Boxee integration

DVBLink Connect! Server is discussed here!

Re: Boxee integration

Postby Oberon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
Unfortunately the Boxee addin library provides very limited means for app development. I would dare to say that it is impossible to make a grid-like guide in Boxee app. So what we have is probably the best we can get at the moment.
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource and TV Adviser (GB) 5.1.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.2, RPi with XBMC 13.2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby Jeggo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Hello,

I just got my Boxee Box. So far it runs very smoothly even HD streaming with WLAN works nice.

After a few minutes the box proposed an update to the latest version 1.2.2.

With the origninal firmware (old design) it was possible to switch channel with "." and ",".
Now it is not possible anymore. The only way to change channels is to go back to the channel selection menu.

Are there any keyboard/remote shortcut for channel switching?

CU

Jens
Jeggo

Postby engren » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Oberon wrote:Thanks for the feedback.
Unfortunately the Boxee addin library provides very limited means for app development. I would dare to say that it is impossible to make a grid-like guide in Boxee app. So what we have is probably the best we can get at the moment.

If this would ever change in the future, please make sure you announce it clearly in the changes list for the client. :-)

I'll keep my eyes on it, but for now, Boxee DVBLink integration fails to fit my need - and the fact that I am unable to mount samba shares from Windows Server 2008 ensured that I shipped it back to the store for a refund. :-/

(Oh, btw, "," and "." for channel changes never worked for me on the latest available upgrade for the D-Link Boxee - so that's a +1 to the post above!)
engren

Postby fabulous » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 pm

I agree, the boxee box app needs a lot of work, but it's a start! Easier navigation is a must and once and a while for no apparent reason I'm getting a crash which redirects me to the boxee home/logging in screen. Anyone else having this issue or perhaps a root cause/solution?
fabulous

Postby fuzzysb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:15 am

engren wrote:
Oberon wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

If this would ever change in the future, please make sure you announce it clearly in the changes list for the client. :-)

I'll keep my eyes on it, but for now, Boxee DVBLink integration fails to fit my need - and the fact that I am unable to mount samba shares from Windows Server 2008 ensured that I shipped it back to the store for a refund. :-/

(Oh, btw, "," and "." for channel changes never worked for me on the latest available upgrade for the D-Link Boxee - so that's a +1 to the post above!)

FYI you can connect to a samba share on Windows 2008 Server from a boxee box, however you just need to change the security under local policy settings from Lanman v 2 to Lanman
fuzzysb

Previous

Return to DVBLink Connect! Server