DVBLink Windows 8 Client

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: DVBLink Windows 8 Client

Postby jtenniswood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 pm

I tried the app again on the surface, the issues with crashing on setup is to do with having the onscreen keyboard active, so some bug fixing it required there.
I managed to get it play bbc news for a while, the audio was out of sync and the quality wasn't brilliant, but my server hasn't got the power to do lots of transcoding, so maybe thats the issue.

Roll on the Surface Pro so I can just use media center again!
jtenniswood

Postby Mika56 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi,

I was looking for others posts on this forum and seen that this toppic had answers, don't know where the notification email went, but not in my inbox :)

All streaming problems are related to the fact that the server transcodes the Stream, which is a hard work for your servers, as hardware acceleration isn't available

For the Surface bug, I don't think I'll get a hand on one before version 2 (1.5), but my school should get some Surface soon, I'll try to get one for a week ;)

Mika.
Windows 8 DVBLink Client
Mika56

Postby dapozt » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:45 pm

The current version doesn't work on a Surface device (ARM), when opening the app it crashes when opening the charms bar or when entering the correct hostname/port.
Any future updates planned? It would be great to have this working (I'm willing to pay for it).
dapozt

Postby Mika56 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi !

From what I heard, this problm with ARM tablets is due to the virtual keyboard. I have absolutly no idea why (I don't have access to any ARM tablet), but it seems like if you close the virtual keyboard before pressing connect, it will not crash
If it still crashes, try with a physical keyboard

Mika.
Windows 8 DVBLink Client
Mika56

Postby Graememac » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 am

Hi,
I have installed the win8 App and it looks great and works (mostly).

When I watch some channels there is no sound. Others work fine.

I also have an iPad and using DVBlink on it shows all channels correctly with sound.

It appears the sound for channels using the DVB-S tuner work fine while the DVB-T tuner do not.

What do I need to do to get sound correctly for those channels that sound is not occurring?

Cheers
Graeme
Graememac

Postby spaceboy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm

i don't understand what this is supposed to do. not helped by this page which seems to be massively misleading http://www.zomers.eu/knowledge/dvblogic ... enter.aspx

i'm a dvblink user, just upgraded to win 8 and from what i can see this is hoped to be the first attempt at a replacement for Windows Media Center, is that correct? if so, it doesn't work for me. nothing happens but as i can't work out what is supposed to happen i can't tell if that is right?
spaceboy

Postby Mika56 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi,

@Graememac : I don't really know about your problem, my app doesn't anything to the stream, simply displaying it, sorry
@spaceboy : This app is something like a media center replacement, but not one. This app only allows you to play streams coming from your DVBLink Connect! Server

Mika.
Windows 8 DVBLink Client
Mika56

Postby spaceboy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 pm

now i see. its working now i know what to expect! ok, so next question, i have all my channel icons perfectly set up in MC, i use an app called my channel logos, so i have all the icon files. the app doesn't appear to currently support UK icons, so how can you enable this or can i use my own set of perfectly formed icons?
spaceboy

Postby Mika56 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi,

If I am right, you can add your own channels logo by putting them in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\61530NinjaFactory.DVBLinkClient_...\RomaingState\
They have to be in the png format

Mika.
Windows 8 DVBLink Client
Mika56

Postby spaceboy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:45 pm

ok, i've done that but no go. should the png files be named in a particular way? they match the dvblink channel name currently. they work with an xbmc installation that relies upon them being named identical to the channel

edit, cleared the cache but now it never stops "fetching channel logos". is it likely an issue that there isn't a UK region in the options?
spaceboy

Postby MuadDib » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 pm

So is it working now? Does it work with version 4.1?
MuadDib

Postby spaceboy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 am

well it works but it doesn't bring any icons up. sorry but i'm not uninstalling 4.5.2 and reinstalling 4.1 just to see if this works. can you officially add UK channel icon support? it says you will if we request it. i'm requesting it and i have all the icons ready! :)

sorry, just realised i was replying to someone else! :wink:
spaceboy

Postby MuadDib » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 pm

I meant to say, have there been a fix since when it was broken in December?
MuadDib

Postby markwilde » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm

For anyone experiencing some out-of-sync audio. I posted an update in my own topic Audio lag. This seems to be a fault in Windows :(
markwilde

Postby markwilde » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:12 pm

markwilde wrote:For anyone experiencing some out-of-sync audio. I posted an update in my own topic Audio lag. This seems to be a fault in Windows :(

I don't know which Windows fix it was. But the audio lag is gone!!!! WOOHOOO
markwilde

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner