Dvblink for XBMC

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: Dvblink for XBMC

Postby DSD » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Realman wrote:
DSD wrote:I'm thinking about adding support for displaying what's currently playing when watching Live TV.
So far I'm only able to add the information about what's currently playing to the end of the channel name (see below).
I guess it will have to do for now...

For this purpose, you can use infoLabel "studio".

E.g:
listitem.setInfo('video', {'studio': channel.channel_name})
xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER).play(url, listitem)

Thanks I'll give that a try.
DSD

Postby DSD » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:24 pm

engren wrote:
Code: Select all
16:14:07 T:14208  NOTICE: Use cached channels
16:14:07 T:14208   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
16:14:07 T:14208   ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 76602: ordinal not in range(128)
16:14:07 T:14208   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Hans Engren\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.dvblink\default.py", line 864, in <module>
                                                load_channels() #deviceconfiguration()
                                              File "C:\Users\Hans Engren\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.dvblink\default.py", line 319, in load_channels
                                                raise ex
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 76602: ordinal not in range(128)
16:14:07 T:44516   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.dvblink
16:14:07 T:44516   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.dvblink) failed

Not having much luck trying out this plugin, latest v1.2.5. Is this relevant to the previous mentioned channel name issues - and if so, is there any plan on how to sort it out once and for all? I got 3600 channels, and very little intrest in going through them all manually ...

As a side note, the version mentioned previously (http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18242&start=90#p59824) works like a charm with the limited functionality available in that version, well, except that DVBLink runs out of free tuners when zapping but that's a different discussion. ;-)

Well that's strange because the changes I've made are those from the Wal version.
I'll take a closer look at the changes again, perhaps I've missed something.

I'm currently on vacation and my ability to make these changes now are somewhat limited.
DSD

Postby Wal » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 am

DSD wrote:
engren wrote:
16:14:07 T:14208  NOTICE: Use cached channels
16:14:07 T:14208   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
16:14:07 T:14208   ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 76602: ordinal not in range(128)
16:14:07 T:14208   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Hans Engren\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.dvblink\default.py", line 864, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\Hans Engren\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.dvblink\default.py", line 319, in load_channels
                                                raise ex
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 76602: ordinal not in range(128)
16:14:07 T:44516   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.dvblink
16:14:07 T:44516   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.dvblink) failed

Not having much luck trying out this plugin, latest v1.2.5. Is this relevant to the previous mentioned channel name issues - and if so, is there any plan on how to sort it out once and for all? I got 3600 channels, and very little intrest in going through them all manually ...

As a side note, the version mentioned previously (http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18242&start=90#p59824) works like a charm with the limited functionality available in that version, well, except that DVBLink runs out of free tuners when zapping but that's a different discussion. ;-)

Well that's strange because the changes I've made are those from the Wal version.
I'll take a closer look at the changes again, perhaps I've missed something.

I'm currently on vacation and my ability to make these changes now are somewhat limited.

yes, the changes work for me.
Kaum macht's man richtig, funktioniert es auch. o(°:°)o

Server: ASRock AMD 3GHz 6-Core Win7 U 64, DVBLink 4.5 Server, Source, ConnectServer
Clients: ASRock AMD 3GHz 6-Core , ASUS AT5IONT-I Win7 U 64, NEC Beamer, IPhone4 32MB, ACER Iconia Tab A200
Wal

Postby engren » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Tried to reinstall XBMC completely, same error as last time.

19:14:39 T:18756   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
19:14:39 T:18756   ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 117: ordinal not in range(128)
19:14:39 T:18756   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                raise ex
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 117: ordinal not in range(128)
19:14:39 T:14240   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.dvblink
19:14:39 T:14240   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.dvblink) failed

Works with the previously version (1.1.0).

Not sure it makes a difference, but I am using XBMC 12.0-ALPHA5 Git:20120805-c1c650c with the skin Transparancy! v4.0.5.

Unfortunally, I don't see the channel name that's the problem here, or I might have been able to work my way through the channel list and find which one(s) that is/are the troublesome ones in this scenario.
engren

Postby DSD » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 pm

engren wrote:Tried to reinstall XBMC completely, same error as last time.

19:14:39 T:18756   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
19:14:39 T:18756   ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 117: ordinal not in range(128)
19:14:39 T:18756   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                raise ex
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 117: ordinal not in range(128)
19:14:39 T:14240   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.dvblink
19:14:39 T:14240   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.dvblink) failed

Works with the previously version (1.1.0).

Not sure it makes a difference, but I am using XBMC 12.0-ALPHA5 Git:20120805-c1c650c with the skin Transparancy! v4.0.5.

