Program matching

Discuss DVBLink EPG Loader for Digiguide here!

Program matching

Postby tony_park » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi Oberon,

after re-installing windows and having to set up the guide data again, I'd like to check, when you import the epg data, is any program matching being performed to try and stop duplicates from recording?

If not, do you have any plans to implement this functionality?

Using this plugin is much much quicker to implement these days, but then rather than having 70+ programs scheduled to record, last time I tried it, there were closer to 500!

Thanks
Tony
Windows 7 Media Center Embedded in Evolve Media Lifestation
Intel i3, AMD 6450, 4GB,
Dreambox Clone - CCCam 2.1.4,
2xTBS 6981 dual S2 tuner,
Plugin: Acamd 0.6.2.0
TV Source 4.6.0
tony_park

Re: Program matching

Postby karlcarrier » Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm seeing the same problem. I'm also wondering if the guide supports any form of series link. Can anyone provide any information?

I can see that DigiGuide itself shows which series a programme is in, but that does not appear to be transferred to MCE.

As it stands I don't think the solution is workable and worth purchasing as a product.

Karl
karlcarrier

Postby elyl » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Oberon, are you still developing this plugin? There doesn't seem to have been any activity since shortly after it was released.
This issue is the only thing stopping me from buying. At the moment, it seems EPG Collector is better at preventing duplicate recordings - but this plugin has the actual series/episode info available to work with, so should have the potential to work much better.
elyl

Postby Oberon » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:43 pm

elyl wrote:Oberon, are you still developing this plugin? There doesn't seem to have been any activity since shortly after it was released.
This issue is the only thing stopping me from buying. At the moment, it seems EPG Collector is better at preventing duplicate recordings - but this plugin has the actual series/episode info available to work with, so should have the potential to work much better.

No, we are not developing this feature. At least not on short/mid term. Digiguide does provide any flags on new/premiere/re-run etc. And any logic the we may put into that would be fuzzy.
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby elyl » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:50 pm

What about series/episode details, doesn't media center make use of this?
elyl

Postby JamesMcBride » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:48 am

If something could be put in to make this work correctly it would be great.

Surely if the relivent data was passed over to media centre it could work correcly? It did when I was using the MCE guide listings.
Clients: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64Bit x3 Network Clients | WP7.5
Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 | Digital Devices DuoFlex S2 Octopus | DVBLink Connect Server + TV Source 4.5.0 + EPG Loader for Digiguide 4.5.0
Plugin: Acamd
JamesMcBride

Return to DVBLink EPG Loader for Digiguide