSource V4.6 compatibility.
PRBUK

Postby wonder_lander » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Is there an upgrade guide?

Do I need to set up from scratch or only replace some files?
wonder_lander

Postby PRBUK » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:11 am

Instructions are in the release notes within the package.
PRBUK

Postby wonder_lander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:56 pm

PRBUK wrote:Instructions are in the release notes within the package.

Thanks mate, had missed them in there.

As an FYI at the end of the release notes it seems to repeat the How To Upgrade From Previous Versions bit!
wonder_lander

Postby wonder_lander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:44 pm

I'd like to switch BBC 2 (102) with BBC TWO HD (142). How am I best off achieving this so it's easy to maintain?
wonder_lander

Postby PRBUK » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:16 am

wonder_lander wrote:I'd like to switch BBC 2 (102) with BBC TWO HD (142). How am I best off achieving this so it's easy to maintain?

As per the user manual and my earlier post :? , in the LCF, set assigned_number to 142 for the BBC 2 entry and assigned_number to 102 for the BBC TWO HD channel.

wonder_lander wrote:As an FYI at the end of the release notes it seems to repeat the How To Upgrade From Previous Versions bit!

Intentional. Most people like to see the history of the release notes - especially if they have 'skipped' versions. If it is confusing, I can remove in future versions...
PRBUK

Postby wonder_lander » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:30 am

PRBUK wrote:
wonder_lander wrote:I'd like to switch BBC 2 (102) with BBC TWO HD (142). How am I best off achieving this so it's easy to maintain?

As per the user manual and my earlier post :? , in the LCF, set assigned_number to 142 for the BBC 2 entry and assigned_number to 102 for the BBC TWO HD channel.

I understand that from the manual but will it therefore need to be done everyday when EPG Collector creates a new ARC and updates the LCF?
wonder_lander

Postby PRBUK » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:28 pm

wonder_lander wrote:
PRBUK wrote:

I understand that from the manual but will it therefore need to be done everyday when EPG Collector creates a new ARC and updates the LCF?

No, you need do it once only.

The ARC is matched to the LCF on channel number and channel name. If the 'assigned' values are set, they are used in your line up, hence once set will always be used. Transponders change regularly, hence you need to run LineUp on a regular basis. I process a new ARC 4 times per day (and Sync once a week).
PRBUK

Postby wonder_lander » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Bloody brilliant :D Great utility, thanks for making it available for the community!
wonder_lander

Postby wonder_lander » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Everything is working brilliantly so I'd like to move to scheduling it to do the update.

I've looked in the manual but I'm not clear on what I need to do.

I want to put a scheduled task to run at 3am everyday to pick up the latest ARC file, process it to the LCF and then Update it into TVSource.
Can you talk an idiot through it?
wonder_lander

Postby mini__me » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:10 am

Personally I wouldn't automatically update it. As if it's a new freq for the channel that's not tuned in tvsource you will then loose that channel.

You could auto run it in report mode and then mail the results to yourself?

On this note, I completely understand why this was written the way it has been, to ensure you only get channels available on your tuners. However most of us can pretty much guarantee that if the service does change to an as yet untuned frequency that it will be available once we run a channel scan. Therefore it would be 'nice' to have an option that would update the whole lot regardless and include new frequencys for channels to save the manual intervention required.

Still without the above, this is my most valuable and treasured media center tool, so thank you once again for writing this :)
mini__me

Postby PRBUK » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 am

wonder_lander wrote:I've looked in the manual but I'm not clear on what I need to do.

I want to put a scheduled task to run at 3am everyday to pick up the latest ARC file, process it to the LCF and then Update it into TVSource.

This is covered in sections 11.5 and 11.6 of the user guide. Let me know what is not clear and I will try to improve the manual!

All you need to do is create a create a task and add multiple actions to run the various CMD files and set the 'Background_Mode' flags in the LCF.

The actions in my daily task(runs every 6 hours) are:
  • Run EPG Collector to create the latest XMLTV and ARC Files
  • Run Process_ARC in New File Mode
  • Run SyncToTVSource in Report Mode (using the New LCF from the Process_ARC)
  • Email the Log File

By running in New File Mode I can see the cumulative changes in the ARC since the last update and I can see where SyncToTVSource needs a transponder scan (this will prevent channels being temporarily deleted from the line up where there has been a change of 'physicals' and the new channel has not yet been scanned). If there are new channels I want to prevent being loaded into the line up, I can run Process_ARC manually in replace mode and set the Exclude flag.

Once a week, in the 'update' task:
  • Run EPG Collector
  • Run Process_ARC in Replace mode
  • Stop the DVBLink Server
  • Run SyncToTVSource in Replace mode
  • Trigger a system reboot (alternatively you could simply restart the DVBLink Server)

If there is a change mid week that cannot wait for the weekly update, I simply trigger the weekly job in Task Scheduler!

mini__me wrote:Personally I wouldn't automatically update it. As if it's a new freq for the channel that's not tuned in tvsource you will then loose that channel.

True - But if you leave the old channel present you will get the dreaded 'Play Ready' if the old location is no longer transmitted! LineUp will remove the channel from the TVSource Line Up, but it is still present in the LCF. The first time you run SyncToTVSource after performing a transponder scan on at least one tuner, the channel will be added back with the correct channel number and name.

wonder_lander wrote:Therefore it would be 'nice' to have an option that would update the whole lot regardless and include new frequencys for channels to save the manual intervention required

If only it were that easy! The ARC specifies the 'physicals' of the channel (nid/tid/sid). There is a lot of other data required to add a channel to a tuner (take a look at a channel entry in TVSourceSettings.xml !).

TVSource needs a feature added to allow us to automate transponder scans - either via the command line, or automatically. I added this second option as a feature request back in February, but to date there has only been one +1 !! If the LineUp users would all vote for this feature, that would make us all very happy! Please vote here!!
http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=24932
PRBUK

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner