Fix for BSOD V4.0.1 when starting MCE

General discussion about DVBLink products

Fix for BSOD V4.0.1 when starting MCE

Postby sab » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Guys, looks like we found the reason of BSOD and loss of channels after standby. To fix that you need to install new dvblink drivers.
Do following for that:
- backup somewhere folder "C:\Program Files\DVBLogic\DVBLink\drivers\"
- uninstall currently installed dvblink drivers:
"C:\Program Files\DVBLogic\DVBLink\dvblink_reg.exe" -uninstalldrivers
- reboot
- copy content of the attached archive to "C:\Program Files\DVBLogic\DVBLink\drivers\"
- copy driver_installer.dll from backup folder to "C:\Program Files\DVBLogic\DVBLink\drivers\"
- install new driver:
"C:\Program Files\DVBLogic\DVBLink\dvblink_reg.exe" -installdrivers
- reboot

Please let us know the result.
sab

Re: Fix for BSOD V4.0.1 when starting MCE

Postby venom51 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Is this server side or client side or both?
venom51

Postby Oberon » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:02 pm

all win7 machines where either dvblink server or dvblink client is installed.
Oberon

Postby venom51 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Got it. Thanks.
venom51

Postby venom51 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Just a mental note. For those with slower hardware like the Atom based stuff. Open device manager during the reinstall process. Executing the command to reinstall gives no indication of how long it takes for the devices to be detected and installed.
venom51

Postby venom51 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:23 pm

So far everything looks good.
venom51

Postby Undutchable » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:17 am

Hey Sab,

The start with this patch seems promising, 2 tuners available and working, simultaneously recording no problem.

But after a restart 2 tuners available but one tuner reproduces only a black screen.
2 original Canal Digital Cards in 2 Power One Cam's in 2 Floppy DVB-S2 tuners.

The card does the decryption well, the're is no warning from the Floppy Driver.
If it ain't Dutch it ain't that much.
Undutchable

Postby venom51 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm

It should be noted as well that the installation of the new drivers causes the MCE guide to re-enable all the channels previously disabled.

Edit that...apparently there is a bug somewhere cuasing the channels to be re-enabled. The DVR in the living room hasn't been rebooted and hasn't been messed with today and all the channels that were hidden from the guide are now back on the guide. That will irritate the crap out of me. I don't like to surf through 600 channels I never watch.
venom51

Postby bridlington » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:18 am

when I follow the installation procedure mentionned step by step the drivers are not updated (still 09/11).

Obviously I still had BSOD etc ...

I had to manually update each pilot one by one.

No BSOD so far, fingers crossed ...
bridlington

Postby caboto » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 am

My channels have reappeared only after a new TV setup in MCE.
However this patch seems to have solved any problem, so far.

Thanks!
SERVER - Case: Cooler Master Elite 342 | CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X2 250e | Front-End: Windows 7 MCE| Mainboard: AsRock 890gm pro3 | GPU: ATI HD 4290 | Tuners (via DVBLink 3.2.1): Floppy DTV DVB-S2 (+OScam + Acamd) - Floppy DTV DVB-T
CLIENT - Xbox360
caboto

Postby venom51 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:27 pm

caboto wrote:My channels have reappeared only after a new TV setup in MCE.
However this patch seems to have solved any problem, so far.

Thanks!

That may lead me down the road of resetting Media Center. I'll test that tonight on the box in the bedroom and report back if it fixes it.
venom51

Postby Tourniquet » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:53 am

Well, im very frustrated right now.

Because of the BSOD i also wanted to update the drivers, and it doesn't seem to be such a big deal, but apparently it is.

So i made a backup, uninstalled the drivers, rebooted, coped the 'driver_install.dll' back with the new drivers in the driver folders, installed the news drivers, and rebooted.

After that i was down to only 5 Tuners not 8. Because i had no idea what to do next i installed the other 3 tuners with the legacy wizard, but that made it even worse. So i cleard the MCE Database, and wanted to reinitialize the drivers / mce. So there were now 8 tuners, but MCE only recognized 5 of them *yeah me* i thought. Soooo, again i uninstalled the drivers (-uninstalldrivers), rebooted, (-installdrivers), rebooted. Tried it again, but didnt work also.

So i thought, maybe when i deinstall the whole package and reinstall it again, it could work again. Okay then....in the 'Programms and features' there somehow is only one entry 'DVBLink Server'. Well, the Server packaged can't be uninstalled before the others. So what can i do now? ^^

Btw this i observed several times in the 4.0 Install process, that sometimes, i don't know why, the other packages wouldnt show up in the 'Programms ans features' Center. The last time i could do a full windows reinstall, because i couldnt either reinstall nor uninstall DVBLink v4. But this time i cannot afford it.

I am soo clueless. Is there a way to manually *uninstall* DVBLink Connect / Networkpackage ?
i tried '-reginstall connect_server.xml uninstall' but got an E -> http_comm_handler::SendGetRequest. HttpSendRequest has returned with error 12045
So im not sure if it worked or not.
Windows 7 x64 Bit
1x Digital Devices Cine CT v6
1x Digital Devices DuoFlex v6
1x Digital Devices Cine CT v5.5
2x TerraTec Cinergy T Dual PCIe
DVBLink 4.5 - 8 Tuners
Tourniquet

Postby squizeer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:55 am

This did't work for me. Besides PlayReady saying it wants to be updated (which I probablly would have fix with rerunning the MCE Setup), I got an "IRQ LESS OR EQUAL" Bluescreen when I shutdown the Server (or client). So I'm back to the 4.0.1 drivers for now ...
squizeer

Postby Oberon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:10 pm

squizeer wrote:This did't work for me. Besides PlayReady saying it wants to be updated (which I probablly would have fix with rerunning the MCE Setup), I got an "IRQ LESS OR EQUAL" Bluescreen when I shutdown the Server (or client). So I'm back to the 4.0.1 drivers for now ...

What is the faulting driver?
Oberon

Postby squizeer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Oberon wrote:
squizeer wrote:This did't work for me. Besides PlayReady saying it wants to be updated (which I probablly would have fix with rerunning the MCE Setup), I got an "IRQ LESS OR EQUAL" Bluescreen when I shutdown the Server (or client). So I'm back to the 4.0.1 drivers for now ...

What is the faulting driver?

I updated the Drivers from the ZIP-File above, following the instructions as mentioned. How can i find out which is the faulting driver?
squizeer

Next

Return to General