DVBLink Scheduler for Windows

General discussion about DVBLink products

Re: DVBLink Scheduler Beta 0.9.116 (20161214)(Windows instal

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:00 pm

I have tried everything to replicate your issue on my computer but I was not successful. The only thing I could think of is if there is a javascript file missing or being blocked for some reason. Could you try uninstalling and do a new install of the WebUI?
Jake

Re: DVBLink Scheduler for Windows

Postby BrewskyAZ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Jake,

I have installed your application (Windows 10 Professional) and am getting an error.

"Something went wrong...System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect net.tcp://localhost:50404/DVBLinkSchedulerService/. The connection attempt lasted for a span of 00:00:02.0043557. TCP error code 10061: No connection .... because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:50404."

I added the firewall rule to accept any connection to port 50404, same result. I turned off my firewall completely and still get the error.

I downloaded and installed .NET 4.6.1, but the application says I have a new release installed.

What can I do?

Thanks!
BrewskyAZ

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:05 am

BrewskyAZ wrote:Jake,

I have installed your application (Windows 10 Professional) and am getting an error.

"Something went wrong...System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect net.tcp://localhost:50404/DVBLinkSchedulerService/. The connection attempt lasted for a span of 00:00:02.0043557. TCP error code 10061: No connection .... because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:50404."

I added the firewall rule to accept any connection to port 50404, same result. I turned off my firewall completely and still get the error.

I downloaded and installed .NET 4.6.1, but the application says I have a new release installed.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Are you running the client or the WebUI?

Is the client/WebUI running on the same machine as the server?

Try running the server as administrator. Windows 10 requires the server application to register the listening port and if this fails for some reason it will not connect.
Jake

Postby TonVH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Downloaded most recent versions (today) on a new fresh Win 10 installation (running under VMware Fusion).

Server installs with no problems.

However WebUI but when within Win using Chrome all I see are the header files (see attachment) but no contents, same when I use Safari on another system in the network.

Another strange thing IWebUI & Client) is that it shows recordings that do not exist i.e. were never made and could not be since I created this Win10 today but it claims recordings of last year. The "real" DVBlink also has no recordings. So how can this be. When I order to delete then it says "deleted" but they still show.

Also strange is that the Server says to use port 50405 but the Client is set to port 50404.

Installed all (from Win and up from scratch) twice and both time these weird results.
Attachments
screenshot_61.png
screenshot_61.png (141.85 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
TonVH

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pm

TonVH wrote:Downloaded most recent versions (today) on a new fresh Win 10 installation (running under VMware Fusion).

Server installs with no problems.

However WebUI but when within Win using Chrome all I see are the header files (see attachment) but no contents, same when I use Safari on another system in the network.

Another strange thing IWebUI & Client) is that it shows recordings that do not exist i.e. were never made and could not be since I created this Win10 today but it claims recordings of last year. The "real" DVBlink also has no recordings. So how can this be. When I order to delete then it says "deleted" but they still show.

Also strange is that the Server says to use port 50405 but the Client is set to port 50404.

Installed all (from Win and up from scratch) twice and both time these weird results.

The server can only list content from the DVBLink server you enter in the server window. Maybe you have multiple DVBLink servers and you are linking to the wrong one? If the DVBLink server is on the same computer as the Scheduler server then you can enter the IP address 127.0.0.1.

If you can see recordings in the webUI that aren't on the DVBLink server then you probably have a sync problem. The Scheduler server caches the information it receives from the DVBLink server and if you change DVBLink servers you will end up with a sync problem. The easiest way is then to shut down the Scheduler server and rename this file:
C:\ProgramData\DVBLink Scheduler\DVBLink.Scheduler.Server.db

Then start up the server again. Keep in mind that existing schedules will be removed when doing this.

As for the empty content in the EPG, it could be that you haven't numbered the channels in the DVBLink server.

