Plugin Not Picking Up Digiguide Changes

Discuss all DVBLink EPG Loader products here!

Plugin Not Picking Up Digiguide Changes

Postby Neil__C » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi,

Just tried this and it appeared to work brilliantly. Only problem was no dat for channel 433 Premier Sports. Checking the Digiguide website, it was missing there as well. I emailed them and, as of two days ago, they solved the issue and going to their site now shows full data for that channel.

Unfortunately, the epg data is not showing up in media center. I have tried rebooting my HTPC but still no luck. Any ideas on this one?

Regards
Neil__C

Re: Plugin Not Picking Up Digiguide Changes

Postby Micromecca » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Once you have matched the channel to the EPG Data in DVBLink Server Configuration, open Media Center and Sync Channels via the DVBLink addon in Extras.

rgds
Marty
Server: WHS2011, DD Cine S2, TBS 6981, SkyStar HD2, TVSource 4.5, Connect Server 4.5, Digiguide Plugin 4.5, Acamd.
Clients: 2 x Win7 Media Center, Galaxy S2 (ICS 4.0.3), Motorola Xoom (ICS 4.0.4)
Micromecca

Postby Neil__C » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi - thanks for the reply,

I get that but would point out that the channel was already matched and had been for a longish period of time. It has, after 3 days, finally updated itself. What worries me is if Sky make an EPG change for a programme in the next day or so (as is often the case), I appear to be sure to miss it and I certainly don't intend to 'Sync Channels' 2 or 3 times a day just to be sure.

I was hoping if Oberon or someone could explain why changes to epg data which were apparent on the Digiguide site did not appear in my media center for 3 days.

Thanks again for the reply.

Regards
Neil__C

Postby Micromecca » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:38 am

You don't need to use the sync function for the Guide to update, that is only neccessary when you have made changes to the guide configuration.
The default settings for the plugin are to update every 12 hours and I can confirm that it does update this often, this can be changed with the <update_timeout_hours> value inside digiguide_settings.xml if you want it to be more frequent, but I wouldnt recommend setting this any lower than 3 hours as in my case it takes just a bit less than that to process the whole Sky HD Guide from DigiGuide.

Marty
Server: WHS2011, DD Cine S2, TBS 6981, SkyStar HD2, TVSource 4.5, Connect Server 4.5, Digiguide Plugin 4.5, Acamd.
Clients: 2 x Win7 Media Center, Galaxy S2 (ICS 4.0.3), Motorola Xoom (ICS 4.0.4)
Micromecca

Return to DVBLink EPG Loader products