EPG Refresh?

DVBLink for Dreambox is discussed here!

EPG Refresh?

Postby samukas » Wed May 07, 2014 9:00 pm

I’m currently using the Trial of DVBLink for Dreambox. I’m not using an actual Dreambox, I’m using a Goldenmedia Hypercube with OpenWebIf (although it’s not officially one of the officially supported models).

Recordings and Live TV are triggered properly, but my concern is mainly with the EPG. It seems that EPG grabs are a bit hit and miss with most of the times (not having current and future information for some channels), I’m unsure what DVBLink is doing in the background, does it force the receiver to grab the EPG for all mapped channels or do I have to do something in the receiver itself to always have the EPG update and, thus, able to ‘serve it’ to DVBLink when requested.

If you could enlighten me, I’d appreciate it. I’m running 4.7.0 as it’s the latest stable, but if you let me know that there have been updated in this area in v5 Beta, I’d gladly upgrade.
samukas

Re: EPG Refresh?

Postby Oberon » Thu May 08, 2014 9:30 am

DVBLink grabs from Dreambox whatever EPG information is available at the time of EPG update.
The responsibility to actually scan EPG is outside of DVBLink functionality and here DVBLink depends on the dreambox behavior.
I do not know how often and on which circumstances dreambox (re)scans EPG, so it is difficult for me to say what the reason for the issue is.
Oberon

Return to DVBLink for Dreambox