CSA hardware acceleration?

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

CSA hardware acceleration?

Postby neil_coggins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi,

I'm still getting to grips with TVSource, but I'm currently running 4.1.1 to watch Sky channels. However, CPU performance appears to be a bottleneck when trying to record multiple encrypted HD channels. Granted, I'm only running a Core 2 Duo... but AES decryption really isn't that computationally expensive (I should know, I make a living licensing products that use it!). I've seen 250Mbps+ AES-ECB (and -CBC) on a dual-core CPU with no special hardware, and something like a VIA Padlock-enabled system or new Core i5/i7 (with AES-NI) should manage 1Gbps+ - that's more than 30 channels decrypting simultaneously, if the system is working properly!

I may be misunderstanding the relationship between all of the different bits of software, but I am assuming that Hadu / Acamd provide the CSA decryption capability for TVSource - is that right? If so, does anyone know if these apps are using hardware acceleration when available? I can't seem to find much in the way of information about either using Google...

Of course, if I have the wrong end of the stick, I'd be grateful if someone could give me a 5-minute primer on how all this stuff hangs together! :D

Cheers,

Neil.
neil_coggins

Re: CSA hardware acceleration?

Postby yamcenutzer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:35 am

I was informed that the plugins 'only' provide the keys for CSA. CSA itself is implemented in the server. There are, in the meantime, some open CSA libs out there.
Also, IIRC CSA is not AES (yet, Maybe CSA3, when it comes).
DVBLink TVSource 6, 4x DigitalDevices S2 Tuners, Win7x64, Dq77MK, e3-1225, 8GB, WMC local, WMC-remote, testing KODI usabilty for TV since 2012 - still failing...
yamcenutzer

Return to Development corner