Is DVBLink compatible with Shaw Direct Satellite TV

General discussion about DVBLink products

Is DVBLink compatible with Shaw Direct Satellite TV

Postby Goldbug » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi, as you see I am new to DVBLink and this forum.

I am not sure if I post my question in the right part of this forum. If not, sorry!

I found DVBlink products browsing apps on my Synology 713+ NAS running DS6.1.
My home network is working fine and can stream to 2 smart TV. A Panasonic VT60 and a Samsung UN46ES6100.

I live in Canada and receive TV signal from Shaw Direct satellite service. The signal is received by Arris HDDR 600 satellite box connected to TV via hdmi cables. On TV is linked to a Yamaha Rxa-2010 audio/video receiver. I have no issues with interconnexion and streaming from Synology to both TV and Yamaha receivers. The satellite box is connected to a slingbox 500 which allows me to watch my TV away from home.

I would like to add capacity to record TV shows to my Synology with DVBLink app.

Is this possible? What DVBlink product do i need to receive the satellite signal.

Many thanks
Goldbug

Re: Is DVBLink compatible with Shaw Direct Satellite TV

Postby the_man » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:28 pm

If you do receive a Free To Air signal then yes, you may build a Home TV Server with DVBlink On the NAS, otherwise you will need a receiver sat2ip, with CI and Card for decryption your channels.
Or, if you may get an m3u list from your current sat boxes, you may try to use the DVBLink IPTV Source package.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to General