DVBLink v4.5 RC2!

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: DVBLink v4.5 RC2!

Postby Bold1342 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Oberon wrote:
Bold1342 wrote:Hi Oberon

I updated to v4.5 RC2 yesterday, unfortunately after updating the dreambox source network hang has returned.

To confirm when restarting the PC when dreambox source is installed the windows network stack appears to hang for upto 3 minutes.

Log attached

Please fix

Thank you

David

Please check the version of dbox_source.dll in dvblink\sources\<your dreambox source>. It should be 4.5.0.3. The fix is definitely included there.

Thank you checked and was older version - I ran the bat update yesterday! - re ran bat update just now and fixed issue
:D
Bold1342

Postby remcoploeg » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:33 am

Oberon wrote:That's correct. The title is not used as a file name.

Ok. Will be there something in the future for this? It's now not really user friendly to find a recorded program on an ID.

thanks!

Remco
remcoploeg

Postby Oberon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:20 am

tony_park wrote:Hi,

do we have any news on the automated channel transponder/channel change functionality?

Thanks
Tony

It's being worked on. Unfortunately with a delay :(
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby Oberon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:21 am

yamcenutzer wrote:
NWW wrote:...
But we reaaaaaally need a way to select packages. It is a pain in the a** to sort through 4000 channels (13, 19.2, 28.2) to select the packages I subscribe to and to list them properly.

This might be general question, but when you start off with a preset package, how do you afterwards add a new channel, or even transponder?
Right now I have a config based on german transponders on 19.2 (no channel presets), and on June 22 we'll have a new channel on one of the existing transponders. How do I add that without configuring everything from scratch? I can't scan, because there is nothing to scan when using presets.

Cheers,

Add another TV provider with a regular Astra19.2 transponder file, scan required transponder for channels and add scanned channel(s) to your selected channels.
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby hanslennaerts » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 am

hanslennaerts wrote:
Oberon wrote:
hanslennaerts wrote:The server sometimes goes into sleep mode when watching live TV on a MediaCenter client. I believe I read about a similar issue somewhere in this thread. Is this being investigated? The server runs W7 64bit.

You are using HDHomeRun tuners, right?

Yep. To be more precise: a combination of HDHomeRun and Anysee.

So is the issue of going into sleep mode related to HDHomeRun tuners??? Or is it the type of API call that DVBLink uses to try and keep the system awake?
hanslennaerts

Postby yamcenutzer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Oberon wrote:...
Add another TV provider with a regular Astra19.2 transponder file, scan required transponder for channels and add scanned channel(s) to your selected channels.

Ahh, That makes sense, and is in fact pretty elegant. Thanks.
yamcenutzer

Postby yamcenutzer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:23 pm

hanslennaerts wrote:...
So is the issue of going into sleep mode related to HDHomeRun tuners??? Or is it the type of API call that DVBLink uses to try and keep the system awake?

Is it possible to explain in general, how sleeping clients are handled?
I mean not only recording clients, but also when EPG gets pushed to clients that are asleep. From what I have read until now, epg updates are only pulled by WMC clients upon start, and then every x hours. However, if a client only sleeps, but never actually is turned off, and it isn't running at the time the next epg would be pulled, when does it get updated? Will scheduled epg wake up a client?

Thx,
yamcenutzer

Postby PRBUK » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:36 pm

yamcenutzer wrote:From what I have read until now, epg updates are only pulled by WMC clients upon start, and then every x hours.

The EPG information is processed by the dvblink/tvsource server which updates every 12 hours. Connect clients get their configuration from this server. I would guess that when a client machine wakes and the dvblink client service starts, it connects to the server and refreshes as required. Similarly if the server sleeps, the dvblink server service startup processes handle overdue EPG processing. The only thing you cannot do is 'push' EPG data file to a sleeping device, it has to be a pull....
PRBUK

Postby NWW » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 am

I had a couple of bug since last post.

Somehow, one of my Freesat channels (ITV 1 LONDON) pickup the EPG info from another XMLTV file I had. In the epg config, it was correctly linked to the freesat epg. Another (Channel 5) had a Greek epg linked to it (again, other XMLTV file).Solved it only by reinstalling DVBLink 4.5.

