no stream for second tuner (VU+ duo)

DVBLink for Dreambox is discussed here!

no stream for second tuner (VU+ duo)

Postby JeroenAlmere » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi all,

I've setup DVBLink Server (5.5.1) on my Synology NAS (DSM 6.0-7321) with the Dreambox source.
The first stream is fine but when selecting a second stream within MCE I'm getting the 'all tuners are in use' warning.
I already tried to configure a second source within DVBLink Server (with the same settings as the first one because of the dual tuner) and reconfigured the tuners in MCE afterwards without any luck.
My VU+ runs the OpenPLI image

what can i do to get my second stream working?
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 (on Synology NAS 415+) | DVBLink for Dreambox (VU+) | DVBLink TV Adviser
Searching for a good working alternative for Windows Media Center (on my HTPC) with a pretty looking and good working movie and music library.
JeroenAlmere

Re: no stream for second tuner (VU+ duo)

Postby the_man » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:32 am

The right configuration is to add (create and configure two TVSources, could be the Master - slave configuration) and then configure all your dvblink clients.
Just for tests try to follow next steps:

- Open the Monitoring Tab at the DVBLink web-UI

- install and launch the VLC player and press the combination Ctrl+N
- in the "Please, enter a Network URL" enter: http://ip-of-your-server:8100/mobile/?command=get_playlist_m3u
- start to play channel ...

- launch the new VLC player (the first one should play Live TV) and press the combination Ctrl+N
- in the "Please, enter a Network URL" enter: http://ip-of-your-server:8100/mobile/?command=get_playlist_m3u
- start to play another channel ...

What the results? What do you see at the Monitoring tab?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby JeroenAlmere » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you for your reply the_man!

When i follow your instructions i'm getting the message: 'Sorry, all tuners are currently occupied by other clients' in my second window from VLC?
But: When i stream one channel in mediacenter i can also watch another channel directly on my VU+..
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 (on Synology NAS 415+) | DVBLink for Dreambox (VU+) | DVBLink TV Adviser
Searching for a good working alternative for Windows Media Center (on my HTPC) with a pretty looking and good working movie and music library.
JeroenAlmere

Postby the_man » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:04 am

Please, make and attach a screenshot of the Sources tab and the Monitoring tab during the playing LiveTV

Also, Set log level to info, restart dvblink server, reproduce the issue and attach zipped log files.
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... _log_files
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby JeroenAlmere » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Story is getting more crazier..
I've changed my 'Log level' to info as requested, restarted my NAS. Waited untill my NAS came back online, my DVBLink Server didn't start automaticly (however the package center has given me the status enabled and active).
I've stopped DVBLink through the package center, and started it again. Then DVBLink was reachable through the IP address it was before.

Now, when I open a stream in VLC Player:
- CTRL+N
- using URL: http://192.168.1.100:8100/mobile/?comma ... aylist_m3u

I'm getting little thumbnails, but no stream anymore.

After visiting the webinterface op DVBLink again it doesn't show up anymore. I need to restart the service again in the Package Center of DSM.
Is the installation of my DVBLink corrupt? Do I need to reinstall the package (does that help?)
Attachments
dvblink-log-20160408-2102.zip
logs
(43.55 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
2.PNG
Sources
2.PNG (7.2 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
1.PNG
Sources
1.PNG (14.39 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
JeroenAlmere

Postby JeroenAlmere » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:18 pm

I'm still confused and cannot get the two streams working and that is somewhat frustrating
I've already reinstalled my whole NAS, with DVBLink Server 6.0 (two times) and my computer (two times). I also reconfigured DVBLink several times.

1) I've installed DVBLink Dreambox (6.0)
2) Added one source and connected it to the IP address of my VU+ duo (192.168.1.101) (automaticly named Dreambox-1)
3) Added a second source and connected it to the same IP address (automaticly named Dreambox-2)
4) Changed to Channels, added my favorite channels for Dreambox-1
5) Switched to 'advanced mode'
6) Selected `Channel Merge` (by name) and Saved settings (looks like nothing happened)

Now I've checked 'Chanel selection', hovered my cursor above 'Dreambox-1' and 'Dreambox-2', both saying 'independent source'.
Within 'Selected Sources' only my 'Dreambox-1' is mentioned.

When opening DVBLink viewer on my notebook a stream starts playing
When opening a stream on my windows mediacenter it says 'all tuners are occupied'

Every second stream does give this warning 'all tuners are occupied'.

What have I done wrong?
I did not found any master/slave setting for my two sources on the 'Sources'-tab?
JeroenAlmere

Postby the_man » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Please, try to play two channels and go to Monitoring tab, is there a second stream? (screenshot please)
the_man

Return to DVBLink for Dreambox