Droid client behind proxy/guide time out/audio drop

DVBLink Connect! Server is discussed here!

Droid client behind proxy/guide time out/audio drop

Postby ashley » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi,

I'm running ICS on an HTC 3D EVO and I've noticed the following issues with the Droid client;
1. Proxy server;
My connection to the internet from wifi is forced through a corporate proxy.
When I expose the dvblink ports over the net, I can access them from a browser on the phone, but the droid client appears to be disregarding the wifi proxy settings and is failing to connect. Can the Droid client be modified to specify a proxy setting or to take the default proxy for the wifi connection?

2. Guide data starting at wrong time.
- Guide data always appears to be starting at wrong time. I'm in NZ and I'm wondering if the droid client is not taking into account the timezone/region on the phone as the times always seem to show the evening in the morning. Any ideas?

3. Audio loss after a few minutes.
since 4.5, I'm often seeing the picture to carry on going but the audio to drop out after a couple fo minutes using the Droid client. I didn't used to see this before and I don't see this on remote potato.

cheers
Ashley
Intel i5 quad, AMD 6450, 16GB RAM, OSCam on pi, Omnikey 3121, Acamd 0.6.2.0
1xBGT3600, 1xBGT3595, multi-zone audio via SqueezeLite under Debian VMs under Win7.
TV Source 4.6 on Win7 x64, with Samsung SIII (cm11)+Nexus7+XBox360+MCE Clients
ashley

Re: Droid client behind proxy/guide time out/audio drop

Postby ashley » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:01 am

Problem 1 is now solved using OpenVPN client on the droid - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nvpn&hl=en
Arne made a modification that allows the droid openvpn client to use an upstream proxy. Using this method I connect to my home network over https to the OpenVPN server and Android streaming works great.
It is much more secure than opening the dvblogic streaming ports directly.
1xBGT3600, 1xBGT3595, multi-zone audio via SqueezeLite under Debian VMs under Win7.
ashley

Re: Droid client behind proxy/guide time out/audio drop

Postby ashley » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:38 am

Is anyone else seeing the audio dropping out on the Droid client (TCP streaming) - it makes the Droid client virtually unusable.
The TV stream continues without any glitching at all - it's just the audio that drops off within a few minutes.
Oberon, you mentioned a release mid August - any hints as to what might be fixed/improved?
Can this be added to the list if it's not already?
ashley

Return to DVBLink Connect! Server