Another bug, it doesn't seem to pickup new XMLTV files when I stop the service and start it again. I have an updated file with all the info for some channels, but it still links to my old file with some channels missing.
NWW

Postby Oberon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 am

NWW wrote:I had a couple of bug since last post.

Somehow, one of my Freesat channels (ITV 1 LONDON) pickup the EPG info from another XMLTV file I had. In the epg config, it was correctly linked to the freesat epg. Another (Channel 5) had a Greek epg linked to it (again, other XMLTV file).Solved it only by reinstalling DVBLink 4.5.

Another bug, it doesn't seem to pickup new XMLTV files when I stop the service and start it again. I have an updated file with all the info for some channels, but it still links to my old file with some channels missing.

This is not really a bug - this is a feature. In 4.5 xmltv information is updated once in 12 hours with the date/time of last update stored as a file modification time. To actually force update earlier you need to delete Schedules directory in the xmltv source folder.
Oberon

Postby PRBUK » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 am

Oberon wrote:.....this is a feature. In 4.5 xmltv information is updated once in 12 hours with the date/time of last update stored as a file modification time.

I have just checked my system and I suspect there is a timing bug. I use EPG Collector 3.2 (via the DVBLink plugin) to create an XMLTV file. This is working very well. The most recent file was created at 07:06 this morning and I believe the plugin is also fired every 12 hours. The problem is that the 'schedules' folder has entries at 06:47 - 20 minutes BEFORE the EPG Collector process was fired. So this new EPG data will not be processed until it is nearly 12 hours old - and the EPG will therefore always be 12-24 hours out of date. The log file shows that indeed the old file was processed at 06:47.

Processing of EPG data should at least be linked to follow the execution of the EPG data gathering processes :?
PRBUK

Postby yamcenutzer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:20 am

PRBUK wrote:
yamcenutzer wrote:From what I have read until now, epg updates are only pulled by WMC clients upon start, and then every x hours.

The EPG information is processed by the dvblink/tvsource server which updates every 12 hours. Connect clients get their configuration from this server. I would guess that when a client machine wakes and the dvblink client service starts, it connects to the server and refreshes as required. Similarly if the server sleeps, the dvblink server service startup processes handle overdue EPG processing. The only thing you cannot do is 'push' EPG data file to a sleeping device, it has to be a pull....

I too have a number of guesses, but I would appreciate a confirmation of some kind.

Simple scenario: local TVSource wmc client doing scheduled recordings for a weekly series on a eit-based EPG( only the next 2-3 days available).
. the schedules of client and Server are not synchronized per se
. the server does its 12 hourly update of epg (i hope, it wakes the machine from sleep to do so)
. having done it's update, will server also update the local client?
. machine sleeps again (I hope)
. machine wakes up at another time for recording --> will it now grab latest epg?
. if not, how will it update its recording schedule for the next week?

If, like you suggested, the client also pulls epg after resume, and not only after restart, then the problem would be solved. That is yet to be confirmed (only read about 'restart', not resume)
Also, if the client could do oportunistic scans, the problem would also be solved. That of course requires inband EIT data, which is being suppressed, or some other GDDS Update event.

If the client is a remote client, then we have additional complexity added, which I would discuss in a different thread, once the basics are clarified.
yamcenutzer

Postby Oberon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:29 am

PRBUK wrote:

Yes, this is exactly how it works.
Oberon

Postby NWW » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Oberon wrote:
NWW wrote:I had a couple of bug since last post.

This is not really a bug - this is a feature. In 4.5 xmltv information is updated once in 12 hours with the date/time of last update stored as a file modification time. To actually force update earlier you need to delete Schedules directory in the xmltv source folder.

Oh ok, didn't realize that. It was driving me crazy ^^

Thanks again!

Edit: Just deleted the directory, stopped dvblink_server process and restarted it. Still missing the new channels I added in the xmltv :/
NWW

Postby yamcenutzer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Oberon wrote:
PRBUK wrote:

Yes, this is exactly how it works.

- So a tvsource client (remote or local) will pull updated epg from server (remote or local) whenever it resumes from S3/S4?
- a remote client gracefully handles server unavailability (you already stated, that remote clients do not wake up the server on their own)?

My clients only ever sleep, they are very rarely restarted.
The server definitely restarts even more rarely, and as for now, the tvsource server also runs a local wmc client for recordings.
yamcenutzer

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner