Is this Product Still Supported

General discussion about DVBLink products

Re: Is this Product Still Supported

Postby ampeer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Good to see that you are improving the software! I highly appreciate a new server software!

Unfortunately I do not not operate a single Windows system in my home. Meaning that I cannot test the server but I will as soon as the Synology NAS version is available. How about providing it in a Docker container as a first step?

From what I understand the LIVE App does not rely on the server though? Meaning that I can try it on my Android device accessing the Octopus Net SAT>IP tuners? But there won't be an option for timeshift and recordings? Will the LIVE app be able to use the server if available to handle recordings, channel settings and timeshift?
Tuner: DigitalDevices Octopus NET V2 S2 Max SAT>IP 8x
Server: TVSource&TVAdvisorDE Ver.6 on Synology DS716+II DSM6
Client: Kodi17 on NvidiaShield
ampeer

Postby ampeer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:41 pm

I just recognize that there are two Android Apps. The one called "Live" is designed for standalone with direct tuner access (but w/o recordings), the other one works together with the server and is full featured? Is this right?
ampeer

Postby Oberon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:12 pm

ampeer wrote:I just recognize that there are two Android Apps. The one called "Live" is designed for standalone with direct tuner access (but w/o recordings), the other one works together with the server and is full featured? Is this right?

Correct. The Live! app is a standalone Android player app that works with IPTV, HDHomeRun, SAT>IP and TVButler tuners (it works very nicely with your Octopus.NET tuner, by the way). It is free and handy when you just need to watch TV on your mobile/android player.
There will be a paid version of the app with timeshifting, channel logos, full epg and xmltv support.
Oberon

Postby ampeer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Indeed! It works flawlessly out of the box! Thanks for the hint!

Just one remark: it is helpful to disable all found channels (>800 on Astra 19.2E) but activating the preferred channels is no fun when you need to scroll through the unordered list. An alphabetic sort or even a grouping by provider (as in the legacy DVBLink server) would be very convenient.
ampeer

Postby Oberon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 pm

ampeer wrote:Indeed! It works flawlessly out of the box! Thanks for the hint!

Just one remark: it is helpful to disable all found channels (>800 on Astra 19.2E) but activating the preferred channels is no fun when you need to scroll through the unordered list. An alphabetic sort or even a grouping by provider (as in the legacy DVBLink server) would be very convenient.

They are sorted alphabetically (as far as I remember, I will check monday) and you can filter/select channels by their transponder on channels visibility left side pane (if you know frequencies where your channels are). Also, you can use desktop TVMosaic app to set up your Android phone/player :)
But, seriously, we also plan to add search by name to the visibility page.
Oberon

Postby pklogic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:12 am

@Oberon: I watch Ziggo Cable TV with Windows Media Software and your existing DVBLink TV Source server software and the following equipment:
Windows 7 PC with:
> - Digital Devices DVB-C/T 4-tuner
> - Alphacrypt Classic CAM module

My TV tuners are not mentioned in any of your posts. My question now is: will my current setup work with any of your new software?
pklogic

Postby Oberon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 am

pklogic wrote:@Oberon: I watch Ziggo Cable TV with Windows Media Software and your existing DVBLink TV Source server software and the following equipment:
Windows 7 PC with:

My TV tuners are not mentioned in any of your posts. My question now is: will my current setup work with any of your new software?

Yes, if it works with dvblink on Windows, it should run perfectly ok with TVMosaic.
Oberon

Postby uthall » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:07 am

When will Synology NAS version be available?
uthall

Postby Oberon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:17 am

uthall wrote:When will Synology NAS version be available?

somewhere next week.
Oberon

Postby pklogic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Oberon wrote:
pklogic wrote:@Oberon: I watch Ziggo Cable TV with Windows Media Software and your existing DVBLink TV Source server software and the following equipment:
Windows 7 PC with:

Yes, if it works with dvblink on Windows, it should run perfectly ok with TVMosaic.

Thanks. If I want to try it out, am I then in risk of messing up my current configuration?
pklogic

Postby Oberon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:11 pm

pklogic wrote:Thanks. If I want to try it out, am I then in risk of messing up my current configuration?

Zero. TVMosaic runs perfectly fine alongside DVBLink. Just stop DVBLink server so that it does not access the tuners.
Oberon

Postby pklogic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Thanks. I will test in the next days and report back.
Ps: might be worth adding Digital Devices to your list of supported tuners.

Edit: on second thought, I will hold testing for now. There is no recording feature yet and until this is implemented, there is no use case for me.
pklogic

Postby btaroli » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:11 am

No recording feature yet? Hmm. Yeah DVR is precisely why I use DVBLink. But the food news is that DVBLink still works. Will be interesting to see how TVMosaic evolves.

Since DVBLink now seems to have a shelf-life I may also consider other options like Plex’s DVR. Do we know how TVMosaic is intending to differentiate? I know PLEX, for example, doesn’t have IPTV support.
btaroli

Postby Oberon » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 am

btaroli wrote:No recording feature yet? Hmm. Yeah DVR is precisely why I use DVBLink. But the food news is that DVBLink still works. Will be interesting to see how TVMosaic evolves.

Since DVBLink now seems to have a shelf-life I may also consider other options like Plex’s DVR. Do we know how TVMosaic is intending to differentiate? I know PLEX, for example, doesn’t have IPTV support.

Yes, it has a recording feature. Read further for the details.
Oberon

Postby daurora58 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:54 pm

@Oberon - Concerning the EPG functionality for this new product, please note that I would not be in favour of having to pay a monthly/yearly fee, for this service. The present TV Source (Vers. 6) has a perfectly working interface with a free third-party EPG service; for the North American region.

For the new product that you are presently developing, I am requesting that you offer the user a choice comprised of the current TV Source (Vers. 6) EPG solution or purchasing a subscription service.

Thanks,
daurora
daurora58

PreviousNext

Return to General