Dreambox (clone) with one tuner only.

DVBLink for Dreambox is discussed here!

Dreambox (clone) with one tuner only.

Postby jenspr » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:02 am

I managed to get things going.

But I found out that I can only access the channel that is actually watched on the Dreambox (I have DVB-C).
To watch any other channel DVBLink should tell the Dreambox to switch channel. But it seems not to do that.

Is this the expected behaviour? Does that mean DVBLink is only usefull on Dreambox if I have two or more tuners. (As I cannot free up the tuner that the Dreambox uses itself to produce the output on HDMI).

I double checke with a app (Blackbox) on the iphone that streams directly. There there is an option what the app should do on channel switch (mirror etc.).

I tried to find the answer here in the forum, but did not find a good answer to this :(
Can someone help here?
jenspr

Re: Dreambox (clone) with one tuner only.

Postby the_man » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:22 am

To be honest i don't understand what do you mean "To watch any other channel DVBLink should tell the Dreambox to switch channel. But it seems not to do that." So disable all other software which require connection to Dreambox, and instead them use DVBLink clients.
If you have installed DVBLink Dreambox source and have configured it, you can work with drembox only via dvblink ( operate with any of dvblink clients )
If you have some additional tuners ( for instance TVButler USB stick) you need to install DVBLink TV Source. With this one you can connect and use a lot of tuners at the same time.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby jenspr » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:38 am

I will try to explain it a little bit better.

My Dreambox has only one tuner. And as far as I know I cannot disable permanent live TV that comes out of the HDMI port. Even if I disconnect any TV.
This made be wonder if one tuner is always occupied on a Dreambox and not free'd up.

When I use DVBlink, I do see the full list of channels but no matter which one I try to watch they all do not work. (The Dreambox does not tune to the new channel, which I think should happen when DVBLink asks for a stream of a different channel than the Dreambox is currently tuned to.)

The only channel that works via DVBLink is the one that the Dreambox is tuned-in on. When I switch (by the remote control of the Dreambox) to a different channel. That one works with DVBLink and any other not.

To me it looks like a) either DVBLink is not switching the Dreambox to the new channel that is requested. Or b) the whole concept is based on a Dreambox having more than one tuner, so that one is occupied by the Dreamboxs HDMI all the time and there is a spare one remaining.?!

Hope this is a little bit more clear what I tried to say... ?! Maybe I am doing something fundamentally wrong here? :(
jenspr

Postby the_man » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:51 am

Ok, now, seems I understood what you mean. Just disable HDMI, reboot Dreambox.
At dvblink side, in web configurator, settings tab, set log level to info, restart dvblink server, reproduce the issue and attach zipped log file here.
Also What dvblink client do you use? And please, attach screenshot of DreamBox Configuration page (Sources -> TV Sources tab-> Configure)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Oberon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:04 pm

I think you just need to put dreambox into standby and then it should start working.
Oberon

Postby jenspr » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:09 pm

I will check this out right in the afternoon when I get home.
Many thanks. :)
jenspr

Return to DVBLink for Dreambox