Ultimate Media Center Win8Metro DVblink Client

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Ultimate Media Center Win8Metro DVblink Client

Postby gatolus » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 am

At last I got this pass certification..
http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-US/app/umc-ultimate-media-cente/b446d3f4-776c-4efc-be10-d5ab9c6a6a7a

NOTE.
1.To configure dvblink go to the windows settings charm when inside UMC.
2.Install Media Center pack to get al the needed codex.
3.To use DNLA devices you have to go to networking - add devices and add DNLA servers and players. Then UMC will scan them automatically and support Playto on them.
4.If you use the MCE recorder Just add the wtv recorded tv folder to the build in media server (windows media player/ sharing) then they will be scanned
5.Rigth click on the player to bring up playto. If you don't see your playto devices try it an few times.(the media devices have to be avalible under my computer for them to work
if I get an good enough income out of this I will keep on building / upgrading this app. Busy with remote control support now. once that is completed this should become usabe as an main Media center app. For now it is practical as an movieguide /movielibary app that supports playto. (works very well with xbox)

•TV Series Metadata Lookup
•Movie Metadata Lookup
•DNLA Media Server Support.
•DNLA Play To Support
•Video Libary Support
•Movie Title Detection From local Libary.
•Series Title Detection From local Libary
•Dvblink Guide Data Support
•Dvblink Recording Schedule Support
•Dvblink Media Libary Recored TV Support
•Dvblink Live TV Support
•Play WTV Files (if media pack are installed)
•Works With Windows Media Player Shared Libary
•MCE Remote Control Comming Soon.

Poster images currently does not work if using epgcollector for dvblink becsue of the file// thing. . But once the metadata update for umc is completed new images will appear.
Attachments
Scheduled.jpg
Scheduled Recordings
Scheduled.jpg (106.8 KiB) Viewed 16269 times
Recent.png
Last 14 days Recorded or added
Recent.png (231.49 KiB) Viewed 16269 times
Player.jpg
Player
Player.jpg (122.95 KiB) Viewed 16269 times
Last edited by gatolus on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
gatolus

Re: Ultimate Media Center Win8Metro DVblink Client

Postby mini__me » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am

Nice :D

Been waiting for this to appear since you showed a sneaky peak in another thread!

Will install this later :mrgreen:
mini__me

Postby mysticpete » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am

Congratulations and good work.......
Currently setting up:
HP-N54L, 12GB DDR3 Memory, 10TB Cluster
PLEX Media Centre (PLEX Pass)
DVBLogic 4.6.0 (suite, Licensed)
mysticpete

Postby wally007 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Can you please post some screenshots/videos of sections that are relevant to DVBLink ? (Like Guide, MCE Recordings, Live TV window/Settings etc )

I've got Plex for media center and I doubt there is anything better out there for archived video/music files but I'm always looking for better Live TV apps for clients... ( I'm still on windows 7 but its no biggie to upgrade if better Live TV experience warrants it )
wally007

Postby gatolus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:17 am

wally007 wrote:Can you please post some screenshots/videos of sections that are relevant to DVBLink ? (Like Guide, MCE Recordings, Live TV window/Settings etc )

I've got Plex for media center and I doubt there is anything better out there for archived video/music files but I'm always looking for better Live TV apps for clients... ( I'm still on windows 7 but its no biggie to upgrade if better Live TV experience warrants it )

Wally .
I am hard at work on this I will upload some more screenshot soon. Remember to look in the App store under screenshots.

Next version will include.
1.Mapping wtv recording file via Microsoft media sharing (DLNA) back to the correct episode.
2.Newly added titles for last 14 days. (will allow you to get to your latest recordings)
3.Metadata Fixes.

On replacing media center side....
Personally I agree There is noting out there that beats media center.
I am using UMC an clients like laptop/ kids pc's .... For managing upcoming movies ... and using playto to my XBOX/ kids pc's.

But the Metro interface could become an very cool media center. with all the apps as plugins.UMC will only have to handle live tv/recordings/ movie guide /movie library. There will be apps for others.
I will be adding remote control support to UMC but the current API does not allow it.. I will have to make some desktop/ helper service for it :(

Leave you Main MCE as it is and use UMC on clients till I have have better remote control support.
Attachments
Series.jpg
wkv file matched via Media Sharing to episode
Series.jpg (95.03 KiB) Viewed 16269 times
UpcommingMovies.jpg
Top rated movies from guide
UpcommingMovies.jpg (81.1 KiB) Viewed 16269 times
gatolus

Postby gatolus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:36 am

Dam Microsoft with there certification @#$.
Does anyone have an online dvblink server /test server that I can give M$ to certify my app on please..
Please PM me with the details..
Regards
gatolus

Postby MuadDib » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

gatolus wrote:Dam Microsoft with there certification @#$.
Does anyone have an online dvblink server /test server that I can give M$ to certify my app on please..
Regards

I don't understand your anger. Didn't you know that your app had to be certified prior to release?
MuadDib

Postby gatolus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:03 am

MuadDib wrote:
gatolus wrote:Dam Microsoft with there certification @#$.
Regards

I don't understand your anger. Didn't you know that your app had to be certified prior to release?

The practical problem with certification is that they cant certify the DVBLink part if they don't have DVBLINK hardware /server with an matching DLNA server on that same DVBLINK server for them to certify it. IF they don't have an test environment how is that my problem....

And trying to Expose all of this the to the internet for them the test on my environment is not that easy as my router is not playing along. And my outgoing connection speed is only 0.02 Mb 20Kb per sec..

