LineUp - A Channel Line-Up Utility

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: LineUp - A Channel Line-Up Utility

Postby PRBUK » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:54 pm

The 'full uk' ini file probably contains all of the transponders in the UK. I would guess your aerial is picking up signals from multiple transmitters, hence you are scanning the same channel from multiple transmitters and different frequencies (hence the duplicates). You will need to create a transponder file for your area so that you scan only one 'set' of related frequencies for your location! Oberon has posted a link to his wiki on how to do this in the transponders thread.

What do you put in it? Take a look at this site http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry to find your transmitter. My favourite site is http://www.ukfree.tv, run by a real enthusiast! For DVBT you will only need 6 or 7 transponders in your ini file
PRBUK

Postby MCE_DVB » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi,

Thank you for this and I agree this is the issue - I shall study the details and let you know how I do.

Thanks again.
MCE_DVB

Postby MCE_DVB » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi PRBUK
Found time to come back to this and wanted to ask your advice if I may (or others experience also)

I, like most I image, will likely have a good line up to begin with and as such it does make good sense to start with this and take a copy of this with lineUp. As such could I confirm my thinking that I could do the below:

1. Start with a blank (template) LCF and update it appropriately to take copy of current line up.
2. Then open populated LCF and do a find and replace for “<exclude>0</exclude>” with something random like “replace_this_back_later”
3. Now run Proces_ARC to update LCF. LCF will now have all channels etc also. (obvious other set up steps assumed and required already completed)
4. Now return to LCF and replace all “<exclude>0</exclude>” with “<exclude>1</exclude>” so all are excluded.
5. Now in same LCF replace all “replace_this_back_later” with “<exclude>0</exclude>”

Am I correct in thinking this would result in me having a quick easy way to have an LCF that has my current line up as I want it, with the ability to then use line up as intended to keep it up to date.

I think the above means I would not have to (making things far quicker):

• Manually edit all channel numbers
• Manually edit all channel names
• Choose what is included and not included manually on the LCF individually

I will experiment shortly but if my thinking is correct this could be a good way to get up and running quickly with an existing set up?
MCE_DVB

Postby PRBUK » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:13 pm

If you have a TVSource system with your desired channel numbers and names edited already, use <MergeManualAdd> (see manual)

As illustration, create a new LCF and run Process_ARC. Run SyncToTVSource with <MergeManualAdd>=1. This will merge your TVSource channels with the LCF and where channels match, <assigned_number> and <assigned_name> will be set based on the values in TVSource - hence you will achieve your objectives.

Any channel that is in TVSource but NOT in the LCF will be added to the LCF with <manual>=1

Any channel in the LCF but not in TVSource will be added to TVSource and listed during 'phase 2' processing. You will need to edit the LCF to set <exclude>=1 if you want them removed from TVSource (they will all have <logical_freq> higher than the "highest logical frequency" reported at the top of the log)

As a general comment, I would recommend that you do not set "invalid values" for a parameter - this may result in program failure or unpredictable/undesirable results or even corruption of the LCF or TVSource files!

Hope this helps
PRBUK

Postby PRBUK » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:43 pm

LineUp Version 1311 has been released. New in this version:
  • Support for MultiSat environments
  • Handling of duplicate channels in a TVSource tuner source - ability to select one of the duplicates

Full details are in the release package (see post #1). See section 6.5.11 of the user manual for details on Duplicate Tuner Processing.

Please PM me if you encounter any problems. I do not have a multi-sat system, so testing is a little challenging! Thanks to hopalong_ie for testing an early version!
PRBUK

Postby wonder_lander » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:42 pm

On the BBC and Sky Sports they often have red button streams.

Is it possible to create an EPG entry for each stream so that you can access them? Stuff like the driver cameras on the F1, alternative football matches on Sky Sports and different Tennis matches for Wimbledon?
wonder_lander

Postby PRBUK » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:03 pm

You can add these channels using LineUp - an EPG entry will be added if one is broadcast. EPGCollector is capturing EPG for most of these channels.

You will need to add the channels as 'manual channels' (as they are not broadcast in the ARC). For example, to add BBC Red Button as channel 691, add a manual channel to the LCF with id=691, nid=2, tid=2045, sid=6390, assigned_number=691, assigned_name=BBC Red Button, exclude=0, manual=1. If you have an EPG Source from EPGCollector, you should find what you are looking for!

For Sky Red Button channels, you will need to use the 'Pre Edits' capability (see earlier on this thread) to extract the Red Button Channels onto their own channels. Once again, you will see EPG where it is provided for these channels.
PRBUK

Postby d33mb33 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:40 pm

What a fantastic piece of work this is. I stumbled across it last weekend when I was looking to do something similar. Now I can just lean on PRBUK's hard work instead! :D

I have one simple last requirement which I'm not sure how to meet with the software. Basically I'd like to default 'excluded' to 1 when new channels are added to the LCF through Process_ARC.

