EPG Loader for PercData Not working

Discuss all DVBLink EPG Loader products here!

EPG Loader for PercData Not working

Postby wiechars » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:48 am

I have installed PercData.
I configured the Source and logged in successfully.
It has been over 3 hours, and it still does not appear as a
After checking some posts - I have uninstalled and reinstalled PercData, waited over and hour, still does not appear on "EPG Sources" drop down, even though its configured.
Checking the "sources" windows directory for PercData-1, the channels.xml file contains this
<?xml verion="1.0" enconding="utf-8"?>
<channels/>

I have tried up to 3 times of uninstalling\reinstalling, rebooting the computer. Not sure what else to try. Any Ideas?
wiechars

Re: EPG Loader for PercData Not working

Postby the_man » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:48 am

Need full log file. If your Poercdata loader has alredy created, Please, set log level to info, restart dvblink server, wait up to 20 minutes and attach zipped log file here.
Also you can check availability of percdata data, ../sources/PercData-1/schedules/, Is there any files?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby wiechars » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:40 am

../source/PercData-1/schedules is empty.

I switched logging to "info". I deleted old log files before starting, so that the logs would be "fresh", when I started DVBLink server, I added the Perc Data resource. I had the same issue where when I go to "EPG Resources" drop down, all that is there is TV-Source. I can see in the logs that "TV-Source" is trying to update with the eit numbers. However, it does look like PercData attempts to do something. Here are the ~25 mins of logs (attached). Still appears that perc-data is doing nothing.
Attachments
dvblink_server.zip
logs
(9.71 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
wiechars

Postby the_man » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:27 am

Maybe i missed something but As far as i saw from log file, dvblink work pretty good.
And you use old version of dvblink server/packages.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=29957
Make an update all of packages and try again. Also you can ask about it at percdata support (maybe something happened with your account)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby wiechars » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Yes - DVBLink works fine. But I do not get PERC Data as an option for my EPG Sources. I only have TV Source there. I will try and upgrade tonight, and see if that helps.

Essentially where I am is as follows :

1. DVBLink works fine
2. Perc installs fine
3. I cannot assing my channels to use Perc
4. Therefore I have no guide.
wiechars

Postby wiechars » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:27 pm

I would like to update this thread - for others that may have issues, and to thank the_man for the assistance.

I was running DVBLink version 5.1 - and the reason I was trying to integrate PercData was I was previously using WMC epg services, and whenever the EPG updated, I was losing channels in my WMC, which then required me to rescan all the channels in and update with GuideTool. After doing so, the guide and channels only remained for about a day, before they disappeared again (*this is what made me think it was related to guide updating). **Note, this did not happen when I went back to dlrecorder instead of mc_recorder. So I decided to cut the tie was WMC and try PercData, but I could never get the source to show up to map my channels.

Per recommendation from the_man I upgraded to 5.5 (was surprised to see !Connect is no longer needed), It seemed in this time my PercData trial had expired, however, my WMC epg source seems to be workig again, and so far I have not lost any channels. As a result, I did not continue down this path anymore, as my previous issue seems resolved.

Thanks for the help!
wiechars

Postby realbigmike » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:38 pm

I am shocked that 5.5 is working for you. Are you using NA providers?
5.5 broke so much for me I lost everything and had to start fresh with 5.1 and scanning channels.
Windows 7 64 DVBlink server 5.5
Windows 7 64bit remote client with DVBlink Network Client
TVsource
Android Client
Raspberry Pi 2 Client is here: http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=28989
realbigmike

Postby wiechars » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:03 pm

realbigmike - At first the upgrade to 5.5 did not go as planned (when I uninstalled !Connect I also uninstalled TVSource - and this caused a lot of problems). So I restored 5.1 (I had a zipped backup folder, and just laid those files down again).

My Successful upgrade was as follows:
1. Uninstall !Connect
2. Run upgrade .bat file
3. Set my recorder to mc_recorder
4. Scan in my channels in WMC
5. Populate EPG using GuideTool
6. ** I did not have to map a wmc guide in DVBLink which seemed weird, it was already populated once I ran GuideTool. It's been 3 days, and still have a guide - all is working well.
wiechars

Postby wiechars » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:04 pm

And yes - I am using NA providers.
wiechars

Return to DVBLink EPG Loader products