Unfortunally, I don't see the channel name that's the problem here, or I might have been able to work my way through the channel list and find which one(s) that is/are the troublesome ones in this scenario.

I'll see if I can do anything about this when I get back from my vacation.
I might be able to list which channel number is causing the problem, if that might help...
DSD

Postby engren » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:23 pm

DSD wrote:I'll see if I can do anything about this when I get back from my vacation.
I might be able to list which channel number is causing the problem, if that might help...

That'd be an awesome help to move forward!

But, make sure you get your vacation first. I actually didn't expect any replies until you got back from it either way, so I'm happy so far. ;-)

Enjoy it!
engren

Postby peebee01 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:46 am

Hi DSD

I'm new to using Raspberry, hoping to replace my failing MCE Extender.
A couple of quick questions I haven't found an answer to in this thread so far:

Can I edit the cached channel list? I would like to have a reduced number of channels compared to the 240 I have on my MCE.

If so,
Where is it located?
Can I block the plugin to retrieve a new channel list?
Can I change the order to avoid the alphabetic order used now?

And finally, I can't get HD channels to work properly. Does somebody have HD live tv channels up and running? Also what bitrate do you recommend to use for HD and SD channels?
peebee01

Postby SupeMike » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:01 pm

First of all. Great work.

I have installer version 1.2.5 on Openelec-Pvr latest Beta. No luck.
It fails with "script error:plugin.video.dvblink"

Where is the log file?
I can SSH to my Openelec machine, but cannot find log file.
SupeMike

Postby CrashingDutchman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Great news for RPi users

New video features! MPEG-2 and VC-1 decode, H.264 encode, CEC support: http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1839
CrashingDutchman

Postby Oberon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:11 pm

CrashingDutchman wrote:Great news for RPi users

New video features! MPEG-2 and VC-1 decode, H.264 encode, CEC support: http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1839

Super news. Raspberry Pi based mediacenter becomes possible ;)
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby Undutchable » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:10 am

Great news,

So let's walk a bit fast, goodbye MC7.

Somewhere in the house a small file server running WHS 20?? and DVBlogic software for tuner support.
In every room even in the restroom, a RPI with a monitor, running XBMC.
No extenders needed, on all locations DVB-HD signal.
If it ain't Dutch it ain't that much.
Undutchable

Postby DSD » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:28 am

SupeMike wrote:First of all. Great work.

I have installer version 1.2.5 on Openelec-Pvr latest Beta. No luck.
It fails with "script error:plugin.video.dvblink"

Where is the log file?
I can SSH to my Openelec machine, but cannot find log file.

I'm not sure but on the Raspmc you can find the xbmc.log file under: /home/pi/.xbmc/temp
Perhaps it's located in the same structure.
DSD

Postby DSD » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 am

peebee01 wrote:Hi DSD

I'm new to using Raspberry, hoping to replace my failing MCE Extender.
A couple of quick questions I haven't found an answer to in this thread so far:

Can I edit the cached channel list? I would like to have a reduced number of channels compared to the 240 I have on my MCE.

If so,
Where is it located?
Can I block the plugin to retrieve a new channel list?
Can I change the order to avoid the alphabetic order used now?

And finally, I can't get HD channels to work properly. Does somebody have HD live tv channels up and running? Also what bitrate do you recommend to use for HD and SD channels?

The channel list is located under "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.dvblink/resources/channels" and the xml-file is named "channels.xml".
You could in theory edit this xml-file and remove some channels. I've not tried this myself but it should work.
If you change the add-on setting to cache the channel list, then the add-on will not ask for channels from the DVBLink Connect Server if there is a channels.xml-file present in the above path.
On the other hand if you remove the setting "use cached channel list" then the channels.xml will be deleted and the add-on will ask the DVBLink Connect Server for a list of all channels.

Watching HD-channels does however require that the computer running DVBLInk Connect Server is quite powerful in order to use transcoding.
If you're not transcoding then the stream is sent as is and the client would need to support the codec which could be MPEG2. Although H264 should be the most common codec for HD-channels.
DSD

Postby spaceboy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:42 pm

have you seen that the pi now has a mpeg2 codec for about £2.40? should be able to play SD channels w/o transcoding now?
spaceboy

Postby nexusle » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Oberon wrote:
CrashingDutchman wrote:Great news for RPi users

Super news. Raspberry Pi based mediacenter becomes possible ;)

This sound's like you'll build a DVBLink part for the Raspbmc?! ;)
nexusle

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner