VU+ as TV-Receiver

DVBLink for Dreambox is discussed here!

VU+ as TV-Receiver

Postby kotsch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:48 am

Hi, I'm looking for a solution to stream my TV-signal through my house. Looking through your page I have a couple of basic questions how to realize it. I'm not a technically freak.

Here is my environment:

I receive digital TV by Satelite using my VU+ Solo2 STB. This dreambox has a 500GB store which is enough for me to record moovies or music.
The Solo2 is connected via Lan to my Fritzbox 7390.
In another room, I don't have Lan but Wifi is reachable.

In this room I have another Smart-TV and a PS3 console.
My question is, how to stream the Solo2 signal or the recorded moovies on it to the Smart-TV ? Or if this is not possible, to my PS3 console ?

Is your software / hardware prepared for this ? What do I need to realize the scenario ?
Am I completely wrong thinking you are my right point of contact ?
kotsch

Re: VU+ as TV-Receiver

Postby Oberon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:07 pm

To realize your scenario with DVBLink you need a compatible NAS or a PC to run DVBLink for Dreambox product. Also you need OpenPli image on your VU+ Solo2.
Oberon

Postby kotsch » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:25 am

It is much easier: I installed the Plugin medaitomb on my vu+, that's all. The PS3 now displays the moovie folder.
kotsch

Postby samwood » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Oberon wrote:To realize your scenario with DVBLink you need a compatible NAS or a PC to run DVBLink for Dreambox product. Also you need OpenPli image on your VU+ Solo2.

If I understand aright, i can use DVBLink for Dreambox on a Synology NAS also with other Enigma²/OpenPli-Sat-Receivers like VU+ (Duo² or VU+ Solo²) or Edision Argus VIP?
I want to use that in combination with a XBMC-Client (on OpenElec), which connects to NAS using the DVBLogic XBMC Addon (because of the timeshift function).
Could you recommend a Enigma²/OpenPli-Sat-Receiver for that scenario?
Can i use the DVBLink for Dreambox also with 2 or more Enigma²/OpenPli-Sat-Receivers, for example a VU+ Solo² and a Edision Argus VIP (if want to add tuners to my system)?
Thanks in advance.
samwood

Postby Oberon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:10 am

DVBLink for Dreambox should work properly with any receiver as long as it runs OpenPli image. You can use more than one receiver.
Oberon

Return to DVBLink for Dreambox