Dvblink for XBMC

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: Dvblink for XBMC

Postby spaceboy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:41 pm

i've tried with and without transcoding and the same result. transcoding doesn't seem to work on eden either but with transcoding off i get playback under eden but not on the latest frodo nightly. this is the same across my main htpc (which is also the localhost for the dvblink connect server) my laptop and the pi. i'm pretty sure i've previously had it working under frodo on windows on the laptop and definitely on the pi. finally, the fact it works under eden suggests its not dvblink itself. all this points to either a consistent problem with the client set up or the plugin. but its working for you...

are there any other settings in xbmc that i should have configured? don't spend too much more time on it though, hopefully the pvr plugin should be ready for the pi soon. then i just have to worry about getting that working, my attempts on windows haven't been successful so far :(
spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:23 pm

its cool, zeroniaks plug in working now. thanks for your work though DSD
spaceboy

Postby majland » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Sometimes one should read a bit more before trying to install...

Yesterday i bought* and installed TV source for QNAP (installed with HDhomerun network tuner) with the plan of using a RaspberryPi with XBMC as client (Raspbmc)

As i understand it I'm out of luck because the NAS does not have the processing power of transcoding the video stream and the RaspberryPi may not have the power to show the raw stream :-(

When steaming to a windows pc by using the links from dvblink webserver and using VLC i can see the resolution and codecs. I've tried the XBMC client with some of the channels that are with H264 (since i have not bought the MPEG2 codec yet)

Or should the RaspberryPi be able to show a standard resolution raw stream ?
(Then i just have another issue(s) for it not working)

* For some reason it started with showing a trial period of just one day. A bit later it showed 0 days left so i just went ahead and bought a license.

--
/A
majland

Postby Oberon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 pm

majland wrote:Sometimes one should read a bit more before trying to install...

Yesterday i bought* and installed TV source for QNAP (installed with HDhomerun network tuner) with the plan of using a RaspberryPi with XBMC as client (Raspbmc)

As i understand it I'm out of luck because the NAS does not have the processing power of transcoding the video stream and the RaspberryPi may not have the power to show the raw stream :-(

When steaming to a windows pc by using the links from dvblink webserver and using VLC i can see the resolution and codecs. I've tried the XBMC client with some of the channels that are with H264 (since i have not bought the MPEG2 codec yet)

Or should the RaspberryPi be able to show a standard resolution raw stream ?
(Then i just have another issue(s) for it not working)

* For some reason it started with showing a trial period of just one day. A bit later it showed 0 days left so i just went ahead and bought a license.

--
/A

With Raspberry PI you would be better off using this PVR addon:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19703

Please remember that you would need to buy additional mpeg-2 decoder pack for PI to play mpeg-2 video.
Oberon

Postby cw-kid » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi

Were Channel Logos ever fixed on MAC OSX ?

I've just updated my Mac to Gotham and got the DVBLink PVR add-on working but in the XBMC TV Settings whenever I attempt to select the folder that stores the channel logos XBMC just hangs and I have to force quit on it.

Thanks.
cw-kid

Postby Oberon » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:09 pm

cw-kid wrote:Hi

Were Channel Logos ever fixed on MAC OSX ?

I've just updated my Mac to Gotham and got the DVBLink PVR add-on working but in the XBMC TV Settings whenever I attempt to select the folder that stores the channel logos XBMC just hangs and I have to force quit on it.

Thanks.

Why are you asking here?
Oberon

Postby cw-kid » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Why is this not the right thread for the DVBLink PVR add-on for XBMC?
cw-kid

Postby Oberon » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:33 pm

cw-kid wrote:Why is this not the right thread for the DVBLink PVR add-on for XBMC?

It is not for more than a year already. You yourself also have been writing here previously:
viewforum.php?f=66
Oberon

Previous

Return to Development corner