I am working on it.Going to buy another router..But it is been delaying the latest release for 3 weeks now...
gatolus

Postby danee » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:36 pm

gatolus wrote: IF they don't have an test environment how is that my problem....

So you expect Microsoft the setup a test environment with a third party product so the can test your app?
How much are you paying Microsoft to certify your app?

Kudos to you for building an app and want to distribute it and provide support for it, i've stopped developing for others long ago, but I do not share your opinion that Microsoft should setup a test environment for any app that is send in for certification.
Server: I3 530, 8gb, Samsung 830 256GB, WHS 2011
Tuners: 1x anysee e7, 2x anysee e30tc
Software: DVBLink Server 4.6.0, Connect!Server 4.6.0, TVSource 4.6.0
Clients: 2 x Mac Mini 2010, Windows 7 dedicated Media Center use. iPhone, iPad
danee

Postby gatolus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 am

danee wrote:
gatolus wrote: IF they don't have an test environment how is that my problem....

So you expect Microsoft the setup a test environment with a third party product so the can test your app?
How much are you paying Microsoft to certify your app?

Kudos to you for building an app and want to distribute it and provide support for it, i've stopped developing for others long ago, but I do not share your opinion that Microsoft should setup a test environment for any app that is send in for certification.

So how do you propose Microsoft test software that require specify hardware or specific LAN based software ??. Microsoft require certification not ME.
They Should just Certify what they can test. That's the only solution

But this thread is not about Microsoft certification just asked if someone can help me out with an public DvbLink test server that i can give to Microsoft for certification. And i got NO response from anyone..
My new router should arrive soon that should sort it out.
gatolus

Postby wally007 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:46 pm

gatolus wrote:Leave you Main MCE as it is and use UMC on clients till I have have better remote control support.

Thanks for your screens. App looks nice but I went again with iPad for my client this Christmas so the only place i COULD use this, is the HTPC. I wanted to change ( this is 3rd iPad in the house after all ) but as evil as Apple is, Microsoft is incompetent. I couldnt find Surface anywhere in the store in Frankfurt nor locally in Prague.
It's sad there are no (good) MCE clients on iOS store ( why is this ? )
wally007

Postby MuadDib » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:48 pm

It looks good, will this work with version 4.1?
MuadDib

Postby gatolus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm

MuadDib wrote:It looks good, will this work with version 4.1?

Yes it does. I Upgrade as soon as an new Dvblink released.

At last the new version is approved. !!! On the store now.
Fully support dvblink recorder tv as well as MCE recorded TV as long as you share your MKV with windows media sharing. I automatically remap the recorded show back to the old guide data if I had it based on recorded date.

UMC has just reached 1968 downloads :) And some descent income so we are looking at release 3.
Me an my partner are planning on the next version.
I think we will after all want to take an stab at building an media center on win8 metro.
So the next release will contain support for some helper service that will send the mce remote commands. (it is impossible to read the remote commands from within the metro framework..)
Also I was hoping that Dvblogic will look at adding transcoder support to there media library.. if not we are looking at adding an simple transcoding services to help with playback of mkv for example..

Our mediacenter will focus on
1 Recorded tv via dvblink
2 Livetv via dvblink
3.Movie guide / Series guide
4.Movie Library /Series library.
5.Possible SMART/AUTO Scheduling use start ratings/genre/user filters..

Nothing more. the rest will have to come from other store apps.

1. We want to be able to use MCE for tablet / laptop to use play to and therefor control your main media center PC.
2. Use UMC on the main media center pc as well. Via remote.

We are thinking for moving away for the LIVETV/Channels/Guide/recorded TV concept and only use an MOVEGUIDE/SERIESGUIDE -- MOVIELIBARY/SERIESLIBARY concept. Who give an hell when what is on. I just want to see new shows/movies that are available to watch and I want to have an smart way of scheduling things.

Please give me you feedback..
gatolus

Postby reddragon1nz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 am

HI there.

Just trialing your App at the moment.

I did get it to connect to localhost by opening a command prompt with admininstrator rights
and pasting this in

CheckNetIsolation.exe LoopbackExempt -a -n=63177CustomSoftwareEngene.UMC-UltimateMediaCente_fdjtkf84j2kb6

This then allowed me to connect to localhost. (dvblink server on same machine)

The problem I'm having now is when trying to play tv i get this.

"The video failed to play"

With

"Microsoft Media Foundation Does not support the requested format. Please contact Microsoft for assistance MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED : HRESULT - 0xC00D36C4"

Please help me.
reddragon1nz

Postby gatolus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:08 am

reddragon1nz wrote:HI there.

Just trialing your App at the moment.

I did get it to connect to localhost by opening a command prompt with admininstrator rights
and pasting this in

CheckNetIsolation.exe LoopbackExempt -a -n=63177CustomSoftwareEngene.UMC-UltimateMediaCente_fdjtkf84j2kb6

This then allowed me to connect to localhost. (dvblink server on same machine)

The problem I'm having now is when trying to play tv i get this.

"The video failed to play"

With

"Microsoft Media Foundation Does not support the requested format. Please contact Microsoft for assistance MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED : HRESULT - 0xC00D36C4"

Please help me.

Thanks for the tip about localhost. I will see if I an add that to the next build.
IS it live TV that is failing or recored tv. ?

This media foundation that does not support old codex is driving me mad.
1. Type the Media center addon that installs more codec.
2. Try the transcoder. that worked for me.

On my installation I can playback dvblink livetvstream Directly or via transcoder.
We are now working on remote control helper and will be trying to add an transcoder helper service that you can install separately to try an help with playback.

Let me know it that worked..
gatolus

Next

Return to Development corner