XMLTV EPG Downloader by @BrewskyAZ

General discussion about DVBLink products

XMLTV EPG Downloader by @BrewskyAZ

Postby the_man » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Our forum member @BrewskyAZ has shared with us a powershell script with a batch file to download EPG data from IPTV Providers automatically for the use.
See attachment.

PS. It is not tested by DVBLogic team.
XMLTV Link Grabber .zip
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Last edited by the_man on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...

Re: XMLTV EPG Downloader by @BrewskyAZ

Postby BrewskyAZ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:05 pm

OK - I noticed the task scheduler wasn't updating my XML file. So I have had to make a tweak.

Change the downloadxml.ps1 file using your favorite text editor (I use Notepad++)
- change the line: copy-item $CurrentLocation\retrievedXML.xml $CurrentLocation\xmltv.xml
- to: xcopy $CurrentLocation\retrievedXML.xml $CurrentLocation\xmltv.xml /R /Y

1) Change task scheduler to run powershell.exe
2) Add the following arguments:-noprofile -executionpolicy bypass -file C:\ProgramData\DVBLogic\DVBLink\xmltv\downloadxml.ps1
3) Add the following to Start In (Optional): C:\ProgramData\DVBLogic\DVBLink\xmltv
4) Save it.

I have the following options selected:
General Tab: Select the "Run whether user is logged on or not" and "Run with highest privileges"
Triggers: On a schedule: One Time with Repeat task every: 1 hour for duration of Indefinitely - make sure Enabled is checked
Conditions: set to match what you need
Settings: set to match what you need

Save the settings.

Now, delete the getXML.bat file. It is no longer needed.

Good luck and I will get notified to this thread if there are any comments.

Return to General