LineUp - A Channel Line-Up Utility

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: LineUp - A Channel Line-Up Utility

Postby MauiJim » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Is it possible to use this tool for german Astra channels on 19.2E?

I tried to generate an ARC File using EPG Collector but theres no area and no region to select, so file is still empty.
MauiJim

Postby PRBUK » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:39 pm

I cannot comment on whether German TV broadcast ARC files which EPG Collector can capture - EPG Collector is from a different developer. Try the usual Internet searches or post into the EPGC community. LineUp version 1311 added Multisat support in response to a request from a user who was running against 19.2E, but I do not know any more than that (there is no telemetry in LineUp so I have no idea how many people have downloaded it, are using it or what for!)

LineUp is driven from its configuration file (LCF) whose structure is documented in the LineUp manual. If there is another source of 'ARC type' information, you could generate your own ARC file or update the LCF directly (the LCF and ARC are XML files).

You can still use LineUp without an ARC (for example to change channel numbers, names etc driven from the LCF) - synchronisation between TVSource and the LCF is bi-directional so you can capture your current channel confog. However the real value of LineUp is where there is an external source of channel data.
PRBUK

Postby PRBUK » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:32 pm

Based on initial testing, LineUp 1504 is compatible with TVSource v6.0. Let me know if you identify any issues!
PRBUK

Postby PRBUK » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Update: The new Channel Logo feature introduced in TVSource 6.0 requires some updates to LineUp.

The relevant TVSource files are not modified by the DVBLogic installation package as part of the V5->V6 upgrade process, hence V5 format files seem to work with V6 OK. The initial analysis/testing referenced in the previous post was as a result of comparing the content and structure of the TVSource files after the upgrade was installed and confirmed working.

LineUp is not associated with, sanctioned or supported by DVBLogic and is 'reverse engineered' - use it at your own risk! However as it is published from the official DVBLogic forum there is hopefully no objection to its existence! Based on further testing, the lack of support for logos in LineUp 1504 does not impact the correct operation of TVSource, but may result in previously assigned logos disappearing from the guide!
PRBUK

Previous

Return to Development corner