Regarding the ports... the webUI client acts as a web server and listening ports have to be unique on a system. That's why the server is running on 50404 and the webUI is running on 50405.

If this doesn't help I can try to help you via a remote control application.
Jake

Postby TonVH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:41 pm

For the time being I have simplified the problem and tightened my focus. Case being as follows: (using full names to prevent misunderstanding)

DVBlink Server (the one from DVBlogic) is running (perfectly) on a Mac within the local Network.
DVBlink Scheduler Server is running on Win 10 as administrator.
DVBlink Scheduler Client apparently works fine for all functions (up and including scheduling, recording, playing).
DVBlink Scheduler WebUI is running as administrator.

Using the link within WebUI starts "localhost:50405" within Chrome. Here all I see is the header (shown earlier) containing "EPG Search Scheduled ......".

Since the Client shows all EPG and other stuff (I can schedule there, see what is recorded etcetera) I cannot understand why the browser (running in the same system) does not see EPG and more. After all, the client proves that info is all there and within reach.
TonVH

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:00 pm

The servers do not need to be running as administrators all the time. Only the first time so it can register the listening port.

Could you send me the files under C:\ProgramData\DVBLink Scheduler\ to info@mynezone.com or share them in an online storage service?
Jake

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:49 pm

I found a problem with the color highlighters. You had saved a few colors without any parameters such as title or genre and my code didn't have any checks for it. I will make the update and upload it soon. In the meantime, you can update your color settings so it will match at least one of the parameters.

Screenshot - 2018-01-22 , 21_46_13.png
Screenshot - 2018-01-22 , 21_46_13.png (10.84 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
Jake

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 pm

I have uploaded a new version with the fix.
Jake

Postby TonVH » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 am

The color setting indeed solved the problem. Will also install update.

Suggestion: place a marking in the EPG when a program is already scheduled for recording.
TonVH

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 am

That feature is already there. The EPG checks all schedules and sets the color to red for the program. However, it only checks schedules created from the DVBLink Scheduler.

2018-01-23_11-07-40.jpg
2018-01-23_11-07-40.jpg (181.42 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Jake

Postby TonVH » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm

1. Scheduling works but not when I try to use the "Staring between". I have the feeling that AM/PM does not work correctly. Example; I want to record when starting between 22:30 and 23:30 then it says 11:30tt and 11:30tt. I presume "tt" means PM but this is not reflected in the EPG.

2. Saving in Settings (of colors) often returns an error message "... not saved ...". Unclear why because after a while it does save. Also selecting "configure" almost always results in the line removed.

3. Sration ID's are missing in the web view. See attachment.

Anyway, thanks for the product and good support. Wish that this would be incorporated in DVBlink for all platforms.

screenshot_62.png
screenshot_62.png (39.49 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
TonVH

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:05 pm

The starting between could be a locale issue. What is your locale in Windows?

I have never seen that error message when saving a color. And the same goes for when clicking on the configure. Very odd. It's difficult to fix it if I can't recreate it.

I assume you are referring to the channel logos. The channel logos are cached from DVBLink in the WebUI database, but if the logos aren't accessible when caching you will get a generic icon. I looked at the database you sent yesterday and it had no channel information at all. So there is something with the connection from the WebUI server and the DVBLink server. There is no text display for the channel name. I might add that...
Jake

Postby TonVH » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Scheduling works now. Problem was mainly caused by the fact that when 'record' was selected there was automatically a season & episode number set to "0' which (in my cases) did not exist. Also the mode had to be changed from the default "all airings except ..." to simply "all airings".
TonVH

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:02 pm

If you select record (the first option) in the EPG and it finds a season or episode number (can be 0 depending on your data), it will use them. This is one of the differences between this scheduler and a "normal" scheduler. It schedules based on metadata more than time. The reason for this is that the guide data can change and if you set a timer for a particular time it can miss it.

"All airings except" has to have unique data. This mode is there to record series without any duplicates.
Jake

PreviousNext

Return to General