I've checked the script and it looks like it's being hardcoded. Would it be possible to make it part of the configuration?
d33mb33

Postby PRBUK » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 am

d33mb33 wrote:I have one simple last requirement which I'm not sure how to meet with the software. Basically I'd like to default 'excluded' to 1 when new channels are added to the LCF through Process_ARC.

I can add this if there is wider demand, but I am not sure why you would want to do this? The point of LineUp is that it runs regularly in the background and maintains your configuration!

In my system I run EPG Collector and then LineUp in REPORT mode every 6 hours to ensure current EPG data and pick up Broadcaster Changes. From the reports I can see what would be added and hence change the exclude flag before it is applied.

To do this, set up a task in Windows Task Scheduler which runs EPG Collector and then Line Up with 'report' CMD files every 6 hours. Add a second task which runs LineUp weekly with the 'update' CMD files

In the 'report' task, you can run Process_ARC in REPLACE mode and SyncToTVSource in REPORT mode - hence you can see the impact on your config and update the LCF at any stage before the next update run.

In my system I run Process_ARC in NEW mode, followed by SyncToTVSource in REPORT mode - I therefore see the cumulative changes for the week in the ARC on every run. If I need to tweak something, I run Process_ARC in REPLACE mode and make the changes.

Hope this gives you some ideas!
PRBUK

Postby d33mb33 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks for the reply. I only have a relatively small number of channels selected within the LCF. Many new channels are adult / shopping / some other dross. I appreciate it only takes a couple of minutes to go into the LCF to exclude them but I take pride in automating as much laziness as possible :D For my scenario it is simply more likely that I don't want a new channel than I do.

I do however want LineUp to tell me when my existing channels need retuning... which it does brilliantly.
d33mb33

Postby daisyb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi

Did you ever get a chance to investigate Digiguide integration?
Would be really good to have it.

Thanks
daisyb

Postby PRBUK » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:20 pm

I had a quick look at it, but the mechanism to automatically assign EPG data was not obvious. Digiguide did not seem to use the same channel numbers and did not contain the SID as far as I could see (it was a quick look!). If there is no automatic way to determine the correct EPG, you will end up using the manual process in the TV Source interface? Can you describe how this could work without manual intervention?
PRBUK

Postby PRBUK » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:25 pm

Initial testing indicates that the current version of LineUp (1311) is compatible with TVSource V5.0

If you have a V4.x system maintained by LineUp, here is a guide to migrating to V5.0.

• Take a system backup!

Media Centre on the Server
  • Stop Media Centre from auto starting. (Settings -> General -> Startup and Windows settings)
  • Delete the current Channels from Media Centre. (settings -> TV -> Scan for more channels - delete all channels and save)
  • Close Media Centre.

Media Centre Clients
  • Repeat the server process on any Media Centre Clients.
  • Uninstall the DVBLink Network Client.

TVSource Server
  • Copy away any TVSource config you want to keep (Transponder Files, Plugins etc).
  • Uninstall TVSource and Reboot.
  • Check that the DVBLink directory has been removed from 'Program Files' and 'Program Data'.
    - It may be necessary to 'kill' the task "dvblink_mc_launcher.exe" from task manager which prevents directory deletion.
  • It is a good time to Rebuild the Windows Search Index (Control Panel -> Indexing Options -> Advanced -> Rebuild) - you might be surprised how big the index has become!
  • Install DVBLink software and packages.
  • Add back any required network shares to the DVBLink Directories.
  • Restore Custom Transponder Files (now in DVBLink\share\transponders).
  • Create Sources (using the same names or adjust the LCF to match) and Scan for Channels.
  • Create the EPG Sources.
  • Restore Plugin Configurations.

LineUp
  • Run Reset_LCF against the exiting LCF.
  • Run SyncToTVSource in Report mode and check the results.
  • Run SyncToTVSource in Replace mode and check the results (your config should now be correct!).

Media Centre on the Server
  • Start Media Centre and run the TV Setup process (Settings -> TV -> Set Up TV Signal).
  • Synchronize the DVBLink Configuration (Extras -> DVBLink -> Synchronize channels).
  • Check Windows Task Manager (do NOT close windows Media Center) - wait for the CPU utilisation to stop on the ehexthost.exe process (this is loading the EPG).
  • Run the guide listing update (Settings -> TV -> Guide -> Get Latest Guide Listings). This seems to sort out the Media Centre Datbase.
  • Once the Windows indexer has finished its work, your scheduled series recordings should return!

Media Centre on Clients
  • Install/configure the DVBLink Client on Media Centre client devices
  • Repeat the Server Media Centre steps
PRBUK

Postby PRBUK » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:07 pm

LineUp has been updated to Version 1504. Link in the original post #1.

• Option to specify a default value for 'exclude' in the LCF
  • Improved Duplicate Channel handling (requires EPG Collector or similar)
  • User definable Scanned Channels file
  • New Summary Update report file
  • Significant IO performance improvements when creating report files
  • Minor fixes/changes
PRBUK

Postby PRBUK » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Based on initial testing, LineUp 1504 is compatible with TVSource v5.5. Let me know if you identify any issues!
PRBUK

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner