'Weak TV Signal' error in WMC.

DVBLink for Dreambox is discussed here!

'Weak TV Signal' error in WMC.

Postby mdscarrott » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi

Over the last couple of weeks i have started to get a ' Weak TV Signal' error in WMC. This happens on all our HTPCs all running Win7.
All channles are streamed from three dreamboxes we use for satellite signal.

It seems to be random, sometimes as soon as you tune to a channel, sometimes after a few minutes. Once the error occurs I can change channel up and then down again to return to the original channel and everything is fine for a few more minutes, then the same problem again.

We use DVBLink and three HTPCs in the house as our only source of TV and this is driving the wife crazy as she can't watch anything and is going to miss her favorite programs over Christmas. I am not popular with her at the moment because of this, please help.

Log set to info and attached.

Many thanks
Matt
Attachments
dvblink-log-20131222-1734.zip
(125.69 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
mdscarrott

Re: 'Weak TV Signal' error in WMC.

Postby Oberon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Are your dreamboxes using DHCP? Or MCE clients? What is the IP address lease time that is set in the router?
Oberon

Postby mdscarrott » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi Oberon,

Thank you for the reply.

Dreamboxes are fixed IP. The MCE clients were DHCP with a 24hr lease time. I have now adjusted to have it so the WME clients are also static IP and still having the same problems.

To try to eradicate the problem i have today updated all the channels on the Dreamboxes and test by playing directly with no problems. I have then re-added these sources and re-selected the channels (taking many hours to get them how i want them) and unfortunately i have the same problem.

This happens when using WMC on the TV server machine as well.

I have also tried this with 3 different routers now of different brands both with a modem/router in one and a separate modem and separate router set up.

Merry Christmas
Matt
mdscarrott

Postby mdscarrott » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Oberon,

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Many thanks
Matt
mdscarrott

Postby wally007 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:56 pm

I also started to get Weak TV signal in my MCE since i added Dreambox into the mix. It does not happen everyday though. Maybe 2-3 times per week.

I'm using Dreambox -> TV Server (windows 7) -> TV client (windows 7).
All computers as well as Dreambox have Static IP.
All computers as well as Dreambox are connected to Cisco SG300-28 switch and I dont have any packets lost in the logs.
I've checked event log in the server/client PCs but I could not see anything wrong.

Should I provide logs from Server or Client ( if there are any ) ?

EDIT :
Looking at the logs in the first post, there is one thing we have in common. In my logs I also have Digiguide plugin updating at the same time i get WEAK TV SIGNAL as well as you. Can you try to catch logs next time you get WEAK TV SIGNAL and write down exact time you lost signal.
I will do the same.
wally007

Postby Bold1342 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 am

I've been getting this weak TV signal error for weeks. Sometimes 5 plus times each night and had many failed TV recordings.

I rolled back from windows 8.1 to windows 7 thinking 8.1 was the cause.

I have not had the weak TV signal issue until tonight when I configured digiguide EPG source. So looks like digiguide EPG plugin has a nasty bug!

I hope this bug gets fixed soon

David
Bold1342

Postby Oberon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:46 pm

The bug (if there is any) will not be fixed until we reproduce it.
Set log level to info and upload log files when the weak signal issue happens next time. Do not forget to note the exact time when it happened so that it can be compared with the contents of the log files.
Oberon

Postby mdscarrott » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Right guys - looks like we might be making some progress. :D

I have just had a freeze and then weak signal error at approx 20:12 or 20:13 and checked the log and this is when the digiguide stuff is running in the log which is attached.

I am so please that we have identified a trend! Well done wally007 and Bold1342 and as ever thanks Oberon for the product and your support.

Cheers
Matt
Attachments
dvblink-log-20140103-2013.zip
(235.03 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
mdscarrott

Postby mdscarrott » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Grabbed another log on the next freeze and error i got. I had the system tray clock open on the server so i could see exactly when it happened.
It was at 20:49:37

Again this related to digiguide in the log. This first log was taken a couple of seconds after the error. The second log was taken to show what happened afterwards.

Matt
Attachments
dvblink-log-20140103-2051.zip
(236.66 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
dvblink-log-20140103-2049.zip
(236.59 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
mdscarrott

Postby Bold1342 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:41 am

Hi

I experienced the weak TV signal issue last night between 23:09 and 23:11 (3RD JAN)

Attached log as requested

I'm using Dreambox -> DVB link Server with dreambox tv source and digiguide add on (all on windows 7 x64) -> TV client (windows 7 media Center). No other clients used.
Using Static IP for PC and dreambox
Computer as well as my dreambox are connected to Linksys EA7600 switch and I don't have any packets lost in the logs.

Hope this helps
Attachments
dvblink_server.rar
(10.93 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
Bold1342

Postby Oberon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Bold1342 wrote:Hi

I experienced the weak TV signal issue last night between 23:09 and 23:11 (3RD JAN)

Attached log as requested

I'm using Dreambox -> DVB link Server with dreambox tv source and digiguide add on (all on windows 7 x64) -> TV client (windows 7 media Center). No other clients used.
Using Static IP for PC and dreambox
Computer as well as my dreambox are connected to Linksys EA7600 switch and I don't have any packets lost in the logs.

Hope this helps

Actually someone or something has stopped DVBLink server at 23:09:14 (manual stop or system restart/shutdown). That's why you had weak TV signal and it has nothing to do with the Digiguide update.
Oberon

Postby Oberon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:07 pm

mdscarrott wrote:Grabbed another log on the next freeze and error i got. I had the system tray clock open on the server so i could see exactly when it happened.

Again this related to digiguide in the log. This first log was taken a couple of seconds after the error. The second log was taken to show what happened afterwards.

Matt

Stream from a dreambox stops because dreambox returns error when asked for the next stream portion.
We will build a custom version with additional logging next week.
Oberon

Postby mdscarrott » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Oberon wrote:
mdscarrott wrote:Grabbed another log on the next freeze and error i got. I had the system tray clock open on the server so i could see exactly when it happened.

Matt

Stream from a dreambox stops because dreambox returns error when asked for the next stream portion.
We will build a custom version with additional logging next week.

Thanks Oberon, much appreciated.
mdscarrott

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Please use the files from the attached zip. They have some more logging to see what exactly happens.
Attachments
dreambox_07012014.zip
(624.47 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Oberon

Postby wally007 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Oberon wrote:Please use the files from the attached zip. They have some more logging to see what exactly happens.

Is there anything to change on the client side or is the 'update' only for Server ?
wally007

Next

Return to DVBLink for Dreambox