DVBLink v4.5 RC2!

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: DVBLink v4.5 RC2!

Postby Oberon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:20 am

ontheroadch wrote:Hi Oberon

Congratulation for 4.5

Receiving works fine for DVB-C. On DVB-S2 i get no signal. In configuration I get the messages "IDS_TUNING_FAILED" or "No Signal"

I tried it with ASTRA Presets and 19.2E
The Tuners are from Digital Devices

What ca be the problem ?

Regards

Michael

Are you using CI module for dvb-s tuner? You need to associate it with the tuner using DD's own config tool and reboot afterwards.
Please set server log level to info, reproduce the issue and attach zipped dvblink_server.log here.
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby Oberon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:28 am

IanPH wrote:Is anyone else having problems with "Playready" messages using DVBLink Connect! Server Clients?

Lately I've had many of these messages. The problem is not the server but the client. If I go into the services manager and restart the DVBLink Client Service (without even shutting down Media Center) everything works again.

Are you using server name or IP at the client side?
please attach here zipped both server's and client's log files.
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby ontheroadch » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Oberon

You got the point. I set two different Vicesses CI Modules to the same tuners.
That might have corrupted the receivers.

Regards

Michael
ontheroadch

Postby Heiko123 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:56 am

Oberon wrote:
IanPH wrote:Is anyone else having problems with "Playready" messages using DVBLink Connect! Server Clients?

Lately I've had many of these messages. The problem is not the server but the client. If I go into the services manager and restart the DVBLink Client Service (without even shutting down Media Center) everything works again.

Hello Oberon,

I've a question to that. :-)
Did you have integrated it to catch up if the dvblink-server down (standby or anyhing), so the playready-message is done?
W7MC-Rechner: GA-MA785GT-UD3H; AMD Athlon X4 630; beQuiet 300W; 8GB RAM; 8x DVB-S (2x PCTV4000i;2x DigitalDevices-DVBS2); W7MCE-32bit; DVBLink-Source 4.5.3; DVBLink-Connect; DVBLink-Client
... and you can find me: http://www.mce-community.de/forum/
Heiko123

Postby tony_park » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:48 pm

tony_park wrote:Hi Oberon,

I'm having some recorder problems with tvsource since I upgraded to RC2 last night. Out of 9 recordings, 3 appear to have recorded succesfully. The other all report partial recordings due to signal or power loss.

No-one has touched the htpc, and we've not had a powercut.

This only appears to be happening since we changed from RC1 to RC2 last night :-(

I'll try and get a log file uploaded this evening, when the current programs have finished recording (hopefully completely)

Thanks
Tony

It's been behaving ever since I posted, however logging is set, ready in case it happens again...
Windows 7 Media Center Embedded in Evolve Media Lifestation
Intel i3, AMD 6450, 4GB,
Dreambox Clone - CCCam 2.1.4,
2xTBS 6981 dual S2 tuner,
Plugin: Acamd 0.6.2.0
TV Source 4.6.0
tony_park

Postby Oberon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:52 pm

tony_park wrote:

I'm having some recorder problems with tvsource since I upgraded to RC2 last night. Out of 9 recordings, 3 appear to have recorded succesfully. The other all report partial recordings due to signal or power loss.

This only appears to be happening since we changed from RC1 to RC2 last night :-(

I'll try and get a log file uploaded this evening, when the current programs have finished recording (hopefully completely)

Thanks
Tony

It's been behaving ever since I posted, however logging is set, ready in case it happens again...

You are using MCE as a recorder, right?
Oberon

Postby CrashingDutchman » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Oberon wrote:
CrashingDutchman wrote:
I should have added that this is on a Raspberry Pi with XBMC from http://www.raspbmc.com

I have my Firewall disabled and these are the steps I take in XBMC:
- Videos -> Files
- Add Videos
- Browse
- Select UPnP Devices
- Select: DVBLink DLNA TV Server
- Select: TV Channels

At top of screen I see see upnp://<some guid>/TVChannels, but no channels are listed.

Just one step further - you have to actually add upnp device for channels to become visible.

Thank you Oberon, that last step did it.

My Raspberry Pi with XBMC is a nice radio player now. All TV channels seem to be MPEG2 which is not supported by the Raspberry Pi hardware. I tried the most common Dutch channels.
CrashingDutchman

Postby IanPH » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:39 am

Oberon wrote:

I use IP addresses in the config file of the clients.

Attached logs are from yesterday evening. I was watching LiveTV at around half past nine for about half an hour. I then watched a movie and after about 2 hours pressed the LiveTV button again. That's when I got the "Playready" message (so inbetween the HTPC had not been in standby). I minimized Media Center, restarted DVBLink Client Service through the service manager and from that moment LiveTV was working again.

