Server "laagin" the stream to clients

DVBLink Connect! Server is discussed here!

Postby riao » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:37 pm

with 4.5 i have a problem to receive a proper stream, i never had it with 4.1 or 3.x
every 20 sec the sound and picture lags, stops for a quarter of a second, fragments are shown and vanish within the next second.
This is constant and repeating on every client (work pc, bedroom and living room) and happens every 30-40s, no fun to watch tv at the moment... :(
The servers performance is below 30% cpu and below 40% ram usage. network is gigabit cable.

EDIT: This "lag" is in timesshift and recordings. It seems to be part of the stream and included. So it must be at the tv server.
I am running it on a whs 2011 using a digital devices dvb-c tuner
When i use win media player and consume the dlna stream the lag is gone.
riao

Re: Server "laagin" the stream to clients

Postby riao » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 am

While watching this issue for the last days:

It is not permantent, there are timeslots where i dont have a stuttering live tv. these are rare but existent.
By using the dlna stream this problem is like it never exist.
It its only while using the dvblink network client embedded in media center but when, it is on every single one of all my 4 Clients.
There are times the stuttering is stronger and combined with a freezing image (for 0.5 sec) or part of the image, on other times its is less strong and results only in stuttering tone (0.2 sec silence) but it is very annoying!
riao

Postby riao » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:05 pm

I still do need an solution. This is permanent and not related to hardware (low cpu or ram).
riao

Postby Oberon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Can you try using Preview functionality with VLC to check if the artifacts are also present there?
Server: Synology DS212j, TBS5980CI (Dutch CanalDigitaal), TeVii s660 unicable Astra 28.2E, DVBLink TVSource 4.6.0, all DVBLink EPG Loaders
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 MediaCenter, Samsung DLNA TV, IPad, Samsung Galaxy S, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby riao » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Will do tomorrow evening and reply the result

For Info, these are my Specs:
Client (Main): AMD Athlon 245e - 4GB - M4A785D-M PRO - Radeon HD5450 - Windows 7 Pro 32Bit - PowerDVD12
Bedroom: AMD A350M, 4GB
Server: AMD Athlon 245e - 4GB - GeForce210 - WHS 2011 with DVB Logic 4.5 Connect! Server, MyMovies v4 DB, Cine CT v6 + CI
riao

Postby riao » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:21 am

Looks good. Working fine.
Had to install the vlc on the server.
The configuration interface cant be loaded and properly viewed in a browser on a client.

There are different scenarios.
The rare one is that i watch a channel and the audio stops (laags) for parts of a seconds every 2,3 min.
As time moves on the stops continue to happend more often and increase intense and also by increasing intense the picture starts to creates artifacts.
Then I stop watching and turn the tv off.

The most common one is, that audio stop are present as descriped before but the frequency and intense decrease over time.
riao

Postby riao » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Still having the problem.
It occurs only, when i use the MCE clients....
If it occurs at client A in MCE and i start the stream with a DLNA in media player / VLC / ... on Client B : i have the studdering on MediaCenter Client A but not on DLNA Client B.
CPU Load on server and clients is below 60% also Ram is below 50%.

Is this a know issue? Is this issue reproducable? Is there a solution?
Is this related to an Uninstallation of 4.x and installation of 4.5 on same system? What can i do to help your support or to receive support at this?
riao

Postby ac_simps » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:17 pm

I have the same problem after upgrading from 3.x

Perfect on any DLNA client but inside MCE lots of artifacts and on all 3 clients which were perfect before.

Same with VLC worked just fine no problems.

:cry:

Could do with some help on this one.
ac_simps

Postby riao » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:20 am

On their website they declare this board for support.
There is no support here.
They produce a nice tool but when you have trouble, you are on your own.
Disapointing and frustrating.
riao

Postby Chrissi007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi,

@ riao:
Exactly the same problem occurs on every client in our house, too. I also did an updating process to version 4.5. I also switched off the firewall for testing purpose, but it didn't improve the situation. Sometimes, I think I got the error solved because the stream is free of lags or artifacts, however, after 2-3 minutes the stuttering starts again and becomes worse and worse...

