Perc Data EPG Loader has stopped working

Discuss all DVBLink EPG Loader products here!

Perc Data EPG Loader has stopped working

Postby netrbrunet » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:13 am

Several weeks ago I noticed that my Perc Data EPG loader stopped working. The connection test to Perc Data fails the test. "Connection Test Failed" in red.

I have validated that I still have an active Perc Data account, and that the password is correct.

I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of - it just stopped downloading the EPG Data.

I'm using DVBLink 5.1 on Ubuntu 13.10.

Not sure what else could be the problem.
netrbrunet

Re: Perc Data EPG Loader has stopped working

Postby the_man » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:31 am

First of all i need to look at your log files. Set log level to info, restart dvblink server, wait up to 20 minutes and attach zipped log file here.
And just as a recommendation you can make an update of dvblink server and then all of installed packages to V5.5
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby netrbrunet » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 am

Ok, first thing I did was to update to 5.5 in case that solved my problem. Unfortunately, no.
I then set logging to info, and restarted the server. After a few minutes, I went to the browser to test the connection, and it was still failing in the same manner. (In tying to get clean logs, you will also see a shutdown at the end of the log file.)
I've attached the logs, as well as a screenshot of the connection test in case it helps.... I appreciate the help and any insight.
Attachments
Perc_connection_fail.zip
screenshot of failed cnnection test
(73.38 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
dvblink_server.zip
zipped logs
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
netrbrunet

Postby the_man » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:41 am

Can\t say exactly, but looks like your dlrecorder.db is corrupted.
To repair it you can follow that manual:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... er.db_file
Do not forget to stop DVBLink server before manipulating the file.
If it is too difficult for you, please zip the file, upload it to rapidshare or the likes, paste the link here. I will do it for you

Also, check twice your Login/passwd combination at PercData site.
And one more thing - or you had done the screenshot before you have done an update of dvblink server or something went wrong with your installation.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby netrbrunet » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 am

So, these instructions look rather Windows oriented. And I'm running on Ubuntu. I tried to look for ann equivalent instruction set and tool for Ubuntu, but had no luck.

And yes, I had taken that screensot pre-upgrade... curious what you saw that indicated the old version...
I have the main page showing all the 5.5.0 version installed though, so I'm confident those are updated.
netrbrunet

Postby netrbrunet » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:42 am

Ok, so I managed to resolve it.
I tried, for a 4th time, to update my password. And it didn't work.
But as there was little data to re-enter, I simply deleted my PercData source, and re-added it. It works!
Maybe there was some wierd data corruption, or maybe password updates weren't actually occurring (but a fresh connection took a new password), or something else.

Either way, I appeciate your efforts.
netrbrunet

Return to DVBLink EPG Loader products