Percdata and Series/Episode information

Discuss all DVBLink EPG Loader products here!

Percdata and Series/Episode information

Postby 4Crawler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:17 am

I use DvbLink with the TVSource and Percdata add-ons, that's all working fine. I have the recorder settings of ProgramName_Season/Episode_ProgramSubname. What I am seeing though is that when I record a program from a TV series, I get the ProgramName_Episode_ProgramSubname, but no season information.

I use the DvbLink server to feed Kodi media players. In the TV Shows library, I can drop recordings from DvbLink into series folders. I try setting the Kodi media information to Absolute Episode order but it seems that Kodi/TheTVDB will only scrape metadata for shows in the first season, such that the absolute episode number matches the season episode number (i.e. S1E1 = E1).

I'm wondering if I am missing some configuration setting that is preventing DvbLink from saving the season information in the recorded file name? Or does this information come from Percdata with episode-only? I don't see any options in my Perdata account to select anything like this, only my channel lineup. Does DvbLogic have any input with Percdata as to what the content of the data they supply is?

Or is there any way to get Kodi to properly handle absolute episode information? I can look up the absolute episode number for a series on imdb.com, but on thetvdb.com, you can go to the series and select absolute order and you get all the episodes in order, but there's no corresponding absolute episode number (that column is blank). I suspect this is the reason the Kodi media scraper can't match the absolute episode number to the show metadata. It seems this is so close to working except for this one issue.

If this would work, you can get all the rich metadata from the Kodi scrapers added to the TV recordings similar to what Windows Media Center does. You have all the links to actor information, other shows and movies they were in. You can search by genre, year, studio, etc. Without this all you have is a folder full of recordings with a couple of lines of description for each show.
4Crawler

Re: Percdata and Series/Episode information

Postby 4Crawler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:56 pm

I got this reply back from the folks at Perdata:

The Episode data we have is some sort of "producer generated" episode-id. It's not a "normal" season/episode format.... and our data feed doesn't include that very useful format. Sorry.

Has anyone run across a file renaming utility that could convert from absolute episode to season-episode format? For example, if I have a recording named:

Get Smart_E111_The Not-So-Great Escape.ts => Get Smart_S4E25_The Not-So-Great Escape.ts

In this case, season 1 was 30 episodes, season 2 was 30, season 3 was 26, making this Season 4 Episode 25 (111 - 86 = 25). Would be so nice it that could be automated, either by matching the episode title or by subtracting out each season's episode count like above.
4Crawler

Postby btaroli » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:42 am

If such a thing were available it would be sorely appreciated. I use DVBLink in conjunction with PLEX and have to always treat recording folders as "Video" instead of TV for this very reason.
btaroli

Postby 4Crawler » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am

Making a little progress on my own.

I first tried theRenamer and it almost works. Maybe I'm missing a key setting to make it work better. It seems to choke on the _Ennn format, adding the "E" onto the show name. It also has issues with 3 digit episode numbers, treating something like "E102" as Season 1, Episode 2. Now some of the PercData EPG info. does use similar episode format, like E104 for a single season series.

But the other, more promising program, is FileBot. With the one series I tried, it seems to automatically rename files from Ennn to S01E01 format. I need to do more testing with it. It is now a paid program, but only supports WIn10 and MacOS in the fancy GUI drag and drop version. I managed to find a Win8 install image on SourceForge that seems to work. They also have a Synology NAS version (paid?) that might be nice to load up on the NAS media server. That could be accessed from any PC that connects to the NAS.
4Crawler

Postby btaroli » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:34 am

Seems like the CLI would be the best path to integrating, or at least semi-automating.

https://www.filebot.net/cli.html

https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopi ... =215#p1561
btaroli

Return to DVBLink EPG Loader products