However: Also in case i try to watch a stream using VLC i suffer from the lags / stuttering / artifacts... In my opinion they are even worse than using MCE.
Chrissi007

Postby riao » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:23 am

I noticed that my clients performance is decresed over time since installation.
i reinstalled windows and the performance also on dvblink client improved. the studdering became less, close to nothing.
It seems to be a performance problem on the clients.
riao

Postby Beachman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:11 pm

riao wrote:with 4.5 i have a problem to receive a proper stream, i never had it with 4.1 or 3.x
every 20 sec the sound and picture lags, stops for a quarter of a second, fragments are shown and vanish within the next second.
This is constant and repeating on every client (work pc, bedroom and living room) and happens every 30-40s, no fun to watch tv at the moment... :(
The servers performance is below 30% cpu and below 40% ram usage. network is gigabit cable.

EDIT: This "lag" is in timesshift and recordings. It seems to be part of the stream and included. So it must be at the tv server.
I am running it on a whs 2011 using a digital devices dvb-c tuner
When i use win media player and consume the dlna stream the lag is gone.

Hi I am experience exactly the same problem! I have set up a new whs 2011 with intel i5 sandy bridge gigabit cable. My client is an Asrock ION 330-HT. Before I set up my server I run dvblink tvsource 4.11 on my asrock with no stuttering problem at all on my weak 1.6 ghz ION (except when xmltv was updating which should be fixed in 4.5, one of the reason for upgrade...)!

Playing through VLC or even stream HD livetv to iphone works with no problem, but WMC client gives me intermittently audio and video lags. I have tried to use both udp and tcp streaming without success. What else can I do? is there other settings on client/server I can test?? This is really annoying! Server CPU is near 0%! and client cpu around 20-35%. Please help!
Server: Connect 4.5.2 on WHS2011. Intel I5. Cinergy t-stick dual RC HD (acamd,oscam), 2x PCTV nanostick T2 290e(acamd,oscam), 2x Anysee T2C (Boxer HD Sweden CI, clone+). Clients: Asus Vivotab TF810C W8Pro WMC, Asrock ION 330HT-BD W8Prox64 WMC, 2x Iphone 4
Beachman

Postby Beachman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:35 am

Beachman wrote:Playing through VLC or even stream HD livetv to iphone works with no problem, but WMC client gives me intermittently audio and video lags.

After some more investigation I found that the artifacts/intermittent stutter only occures when watching freeview dvb-t2 channels (H264 720P50) on my PCTV nanostick T2. If I watch the very same channel on my Anysee T2C there is no artifacts/stutters. So I am more into that there is some issue on the server with my PCTV tuners. I did't have this problem before I migrated from TVSource 4.11 on my Asrock HTPC to my new Connect 4.5 WHS 2011 setup. I will look at my logs later this evening... It's like someone pushing a button that starts artifacts every 20 sec. sometime there is 1-2 min between the artifacts. If I record and rewind to the same spot where the artifact was, it is still there so it is in the stream...

WAF points is below 0 for now :(

Any ideas!?
Server: Connect 4.5.2 on WHS2011. Intel I5. Cinergy t-stick dual RC HD (acamd,oscam), 2x PCTV nanostick T2 290e(acamd,oscam), 2x Anysee T2C (Boxer HD Sweden CI, clone+). Clients: Asus Vivotab TF810C W8Pro WMC, Asrock ION 330HT-BD W8Prox64 WMC, 2x Iphone 4
Beachman

Postby bruno71 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Beachman, have you tried disabling your onboard wlan adapter if there is one? I had similar problems, and it was solved by disabling wlan adapter. Strange but true.
bruno71

Re: Server

Postby Beachman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:18 pm

bruno71 wrote:Beachman, have you tried disabling your onboard wlan adapter if there is one? I had similar problems, and it was solved by disabling wlan adapter. Strange but true.

Thank you for your suggestion, but I don't have an onboard wlan. I have moved my issue to a new thread in TVSource as I figured out that it has nothing to do with Connect server. http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20118
Beachman

Return to DVBLink Connect! Server