Opening TV recordings is very slow

General discussion about DVBLink products

Opening TV recordings is very slow

Postby Jonir » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:01 am

In general I have no system performance problems with my DVBLink setup - but opening the TV recordings tab is super slow. It typically takes between 30-60 seconds, sometimes more. Once the list of recordings is shown there are no problems and it is fast to play a specific recording.

I am using the DVBLink client on Windows and on IOS, and I use the MRMC client on the appleTV. It is the exact same problem on all clients with similar load times when opening the list of recordings. So the problem must be on the server.

The dvblink server (6.0.0) is running on a windows server and the recordings are stored on 2 RAID 1 8Gb disks, the RAID is done by the motherboard of the windows server. I have in average 200-400 (1,5-3 TB) recordings in the recording folder. The whole family are using the server, so a lot of recordings, and I normally delete files older than 6-8 weeks. I delete the files directly in the folder (deleting file by file in the UI takes forever), and the server seems to accept fine that files are deleted manually from the folder.

Is 30-60 seconds normal load time for opening the tv recordings tab when having 200-400 recordings? I hope not, because it is really annoying.

If not normal, how can I solve this? How can I troubleshoot this?

We are quite happy with DVBLINK, but this is really a killer.
Jonir

Re: Opening TV recordings is very slow

Postby the_man » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:17 am

NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to General