XBMC Frodo PVR Addon

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: XBMC Frodo PVR Addon

Postby BtbN » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 am

Everything the xbmc api offers(and what can be done with dvblink) is implemented. Just needs some fine tuning and bug fixing.
BtbN

Postby Multi Media PC » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:48 pm

BtbN wrote:Disabling the timeshift function speeds up zapping a bit.
On my setup, changing channels takes ~1 second without, and ~3 seconds with timesthifting.
It's normal that it takes longer to start with timeshifting, as it has to care for the buffering first and it also puts a lot of load on the HDD.

THX that helped a bit.
Dedicated TV Server with 4x DVB-S2 and 2x DVB-C sources running V4.5 on a Server 2012 and 5 clients Almost all systems running on Windows Embedded Standard 7.
Multi Media PC

Postby mysticpete » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi BtbN

I compiled your latest updates this evening onto the new BETA2 XBMC, quick tests look promising apart from the very slow channel zapping, and the following two issues:

1) if you try and record more programs than you have tuners the program will let you, I have 6 tuners and managed to get 8 recordings logged, however if you go to the DVBlink software you can see that two recordings are in conflict, I don't think this flag is being picked up as an error in your app at this time See uploaded ....

2) If you press show guide while watching a program with No information, the start time is going nuts, looping through the 24hr clock while the stop timer is static, looks like a glitch where no program info is available.

tomanyrecords.png
tomanyrecords.png (59.57 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
tomanyrecordsxbmc.png
tomanyrecordsxbmc.png (240.18 KiB) Viewed 11329 times

Looking much better as a whole now though.

Great work :)
mysticpete
Currently setting up:
HP-N54L, 12GB DDR3 Memory, 10TB Cluster
PLEX Media Centre (PLEX Pass)
DVBLogic 4.6.0 (suite, Licensed)
mysticpete

Postby BtbN » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 pm

to 1) Yeah, XBMC does not care for overlapping timers at all, and also does not offer an option. I had to decide if i set the force_add parameter or not. I decided to set it, but i'm still not 100% sure if it's corret.
From the docs: " <force_add> flag indicates that new schedule should be added even if there are other conflicting schedules present"

I'd recomment managing timers via the Webinterface if possible. Adding them from XBMC via epg worked quite ok in my tests, also deleting existing timers is no problem. But when it comes to manualy adding timers, there seems to be a bug in XBMC, as my addon nevers gets the new timer, even if you click Ok.

to 2) Not realy a bug in my AddOn, as all i do is passing the EPG entrys i get from dvblink to XBMC. You should report this to XBMC. There are no gaps in my epg, so i never had this situation before.
BtbN

Postby mysticpete » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:13 pm

BtbN wrote:to 1) Yeah, XBMC does not care for overlapping timers at all, and also does not offer an option. I had to decide if i set the force_add parameter or not. I decided to set it, but i'm still not 100% sure if it's corret.
From the docs: " <force_add> flag indicates that new schedule should be added even if there are other conflicting schedules present"

I'd recomment managing timers via the Webinterface if possible. Adding them from XBMC via epg worked quite ok in my tests, also deleting existing timers is no problem. But when it comes to manualy adding timers, there seems to be a bug in XBMC, as my addon nevers gets the new timer, even if you click Ok.

to 2) Not realy a bug in my AddOn, as all i do is passing the EPG entrys i get from dvblink to XBMC. You should report this to XBMC. There are no gaps in my epg, so i never had this situation before.

Thanks for that, 1) I will maybe see what it does if not set to force add? Will report 2) as a bug in XBMC possibly then.

Thanks
mysticpete
Currently setting up:
HP-N54L, 12GB DDR3 Memory, 10TB Cluster
PLEX Media Centre (PLEX Pass)
DVBLogic 4.6.0 (suite, Licensed)
mysticpete

Postby cubeloop » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:39 am

Hi, very nice addon. Works really great for me using the next latest version of the addon with Frodo Beta 1.

Anyone know how to schedule series recordings within XBMC?
cubeloop

Postby BtbN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Series recording is not possible from within XBMC.
BtbN

Postby cubeloop » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Yes, I figured that out. I'm using the localhost i chrome or the DVBLink iphone app to set series recordings for now.

Another question, why can't I delete my recordings from within XBMC? I only get a dialog stating "Not supported in PVR-backend..."
cubeloop

Postby BtbN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Cause it's currently not implemented.
BtbN

Postby cubeloop » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 pm

BtbN wrote:Everything the xbmc api offers(and what can be done with dvblink) is implemented. Just needs some fine tuning and bug fixing.

I guess then that, deletion of files was excluded from that statement?
When do you think it will be implemented?
cubeloop

Postby BtbN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:21 pm

I just forgot it, allready pushed a fix.
Renaming of recordings is still not possible, but as DVBLink does not offer this functionality via its api, i can't do anything about that.
BtbN

Postby cubeloop » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:40 pm

BtbN wrote:I just forgot it, allready pushed a fix.
Renaming of recordings is still not possible, but as DVBLink does not offer this functionality via its api, i can't do anything about that.

I'm amazed by the fast response and the fix you published!!! :D

Wonder why DVBLogic is taking them so long to update their official addon? They don't need to...Maybe they are working with a xbmc program more than an addon?
cubeloop

Postby BtbN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:46 pm

The official XBMC Addon is not designed for the PVR features of XBMC Frodo, it's just a Python API Client.
No idea if there'll be an official PVR Plugin.
BtbN

Postby spawnstah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:45 pm

BtbN wrote:Changed to addon, so it uses the provdided channel handle.
Also uploaded a new binary Windows version.

Working great! Upgraded all 5 xbmc installations and have had no problem since :)
Thanks for the quick fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
spawnstah

Postby madpb » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:58 am

numa001 wrote:Is it possible to compil a version for RaspberryPi ?

I too am running XBMC on RaspberryPi. (OpenELEC) fun little toy. I tried for two days and it will change the channel but no video/sound. (I have no clue)
not sure about Frodo. I see youtube video with dvblink running on Pi.
I would really like to be able to do that.

EDIT: Could my issue be that I am only able to run Connect Server 4.1 and no higher? Do I need 4.5.x?
madpb

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner