Is this Product Still Supported

General discussion about DVBLink products

Re: Is this Product Still Supported

Postby Oberon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:59 pm

daurora58 wrote:@Oberon - Concerning the EPG functionality for this new product, please note that I would not be in favour of having to pay a monthly/yearly fee, for this service. The present TV Source (Vers. 6) has a perfectly working interface with a free third-party EPG service; for the North American region.

For the new product that you are presently developing, I am requesting that you offer the user a choice comprised of the current TV Source (Vers. 6) EPG solution or purchasing a subscription service.

Thanks,
daurora

If you are referring to PercData, then it should be ok - we are in discussion with them to offer xmltv download service, which you can use with TVMosaic.
I suggest that you contact them as well to check the availability and put a bit of urgency on the request ;)
Oberon

Postby Traxx » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Well well... So I just let Acronis run on my Server and took a look at it. Seems that it still has many features - the Settings/Recordings - section still looks like in DVBLink. :)

I'm not doing any live testing as the server is too busy at the moment (monday seems to be TV-day in germany - lots of good stuff sun evening to catch up and mon to record).
Just to be sure:
I set the tvmosiac service to manual and shut it down. So I'm fine for now.
For testing shut the dvblink_server down and can do a channel search in tvmosaic, without it doing any harm to my productive dvblink-server, and then just switch back to dvblink_server, right?
Traxx

Postby Oberon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Traxx wrote:Just to be sure:
I set the tvmosiac service to manual and shut it down. So I'm fine for now.
For testing shut the dvblink_server down and can do a channel search in tvmosaic, without it doing any harm to my productive dvblink-server, and then just switch back to dvblink_server, right?

Correct.
Oberon

Postby Traxx » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Oberon wrote:Correct.

Nice :) Really looking forward in doing some beta testing and feeding it the current dvblink-workload. ;)
I'll keep you posted in the other forum
Traxx

Postby daurora58 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 pm

Oberon wrote
If you are referring to PercData, then it should be ok - we are in discussion with them to offer xmltv download service, which you can use with TVMosaic.
I suggest that you contact them as well to check the availability and put a bit of urgency on the request ;)

What I presently do to refresh the XMLTV file for the TV Source (Vers. 6.0) is run a daily server script that invokes Zap2XML and scrapes TVGuide dot com (for my area). This is very stable and I hope to continue with this process in the future, for TV Mosaic and/or any other future DVR solutions.

daurora
daurora58

Postby Oberon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:56 pm

daurora58 wrote:Oberon wrote

What I presently do to refresh the XMLTV file for the TV Source (Vers. 6.0) is run a daily server script that invokes Zap2XML and scrapes TVGuide dot com (for my area). This is very stable and I hope to continue with this process in the future, for TV Mosaic and/or any other future DVR solutions.

daurora

Then it is no issue at all. TVMosaic supports xmltv loading the same way as DVBLink does.
Oberon

Postby Oberon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:58 pm

TVMosaic beta 1.5 brings support for MacOS, Ubuntu/Debian and Raspberry Pi platforms:
https://forum.tv-mosaic.com/
Oberon

Previous

Return to General