How can I get EPG data from Schedules Direct

Discuss all DVBLink EPG Loader products here!

How can I get EPG data from Schedules Direct

Postby tvhelp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:03 am

I have DVBlink setup on my Synology Diskstation and I have an existing account with Schedules Direct. Does anyone know how to get Schedules Direct data into an XMLTV file onto my Diskstation for DBVLink? Or some way to grab that EPG data from them?
tvhelp

Re: How can I get EPG data from Schedules Direct

Postby rmeden » Fri May 01, 2015 12:14 am

It would be a violation of SD's license of the data (and terms of service) to use it with a commercial product like DVBLink.

PERC was created in cooperation with Tribune Media Services (now Gracenote) because Tribune wanted to keep SD for non-commercial applications only.

If you've used SD, I think you'll find PERC very familiar.. (it's based on the same code)

Robert

Disclaimer: I'm president of SD and a partner in PERC.
rmeden

Postby tvhelp » Sun May 03, 2015 5:02 pm

I was just evaluating DVBlogic and did not realized that the TV source functionality is a paid product. I won't be buying it. It needs to come a long way before I say it is worth the price and the need to also buy another scheduling software..

Suggestions to make the software fully functioning...

Ability to record to multiple directories/ different shares depending on recording. I like to break up my recordings so that the drive does not fill up to soon.

I would like my series placed in separate folders for easier identification and would also appreciate if the name of the file could contain episode information:)

Also I would like the ability to extend post recording by individual shows. I tend to do this when sporting events are running overtime to prevent recordings from being cutoff too soon.
tvhelp

Postby realbigmike » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:29 am

The epg data from media center is the same as SD and Perdata. $25/year at SD is the right price point and I am willing to pay that even though media center is still working for free. I see that it is now $30 at percdata, and that is right at the threshold of what I would pay.

If I recall the percdata plugin for dvblink had some bugs and it got pulled. With the death of media center and the free epg data possibly coming to an end, will we see the percdata plugin again? I am willing to pay the subscription fee.
Last edited by realbigmike on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 64 DVBlink server 5.5
Windows 7 64bit remote client with DVBlink Network Client
TVsource
Android Client
Raspberry Pi 2 Client is here: http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=28989
realbigmike

Postby Oberon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 am

realbigmike wrote:The epg data from media center is the same as SD and Perdata. If I recall percdata was $10/mo which was way too expensive, especially since the same data is free from media center. $25/year at SD is the right price point and I am willing to pay that even though media center is still working for free.

http://www.percdata.com/membershiplevels
Oberon

Postby realbigmike » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 am

I looked that up and I editted my post above, as you were writing that Oberon.
I am willing to subscribe to percdata, very happy to see the epg plugin is still there for dvblink.
Windows 7 64 DVBlink server 5.5
Windows 7 64bit remote client with DVBlink Network Client
TVsource
Android Client
Raspberry Pi 2 Client is here: http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=28989
realbigmike

Return to DVBLink EPG Loader products