Unfortunately the loglevel of the client was at 1 instead of 2. So I hope it's usefull to you.
Attachments
23-06-12-Client-Server_log.rar
(2.59 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Setup: 4 Sat-tuner Server with DVBLink 4.6.0/Connect! Server 4.6.0 and a home full of Win 7 MCE PC's
(TBS6982 + Cine S2 -> DVBLink TVSource/Connect! Server/ACamd 0.6.2.0/OSCam 1.20-unst #8155 CCCam)
IanPH

Postby Oberon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:55 pm

IanPH wrote:
Oberon wrote:

I use IP addresses in the config file of the clients.

Attached logs are from yesterday evening. I was watching LiveTV at around half past nine for about half an hour. I then watched a movie and after about 2 hours pressed the LiveTV button again. That's when I got the "Playready" message (so inbetween the HTPC had not been in standby). I minimized Media Center, restarted DVBLink Client Service through the service manager and from that moment LiveTV was working again.

Unfortunately the loglevel of the client was at 1 instead of 2. So I hope it's usefull to you.

Hm, interesting. You have a lot of failed network send/receive in your log files. Also the error is strange - 10066, "cannot delete a directory that is not empty" what ever it means. Can it be that there is not enough disk space on your clients?
Oberon

Postby IanPH » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Oberon wrote:
IanPH wrote:I use IP addresses in the config file of the clients.

Hm, interesting. You have a lot of failed network send/receive in your log files. Also the error is strange - 10066, "cannot delete a directory that is not empty" what ever it means. Can it be that there is not enough disk space on your clients?

My HTPC in the living room has a 20GB system disk with 2GB free space. Not much has changed to the system disk from the introduction of DVBLink 4.0 till now.
Although 2GB should be enough (as the Recorder TV/LiveTV buffer is on a separate disk of 160GB) I will try to make some extra space and see if that changes anything.

But what could cause the large amount of failed network send/receive in the log files?
The firewall on all my PC's are disabled as my private network is behind a dedicated firewall.
Setup: 4 Sat-tuner Server with DVBLink 4.6.0/Connect! Server 4.6.0 and a home full of Win 7 MCE PC's
(TBS6982 + Cine S2 -> DVBLink TVSource/Connect! Server/ACamd 0.6.2.0/OSCam 1.20-unst #8155 CCCam)
IanPH

Postby Teddox » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Can anyone tell me how tuner priority works in TVSource with 7MC as it is giving me a head ache :(
With 4.5 I decided to try changing the setup so that both my DVBS2 and DVBT tuners are configured via DVBlink instead of 7MC controling DVBT. I thought that the tunners with least mapped channel would be selected first but it maybe not. My DVBT has around 40 channels and DVBS has around 150 but in testing I could only record 3 things not 4. I am not sure if this is due to the way the channels are mapped, some of the channels eg ITV3, ITV4 etc are merged for both DVBS and DVBT in one TV Source channel while other such as BBC2 are both in TVSOurce but appear as two seperate channels (due to have slightly different name).
Windows 7 64Bit - 7MC
Blackgold BGT3590 - 2x DVBS2 - 2x DVBT
UK Freeview / Freesat
Teddox

Postby tony_park » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Oberon wrote:
tony_park wrote:

Thanks
Tony

You are using MCE as a recorder, right?

Hi Oberon,

yep, not using the built in recorder - or even the connect server.

Problem has happened again recently - log file attached, at the following times:

Sunday 24th June recording 17:55 to 19:10
Sat 23rd June, 18:55 to 19:40
Sat 23rd June, 18:25 to 19:10

The following recordings are reported as successful:

Sun 24th, 17:30 to 18:10
Sun 24th, 17:00 to 17:45
Sat 23rd, 22:55 to 00:10

Thanks
Tony
Attachments
dvblink_server.zip
(52.3 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Windows 7 Media Center Embedded in Evolve Media Lifestation
Intel i3, AMD 6450, 4GB,
Dreambox Clone - CCCam 2.1.4,
2xTBS 6981 dual S2 tuner,
Plugin: Acamd 0.6.2.0
TV Source 4.6.0
tony_park

Postby CrashingDutchman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:19 pm

I have made a recording (scheduled through the web interface on port 8080) that I can't play back. I get a message when I try to play it through DVBLink media library: Cannot play video - Windows Media Center cannot open the file

Can you explain Oberon?

Edit: This is the whole message:
Cannot play video
Windows Media Center cannot open the file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
Last edited by CrashingDutchman on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrashingDutchman

Postby Oberon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:36 pm

CrashingDutchman wrote:I have made a recording (scheduled through the web interface on port 8080) that I can't play back. I get a message when I try to play it through DVBLink media library: Cannot play video - Windows Media Center cannot open the file?

Can you explain Oberon?

Most probably the recording has zero length because there is no disk space left. You can check the available disk space on Scheduled Recordings tab of the web interface.
Oberon

Postby CrashingDutchman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 pm

372.5 GB free of 419.2 GB

I noticed that I didn't add the recordings drive E:\ to Windows Media Center as a drive where recorded TV can be stored/found. But, after I just did that it still doesn't play and comes with the message from my previous posting.

The recording I have is > 16GB in size and does show up in DVBLink Media Library.
CrashingDutchman

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner