Why DVBLink+Dreambox?

DVBLink for Dreambox is discussed here!

Why DVBLink+Dreambox?

Postby jenspr » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 am

Sorry, I might have overlooked some things? But from reading the manuals and how-to I got that this part of DVBLink allows to connect to the Dreambox built-in tuners and use them for watching TV anywhere on the network.

Is this correct so far?

From what I know the Dreambox (and clones) do already have apps to watch on the smart phone and/or the nextwork. So what is the advantage to have DVBLink in between?

Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I did not get it and want to learn more.
jenspr

Re: Why DVBLink+Dreambox?

Postby the_man » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:37 am

Sorry, I might have overlooked some things? But from reading the manuals and how-to I got that this part of DVBLink allows to connect to the Dreambox built-in tuners and use them for watching TV anywhere on the network.

Is this correct so far?

Yes, it is. You will be able watch and record channels when you want it and where you want it. Also you can install additional packages to get richer EPG data and/or Adviser feature

From what I know the Dreambox (and clones) do already have apps to watch on the smart phone and/or the nextwork. So what is the advantage to have DVBLink in between?

I guess it's depend on what exactly you need, with dvblink you will get much more interesting features and pretty good TV Guide ... also you will be able watch your TV and Recordings with any of supported clients ...
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/DVBL ... er_clients
And you can try it by yourself with full trial license for 20 days
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Re: Why DVBLink+Dreambox?

Postby jenspr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Thank you, this was good information.
jenspr

Return to DVBLink for Dreambox